PDA

View Full Version : CFL merchandise / Argo gear

OV Argo
08-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Been moaning about lack of availability and presence of CFL gear - hats, T-shiirts, jersies, beer mugs, etc. etc. - in stores in Canada (well Ottawa in this case) for a long time now. Nowhere near the profile of NHL (no surprise there) or even NFL, MLB presence / stuff available.

Was very surprised (almost stunned / shocked) at the amount of RedBlacks gear on display when i got to go see them play the Green Riders recently at the new Ottawa Lansdowne (beauty stadium now BTW) - i swear at least 60 to 70 percent of the fans there were sporting some kind of new RedBlacks attire - caps, Ts, unis, etc. and in a lot of cases fans had both a hat and shirt with RedBlacks on it - very impressive and they must have made a ton of buck$ from all those sales already (and i had not really seen that much at local stores, but perhaps i do not get out enough ;o))

Anyhow - was pleasantly surprised to find an Argo cap at my local beer store the other day (for 10 bucks - to add to my collection - now at 10 Argo ball caps i believe) - they had 2 different Argo & Ticat hats on display; can't recall much CFL gear available at Ottawa beer stores before but they have often had NHL, NFL or MLB gear for fans to pick-up/buy.

CFL needs to get better in this department IMO - but at least Ottawa is doing something (and there was also tons of Sasky Roughrider gear on display at that game from Rider nation types).

7dj83r8f78t4alf8