PDA

View Full Version : Trick plays

Wobbler
09-01-2014, 02:28 AM
Once upon a time, a few years ago, we used to run these fairly often. For whatever reason, however, we've really avoided doing anything exotic lately. I can't remember the last time we faked a field goal attempt, went for an onside kick in a non-obvious situation, or did anything similarly risky. And never mind that slightly crazy stuff - we hardly ever run reverses or throw deep on second and short.

Our overall offense is just fine, and suited to the personnel we have. Trick plays are crowd-pleasers, though, and I think we're not as entertaining as we should be. The D has been more fun this year thanks to their improved sack tally, but the O and special teams should do more.

Double Dare
09-01-2014, 06:33 AM
There is a conservative guy, dressed up as a coach, waiting for Halloween ...

Argocister
09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
There is a conservative guy, dressed up as a coach, waiting for Halloween ...

May be a confidence issue. These plays were there with Milanovich as coach.... But also O'Shea as specials coordinator .... And reliable players with those scenarios .... Pre especially.
I think Swayze will be game for these plays as Daleys section improves ( hopefully)

paulwoods13
09-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Daley is a horrible assistant coach. I feel quite confident in asserting that he will not be back after this season.

Stouffvillain
09-03-2014, 11:22 AM
That all comes down to the coach and how much of a risk-taker he is. Milanovich is conservative when it comes to these things. That's just his style.

Argo57
09-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Right now any pass of more than 5 yards constitutes a trick play in the Argonaut play book.

Wobbler
09-20-2014, 09:15 PM
I really enjoyed that play we ran a couple of times on Friday where the line shifted and backs were moving in opposite directions before the handoff. It was fun to watch, and effective!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8