PDA

View Full Version : Argos vs. Ticats in the Upcoming Season

marcwagz
02-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Argos and Ticats will be a key match up next season.
They will face off 4 times, by the end surely there will be major bad blood. Wins between the two will surely determine who gets in the playoffs and who gets home field bonus.

How do you think the two teams match up for the upcoming season?

People are counting Hamilton down but I think the rivalry will be intense next season, they have one of the toughest receiving cores in the league now and I'd say Burris should still be able to play for another season.

I don't know how worrisome their D-line is though.
I think our relatively new O-line will be a weakness next year.

In the matchup I will say

Hamilton > Toronto for receiving
Toronto > Hamilton for Quarterbacking
can't comment on offensive schemes because both have new coaches

Hamiltons D line > Toronto's O line
Hamilton's O line > toronto's d line
toronto's secondary = hamiltons

I dunno I think we will be in tough to win 2/4 of the matches next season

OV Argo
02-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Ticats lost Hickman on the D-line; hard to see their D-Line being close to better than the Argos'; unless Flemons, Huntley and Wroten are no longer wanted and the Argos are totally rebuilding there; but even so - the Ticats don't have anything close to Foley as a D-lineman.

KCargosfan
02-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Hamilton has awesome linebackers but the rest of their defense is average at best imo. They may score a lot of points (though I'm not sure how much Burris has left in the tank) but I think they will give up a ton of points as well.

Will
02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Hamilton has awesome linebackers but the rest of their defense is average at best imo. They may score a lot of points (though I'm not sure how much Burris has left in the tank) but I think they will give up a ton of points as well.

Hamilton's defense is what I'd call inconsistent, which might as well average out to...well...average. There are times where I've seen that defense play terrific, and not just against the lousy offenses that the Argos have put on the field since 2009. They've played Calvillo very well on several occasions particularly at Ivor Wynne Stadium. They haven't made any additions to their secondary have they?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8