PDA

View Full Version : OC for hire.

Fumblitis
12-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Cortez is on the market...and it's about time!!!!
http://m.cfl.ca/article/riders-confirm-cortez-will-not-return-in-2015

gilthethrill
12-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Cortez is on the market...and it's about time!!!!
http://m.cfl.ca/article/riders-confirm-cortez-will-not-return-in-2015

I have always considered Cortez to be a highly regarded coach for many years in both Canada and the U.S....how was he do succeed after he had to game plan with either Sunsuri or Joseph? Why are Rider fans happy to see him depart?

Fumblitis
12-04-2014, 04:47 PM
He's kind of known to be a "my way or the highway" kinda guy who tends to be a bit stubborn. That's the consensus on Riderfans.com. I myself questioned some of his decisions regarding play calling.

Argo57
12-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Aside from his abrasive personality (often on display in Hamilton) Cortez is a highly regarded and well respected OC.
My guess is that Chamblin and Cortez simply didn't jive and the lack of production was a convenient excuse to run him out of town.
Hard to blame Cortez when you go from Durant as your starting QB to Sunseri and Joseph.

Fumblitis
12-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Aside from his abrasive personality (often on display in Hamilton) Cortez is a highly regarded and well respected OC.
My guess is that Chamblin and Cortez simply didn't jive and the lack of production was a convenient excuse to run him out of town.
Hard to blame Cortez when you go from Durant as your starting QB to Sunseri and Joseph.From what I understand he clashed with some of the players too. Rumour is Dressler resigning for 2015, Cortez would have to be gone as one of the conditions of signing.

doubleblue
12-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Maybe George is to old school now for the modern athlete. The older Coaches that survive in Sports now seem to be the ones that change their approach.

OV Argo
12-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Cortez is big time over-rated as a CFL offensive "thinker" IMO - only knows standard same old CFL offence and shows little diversity or imagination at times; he's had numerous CFL shots and sure he can do OK or very well at time - give him an experienced vet QB and other good parts on O.

NO thanks for this good ole boy to join the Argos - they could do better than same old, limited offence / a crusty old set in his ways type = hire a newer or younger guy with some fresh thinking and who also can be a leader who gets along with his players.

AngeloV
12-05-2014, 12:35 PM
So this is the same guy that led the offence when they won the Grey Cup in 2013, but he suddenly became stupid in 2014? Rider fans crack me up. IMO, Chamblin's is on a power trip. It's everyone's fault, but his.

Hard to blame Cortez when you go from Durant as your starting QB to Sunseri and Joseph.

Bingo.

Fumblitis
12-05-2014, 01:04 PM
So this is the same guy that led the offence when they won the Grey Cup in 2013, but he suddenly became stupid in 2014? Rider fans crack me up. IMO, Chamblin's is on a power trip. It's everyone's fault, but his.

Bingo.Or are they both on a power trip and one simply had to go?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8