PDA

View Full Version : Argos Extend Tyler Holmes

ArgoGabe22
01-30-2015, 02:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> extend the contract of OL Tyler Holmes (<a href="https://twitter.com/tholmes57">@Tholmes57</a>) through 2016. <a href="http://t.co/m9UF38A3nZ">pic.twitter.com/m9UF38A3nZ</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/561245583584034816">January 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Perhaps the NFL chance did not present itself. Good to see he didn't want to test Free agency, especially with his hometown RedBlacks in the mix.

AngeloV
01-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Excellent news. Is it June yet?

paulwoods13
01-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Fantastic. I believe he's going to have a monster season under Himebauch's direction. His departure would have been our biggest personnel problem by far.

ArgoRavi
01-30-2015, 06:10 PM
That is excellent news! I had a good feeling when I saw him in the Argos' holiday greetings video but you never know until the name is on the dotted line.

Things are taking shape nicely for this franchise on the field; now we just need some positive news about the stadium/ownership situation.

Wobbler
01-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Of our remaining FAs, I'd really like to see Steele back. Everyone else is optional.

gilthethrill
01-30-2015, 08:43 PM
I didn't see him coming back to the Argos. Continuity on the O line as well as coaching staff has me getting more and more optimistic about 2015.

argotom
01-30-2015, 10:44 PM
A very good signing.

argolio
01-30-2015, 10:54 PM
Excellent news. Is it June yet?Way too cold. Wait another 10,000 (positive) degrees.

Great to see another positive step taken on the way to training camp.

jerrym
01-31-2015, 06:40 AM
I love the signing. Tyler should mature into a very good player.

doubleblue
01-31-2015, 07:14 AM
This Is good news Indeed. I presume Tyler will be slotted in at LG again, but I wonder if he could eventually play the Left Tackle spot.

Will
01-31-2015, 09:19 AM
That is excellent news! I had a good feeling when I saw him in the Argos' holiday greetings video but you never know until the name is on the dotted line.

Things are taking shape nicely for this franchise on the field; now we just need some positive news about the stadium/ownership situation.

Secondary and receiving corps are still needing much attention.

ArgoRavi
01-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Secondary and receiving corps are still needing much attention.

There is certainly much still to be done but I would suggest that the secondary already improved with Ricky Foley's addition as that should allow the Argos to get sufficient pressure with their front four and not have to blitz as much.

gilthethrill
01-31-2015, 03:10 PM
There is certainly much still to be done but I would suggest that the secondary already improved with Ricky Foley's addition as that should allow the Argos to get sufficient pressure with their front four and not have to blitz as much.

The Argo Defence allowed a league leading 30 TD's through the air last season.

Argo57
01-31-2015, 03:39 PM

Improved pass rush always helps but instability and lack of continuity in the secondary has been an issue during the past 2 seasons, the talent definitely needs to be upgraded.

OV Argo
01-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Holmes is a real nice re-signing; i wuz afraid he would go to Ottawa where he grew up / played HS ball.

I guess Holmes will stay at OG, but he could get a shot to play OT where he did in college ball? Van Zeyl - Holmes - Keeping - King - Rodgers (in whatever order - IMO King was outstanding at OT in his rookie season) would be an experienced O-Line, with Sewell (could still maybe get a shot to play OT?), Scott Mitchell or maybe vet Wayne Smith (or whoever else) as back-ups/depth. = O-line a potential real strong suit - but i said that last year. Like to see more run game / balance on offence to help keep pass rush off Ricky Ray.

And yeah - D-backfield is a big priority - bring in lots of competition for TC (including give Matt Black a real shot at a corner spot) - and evaluate well and try to get some continuity/chemistry there.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8