PDA

View Full Version : Random Thought of the Day - Labour Day 2013

Mulder
02-23-2012, 04:49 PM
So, As I was reading about Ticats maybe playing some games in London, Ontario the 2013 season, I had an idea about labour day 2013.

Play it at the Rogers Centre.

Open up the West and North endzone for Ticat fans and season ticket holders only. South and East stands for Argo fans season ticket holders only. Could inject some much needed hype into the rivalry!

That is all.

Deerkeeper
02-23-2012, 04:55 PM
So, As I was reading about Ticats maybe playing some games in London, Ontario the 2013 season, I had an idea about labour day 2013.

Play it at the Rogers Centre.

Open up the West and North endzone for Ticat fans and season ticket holders only. South and East stands for Argo fans season ticket holders only. Could inject some much needed hype into the rivalry!

That is all.

Won't work. If there is no Blue Jay game scheduled, then Rogers will bring in a dog show. Because of the time it takes to poop and scoop, the field will not be ready to play on till Wednesday night.

1argoholic
02-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Deerkeeper,hahahaha man that's funny. I say play Labour Day in London. Great road trip.

R.J
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
IMO 2013 would be the only year for the Argos to host the Labour Day Classic, could make it a great event as well. With the TiCats not having a home, I don't see too much complaining from them, but if the stadium is ready for 2014, I'm sure the TiCats will want "their" classic back. Braley brought up previously that he would like the argos to host the Labour Day Classic, Mitchell came back right away saying they were not going to give up the game any year and that game belongs in Hamilton.

Will
02-23-2012, 06:07 PM
IMO 2013 would be the only year for the Argos to host the Labour Day Classic, could make it a great event as well. With the TiCats not having a home, I don't see too much complaining from them, but if the stadium is ready for 2014, I'm sure the TiCats will want "their" classic back. Braley brought up previously that he would like the argos to host the Labour Day Classic, Mitchell came back right away saying they were not going to give up the game any year and that game belongs in Hamilton.

The rivalry needs to be injected from spiced up from the Toronto point of view. Part of that would be having a defining game at home against the Ti-Cats. Hamilton has Labour Day on their calendar every year. We need some sort of annual game against the Ti-Cats as well. But, I agree with Mitchell that the game on Labour Day belongs in Hamilton.

matchuk
02-23-2012, 08:31 PM
it seems like the most obvious choice, but as most know, when its obvious it usually never happens

7dj83r8f78t4alf8