PDA

View Full Version : So What Do You Think of Our Current Lineup?

marcwagz
02-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Offence
QB
Ray

RB
Boyd

SB
Jason Barnes
Andre Durie
Chad Owens

WR
Maurice Mann
Spencer Watt

OT
Chris Van-Zeyl
Edwan Coughman

OG
Cedric Gagne-Marcoux
Joe Eppelle

C
Marc Parenteau

On defense we currently would have to start a lineup of...

DT
Kevin Huntley
Claude Wroten

DE
Ricky Foley
Ronald Flemons

LB
Willie Pile
Ejiro Kuale
Jason Pottinger

DB
Evan McCollough
Matt Black
Nick Clement
Jordan Younger
Sean Smalls

9 Canadians.
Does that look like what we are about at now? As free agency and such goes on I'll update the list. What do you think of this, what do you think needs most improvement?

Our O-line will be super green. We have the same D-line that was kind of disappointing last year.

On the bright side, I actually think our recievers will be good especially with the extra depth we will have at camp. And of course, QB and RB.

Will
02-26-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm fairly comfortable with our backfield with Boyd, Kackert, Durie (sometimes) and Johnson. We'll probably be bringing in a Canadian RB before training camp.

The receiving corps has some potential with Barnes and Durie, but we'll need a few of the other guys to step up as well. Don't forget that Boldin, Tranks and Ballard will also get a look at training camp.

1argoholic
02-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Not sure this has what it takes to do one hell of alot. We'll see.

OV Argo
02-26-2012, 10:12 PM
I doubt that's going to be the starting line-up; but maybe.

And as far as 9 NIs "starting" - i think you can forget about that - it will likely be the minimum 7, IMO.

Will
02-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I doubt that's going to be the starting line-up; but maybe.

And as far as 9 NIs "starting" - i think you can forget about that - it will likely be the minimum 7, IMO.

Which Canadians on his list do not start in your opinion?

OV Argo
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Which Canadians on his list do not start in your opinion?

I doubt you will see both of Black & Pottinger starting on D; maybe one of them, but also maybe neither (Jones and the Stamps D did not play one NI as a full-time starter - more a platoon of guys subbing in and out) - though depends on what shakes out on the O - where Watt or any other NI not named Durie may be in tough for regular playing time (the Als with Millanovich as OC had zero NI starters in their receiving corps last year - after Cahoon had retired - former top draft pick, and one time amongst top receiving #s in all of NCAA ball in a season - Eric Deslauriers - was basically a back-up).

And while its probably good to assume the Argos will go with 4 NI O-Linemen - i doubt it will be Parenteau at C - i could see him starting at OG, where he has much more experience than Eppelle.

Area 51
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Unless he had a double hand transplant this off season, I can't see Watt starting ahead of Ballard or Bolden or one of the other imports they've brought in. Watt would be a starter if they were desparate to find seven NI starters. If Watt shows the same kind of game as he did last year, there's no way he can start unless it an absolute emergency. Even then, I'd put Bradwell in the lineup ahead of him.

Still some major spots to fill on defence. Will Pottinger be physically ready to start the season? Will EJ find his game that disappeared after a strong start last year? Will Pile be able to adapt as a LB? Wouldn't surprise me if Cannon or Clement ended up replacing two of your projected starters at LB.

The DLine is still a mess. Flemons was invisible on pass rush last year, and was constantly targeted by teams running at him. Last year Huntley and Wroten were allowed to ad lib and basically do what they felt like at DT. I don't think Jones will let them repeat that again this year.

Is Younger going to be fast enough to move to DB? He struggled in coverage last year as a LB and if he moves to the secondary it would seem reasonable to think he's going to be in more coverage situations this year.

Nob
02-26-2012, 11:02 PM
I think that it is going to be hard to project how the battle for receiver spots will go. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in even more competition there. Agree on Watt - if he starts then ugggggggh....... However, and before the Watt-lovers jump on with their "you can't give up on a 23-year old speedster" yada, yada, yada.....let me say that there will still probably be a spot on the roster for him.

I also think that the D is going to undergo a major overhaul, and more help is coming. Remember last year a lot of the free agent camp signees didn't get announced until the eve of training camp. I'm hoping for the same again this year because that lineup scares me. The D-line really underwhelmed, and the proposed lineup remains unchanged. LB's should be alright. DB's could be good. I really like McCollough, but I expected more out of Smalls.

However, the best thing that I like about the O and the D isn't as much who is there (right now), but who will be coaching them. We finally have some top notch coordinators who know and understand the Canadian game!

Oh yeah, that Ray guy will be alright at QB too.....lol.

OV Argo
02-26-2012, 11:06 PM
In some sort of real, honest = not pencilled in CFL thinking Argo TC world - I could see a whole bunch of NI players panning out as "starters" : maybe 5 O-Linemen; maybe Durie + 2 of Watt, Bradwell, Feoli-Gudino (or a draft pick) at receiver; On D - Foley (let's say a given) + maybe Pottinger (or Tristan Black - like to see him get a real shot at MLB), or Matt Black at CB; or maybe Greg Alexandre (or a draft pick in a good crop at DT), at DT. That could equal something like 10 or 11 NI starters. Not going to happen though - and regardless of TC grading out - more likely 7 or maybe 8 NI starters /guys who get lots of playing time on O or D.

