View Full Version : East division all-star Argos

Wobbler
11-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Waters: kicker, punter
Ray: QB
Owens: SB
Holmes: OL
van Zeyl: OL

(Source (http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Receiver+Duron+Carter+among+Alouettes+named+East+s tar+squad/10374637/story.html))

I'm a bit surprised that Keeping was omitted and that Holmes made it, but interior linemen are hard to judge. In a way it's a shame that Holmes won - he will be a bit more expensive to sign now!

ArgoGabe22
11-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Holmes will probably try the NFL again, which is what I understood from Barker's comments the other day.

I think Gabriel and Okapalugo are also worthy all-stars. Grigsby getting in as the Eastern RB is a joke.

ArgoRavi
11-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Holmes will probably try the NFL again, which is what I understood from Barker's comments the other day.

I think Gabriel and Okapalugo are also worthy all-stars. Grigsby getting in as the Eastern RB is a joke.

I guess that Grigsby got in by default as he was the most healthy tailback in the East this year but far from the best IMO. I don't know how either Gabriel or Okpalaugo didn't make it on the all-star team.

ArgoGabe22
11-12-2014, 04:25 PM
I guess that Grigsby got in by default as he was the most healthy tailback in the East this year but far from the best IMO. I don't know how either Gabriel or Okpalaugo didn't make it on the all-star team.

But Ravi, Grigsby only played 3 games for Hamilton totalling something like 150 yards. Slaton, Steele, Sutton and even the injured Chevon Walker are more deserving.

If he's an all-star, it must be via the West IMO, which he isn't either.

Argo57
11-12-2014, 08:18 PM
But Ravi, Grigsby only played 3 games for Hamilton totalling something like 150 yards. Slaton, Steele, Sutton and even the injured Chevon Walker are more deserving.

Bizarre that Grigsby is even eligible as an east all star, there should be a minimum # of games required to qualify, add to the fact his play with Hamilton has been ordinary at best.

argotom
11-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Swayze by far and away was this teams best player and should have been the MOP.
I hope we can keep him after his contract runs out.
Correct me if I am wrong, but he did sign a 2 year contract with a 1 year option.
So guaranteeing at least being around for 2015.
If so, I would attempt to re up with him now.

ArgoRavi
11-12-2014, 11:04 PM

Sorry, I had a brain cramp and was thinking that Winnipeg was still in the East. That makes this all-star award even more perplexing.

AngeloV
11-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Sorry, I had a brain cramp and was thinking that Winnipeg was still in the East. That makes this all-star award even more perplexing.

It's almost as bad as Alexander Ovechkin being both RW and LW All star in the NHL a couple of years ago.

gilthethrill
11-13-2014, 10:40 AM
I wonder if Grigsby's contract states he is allowed a bonus if named to the Western Division All-Star team....?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8