PDA

View Full Version : Argos acquire DB Alex Suber

ArgoGabe22
09-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Suber in, Thad Gibson out

http://www.cfl.ca/article/suber-shipped-argos-acquire-veteran-db

Wobbler
09-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Well, Gibson hasn't played since July (and I think he has been "injured" rather than injured). We seem pretty happy with Whiteside and Okpalaugo as the ends. We no longer have any real depth at that position, but we probably already have an NFL camp cut in mind.

As for Suber, what's going on with him? Why hasn't he played this year? He's been on Winnipeg's IR (but never six-gamed) all season. I guess it is probably a situation similar to Gibson's.

Argocister
09-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Looks like Burke is putting some more of his character to the Defense .... Let's get her done for the playoff run!

AngeloV
09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Worth the chance IMO. Suber can be a pretty good player that has played both half and corner. As for depth at the end, it wouldn't surprise me to see Harrell moved to the end and rotate in with Whiteside.

gilthethrill
09-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Worth the chance IMO. Suber can be a pretty good player that has played both half and corner. As for depth at the end, it wouldn't surprise me to see Harrell moved to the end and rotate in with Whiteside.

Suber is a favorite of Bomber fans. Gibson did not really produce too much when in the lineup. As for depth at DE, Kyle Moore, who could be similar to Ronald Flemons should be coming of the 6 game IR soon. Harrell has looked good as of late. Did anyone get a look as to how Marcus Thomas performed on Monday?

Skinny G
09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Did anyone get a look as to how Marcus Thomas performed on Monday?

The spurts of the game that I saw, I did notice that Thomas was commanding a double team some times... that could be a positive as he opens things up for other guys elsewhere on the line and for the blitz.

I wonder if we see Suber and McCullough on the field in the next game?

paulwoods13
09-03-2014, 06:18 PM
From what I could tell (and it was difficult because of the unis) Thomas played very seldom at least in the second half.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8