PDA

View Full Version : Should the Argos have interest in Yonus Davis?

ArgoRavi
09-09-2014, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't have an issue with the Argos giving him a chance: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/After+doing+prison+time+Yonus+Davis+seeks+second+c hance/10083662/story.html

gilthethrill
09-09-2014, 02:30 AM
I remember when he got arrested. I thought he would be in jail for many years. One of the many things I love about the CFL is how it gives players like Davis a second chance. He was electrifying in BC. I would like to see if he could still play.

Mulder
09-09-2014, 07:38 AM
#40boats

At the Gibsons Awards Players pre-party in Edmonton, he was higher than a kite!

But the CFL allows recreational drugs, so if he's still got it he might be back.

Invader
09-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Yonus Davis was one of the most electrifying returners I'd ever seen in the CFL, with an amazing burst. While he was guilty of his crime, it was the DEA which facilitated the drug purchase, supplying the drugs and monitoring its transportation, then arresting him when it took possession. I believe he has 5 kids to support, which might have motivated him to make that wrong decision. Not sure what Yonus did was any worse than Chad Johnson (luckily for Chad there was no video his domestic assault) or Lawrence Phillips (who Jim Barker signed in Calgary) or that former Argo receiver who quit the team to become a rap artist.

ArgoGabe22
09-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Like the article mentioned, step 1 would be to get the proper paperwork done for him to enter Canada.

Argo
09-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Like the article mentioned, step 1 would be to get the proper paperwork done for him to enter Canada.

Father murdered, mother spiralled down the drain, mean streets, young man, price paid.

A rare talent who now seems to have become a wiser man.

Assist his attempt to play football in Canada and sign him on aboard.

Wobbler
09-10-2014, 02:51 AM
Er... he plans to "go into intensive football training" a couple of weeks from now? Davis could be ready to attend camp next year, but as a 31 year old who will have been out of football for five years he might have a tough time.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8