PDA

View Full Version : Tristan Okpalaugo Appreciation Thread

Will
10-26-2014, 08:40 AM
I feel like he's a guy who has been a bit under-appreciated this year, but he has 11.0 sacks on the season and I believe he is the first Argo to get 10 or more sacks since Jonathan Brown. He has been a very good find!

ArgoZ
10-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Excellent acquisition to a d-line that played terrible last year. I really love the QB sack on a 3rd down or even 2nd and long, as it brings me out of my seat every time. The energy a team feels when that happens is very underestimated. Often a team will come out with a big play or return right after.

1argoholic
10-27-2014, 10:30 AM
I surely hope the NFL doesn't come sniffing around now that Barker has found yet another great rookie. For some reason we seem to lose more of our fair share of guys to the NFL after a year or two. Look at Calgary who seem to keep a whole whack of great talent and one reason they are very good year in and year out.

paulwoods13
10-27-2014, 01:18 PM
I surely hope the NFL doesn't come sniffing around now that Barker has found yet another great rookie. For some reason we seem to lose more of our fair share of guys to the NFL after a year or two. Look at Calgary who seem to keep a whole whack of great talent and one reason they are very good year in and year out.

A big reason for this is how easy it is to get in and out of Toronto, and how close it is to many NFL cities. NFL scouts can easily get in and out of town, not so easily in and out of most other CFL cities. And Rogers Centre, for all its problems, offers creature comforts to scouts that can't be found in outdoor stadiums. I think this is a big reason why Flutie left us after just two years -- he had been tearing up the CFL for six seasons but it suddenly became incredibly easy for Buffalo to evaluate him several times.

Neely2005
10-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Plus the Argonauts always seem to be willing to release players from their contracts in order to go play in the NFL. That's not always the case with other teams.

Stouffvillain
10-27-2014, 02:52 PM
I really like this guy. Don't think he's NFL bound yet though. If he posts another double digit sack next year though he could head south to try to make a team.

For now I will enjoy watching him play in double blue.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8