Delano Johnson DL Bowie St.
Thomas Miles LB Manitoba
Tristan Okpalaugo DL Fresno St.
Jake Reinhart DL Guelph
Matt Sewell OL McMaster
Aston Whiteside DL Abilene Christian
Nicholas Williams LB North Alabama

--

Tristan Okpalaugo should probably be the nominee. In fact, he may be the East's top rookie.

doubleblue
10-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Has to be DE Tristan Okpalaugo.

Young Canadians who should be around for a few seasons IMO RB Anthony Coombs, LS Jake Reinhart, ST Brendon Gillanders, LB Thomas Miles and OL Matt Sewell. WR Natey Adjei, FB/TE Alex Dupuis and DB Eric Black should be back next year as well. That is an unheard of number of rookie Canadians making a CFL team. Shows the calibre of players coming out of the CIS now. The 2015 draft is suppose to be a good one, so we can expect some more good additions next year.

1argoholic
10-28-2014, 10:07 AM
The last two or three years has been the finest ever for this team in regards to finding our own talent. I thing Barker has done an amazing job both with CIS and NCAA talent. Plus he's had to do more then average because we've had serious player turnover.

Okpalaugo has to be the guy!

D-Gap-Willie
10-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Total agreement on Okpalaugo. I can't believe that our entire starting defensive line( from some games ) is eligible for the rookie award.

ArgoRavi
10-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Okpalaugo is the obvious choice but I will also say that Jake Reinhart has done an outstanding job as the long-snapper this year. I don't think that he has had one bad snap all season (knock on wood). Interestingly enough, the player he beat out (Mike Benson) is now with B.C. while the player he replaced (Chad Rempel) is now in Saskatchewan.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8