PDA

View Full Version : Do the Lions have any weaknesses?

KCargosfan
02-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Thoughts?

The CFL site is touting their defensive backfield as possibly the best ever with Shell and Parker joining their veterans. They got major breaks when both linemen didn't go to the NFL, they are set at QB and WR. I'm a little concerned about them being a powerhouse. I know I'm missing something, so what is it?

ArgoRavi
02-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Thoughts?

The CFL site is touting their defensive backfield as possibly the best ever with Shell and Parker joining their veterans. They got major breaks when both linemen didn't go to the NFL, they are set at QB and WR. I'm a little concerned about them being a powerhouse. I know I'm missing something, so what is it?

How will Mike Benevides transition into the role of head coach? If David Cynamon liked him, then that could be a potential weak spot for the Lions. :)

Ron
02-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Their weakness? Shell and Parker joining their veterans

ArgoGabe22
02-22-2012, 10:31 AM

Exactly they have a defensive backfield with an average age of like 32. They had a young Stanley Franks who suffered a really bad injury and I asked the Leos how he was doing and they never got back to me.

KCargosfan
02-22-2012, 06:25 PM

haha, not a fan of their secondary I take it.

Will
02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
As daunting as the Lions may look on paper, the statement "any given Sunday" applies or more accurately for the Argos "any Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday." Just ask the 2007 New England Patriots or the 1989 Edmonton Eskimos and they'd say they got bit in the behind by that very statement. I'll finish off with a Yogi-ism: "It ain't over till its over."

argolio
02-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Putting the pressure on them starting now: 18-0 or bust!

Area 51
02-23-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't know, did the Philadelphia Eagle have any weaknesses during the offseason last year? Looked great on paper until they actually had to play a few games. There's a lot of areas for concern in BC right now. You'd definitely missing something - - in fact, you're missing quite a few things.

How do they not feel the impact of losing a tackling machine like Elimimian? Not only was he by far their best LB, he was their best defensive player as well. I don't think anybody realizes how critical Hunt was to the success of that DLine. Those are two huge losses to the middle of the D.

Lulay plays a style similar to Buck Pierce in that he's a bit too aggressive when he gets out of the pocket to run. Eventually he's going to get knocked out by a headhunting LB. If Lulay chips a tooth and has to sit out two weeks, then what? Mike Reilly to the rescue?

Their two best receivers are 37 and 34 years old. How long until they run out of time? More importantly, how long until Bruce starts having meltdowns and gets himself run out of town again? Look at how old some of their other starters will be - - McCallum 42, Reid 36, Archibald 34, Marsh 33, Smith 33, Banks 33.

I'm already on record as to what I expect from Stubler's zone defence. Two of the five DBs struggled badly with the same system in Toronto last year. Do you think it's going to be any different for them in BC? I don't.

KCargosfan
02-23-2012, 01:53 AM
I don't know, did the Philadelphia Eagle have any weaknesses during the offseason last year? Looked great on paper until they actually had to play a few games. There's a lot of areas for concern in BC right now. You'd definitely missing something - - in fact, you're missing quite a few things.

How do they not feel the impact of losing a tackling machine like Elimimian? Not only was he by far their best LB, he was their best defensive player as well. I don't think anybody realizes how critical Hunt was to the success of that DLine. Those are two huge losses to the middle of the D.

Lulay plays a style similar to Buck Pierce in that he's a bit too aggressive when he gets out of the pocket to run. Eventually he's going to get knocked out by a headhunting LB. If Lulay chips a tooth and has to sit out two weeks, then what? Mike Reilly to the rescue?

Their two best receivers are 37 and 34 years old. How long until they run out of time? More importantly, how long until Bruce starts having meltdowns and gets himself run out of town again? Look at how old some of their other starters will be - - McCallum 42, Reid 36, Archibald 34, Marsh 33, Smith 33, Banks 33.

I'm already on record as to what I expect from Stubler's zone defence. Two of the five DBs struggled badly with the same system in Toronto last year. Do you think it's going to be any different for them in BC? I don't.

Interesting post.

I guess we can add Brent Johnson retiring to this. Without Hunt and Johnson, BC's DL would take a step back, one would think.

1argoholic
03-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Never count Wally out. The guy has a way of filling holes.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8