Nob
02-26-2012, 11:25 PM
I would be surprised if we have more than 7 NI starters. We will probably have more NI's get in the game in situational spots, rotations, etc., but don't see them starting.

I don't see Black (DB) starting. Would like to see what Black (LB) could do.

I'm guessing the starting NI's break down like this: 4 on the OL, 1 at receiver, Foley on the DL, and 1 at LB.

Area 51
02-26-2012, 11:36 PM
In some sort of real, honest = not pencilled in CFL thinking Argo TC world - I could see a whole bunch of NI players panning out as "starters" : maybe 5 O-Linemen; maybe Durie + 2 of Watt, Bradwell, Feoli-Gudino (or a draft pick) at receiver; On D - Foley (let's say a given) + maybe Pottinger (or Tristan Black - like to see him get a real shot at MLB), or Matt Black at CB; or maybe Greg Alexandre (or a draft pick in a good crop at DT), at DT. That could equal something like 10 or 11 NI starters. Not going to happen though - and regardless of TC grading out - more likely 7 or maybe 8 NI starters /guys who get lots of playing time on O or D.

I'd say Durie's much more than just a "maybe" starter - - he's just as much a given on offence as Foley is on defence. At this point I don't think there's any question that Foley and Durie are the Argo's top two Canadians. York University represent!

But I'm curious to know what it is that you see in Spencer Watt to think that he's a legit starting WR who can make a solid contribution to a championship calibre team. Other than the last game of the 2010 season when Montreal sat out their starters and basically treated it as an exhibition game, I haven't seen anything out of Watt to suggest he's anything close to being a CFL receiver. So what is it that I'm missing with him? What is it you see in him that I'm not?

I haven't seen enough of Feoli-Gudino or Alexandre play to have an informed opinion on them. But you've mentioned Alexandre's name quite a few times as a guy who should be starting at DT. What is it about these two that stands out to you? Does Feoli-Gudino have blazing speed or uncanny route running? Is Alexandre a physical beast that will manhandle interior OLinemen and overwhelm them with his speed?

Nob
02-26-2012, 11:45 PM
What Feoli-Gudino has, that Watt doesn't, is HANDS........

Whoops, count the Watt lovers coming in 3-2-1.............

Area 51
02-26-2012, 11:55 PM

Are those important for a receiver?

marcwagz
02-27-2012, 12:09 AM
how bout the end of 2010 where Watt was our best reciever for a couple games?

How the heck do you expect a route runner with speed to make catches if there are NO ROUTES TO RUN AS ADMITTED BY THE RECIEVERS LAST YEAR
the offence had no clue what they were doing last year.

And as for Watt having bad hands, please. He dropped a couple bad important passes yes, but Owens dropped more and nobody is pencilling him out.

AngeloV
02-27-2012, 01:15 AM

And this has been proven at what level? Until he proves that he can do it with pro DB's and LB's closing in on him, this is pure speculation on your part. It also remains to be seen if he can get open in the pros. Oh yeah, and Watt is also a year younger than Feoli-Gudino, yet has 2 years of pro experience under his belt.

Get a clue.

Nob
02-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Fair point that Feoli-Gudino hasn't done it at the pro level. I was at the Vanier Cup for his 10 catch performance and he impressed. Again, I conceed that Mac's defense is slightly less challenging than the pro defenses he will see. The other challenge will be in learning a new playbook, new calls, new reads, new jargons, etc. But to give Watt a free pass (which he would probably drop....) is insane.

As for Owens, as marc said above he has just as bad a case as the drops. He too needs to earn his time on offence I see him as a receiver in certain packages only.

I believe that I've been on record as saying the whole receiving corps needed revamping. One of the happiest days I've had lately was when Rideau finally got sent packing. I also smiled when Copeland, who had a terrific career but less than all-star time in Argoland, changed careers.

It's also the reason why I was hoping that Fantuz would wear double blue.

The only locks I see in the receiving corps for 2012 are Barnes and Durie. The rest will play out in TC.

Area 51
02-27-2012, 01:51 AM
But to give Watt a free pass (which he would probably drop....) is insane.

Haha, score one for Nob. Just be careful though - - that kind of sarcastic wit can get you banned in here!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who was thrilled to see Rideau finally get released. What was your opinion on Younger's attempt at insisting Rideau wasn't a complete dog and justifying the lazy play?

If Ballard can stay healthy, I'd expect a good season from him. Pair that with Durie & Barnes and Toronto will have a nice set of receivers.

marcwagz
02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
So what did we hire a coach who has something against Canadians?
there is no denying most of our o line if not all will be canadian.
durie certainly deserves to be in the starting line up and there is no way foley is not in it.
that is 6 canadians that have to be in the lineup.

we imo pottinger deserves to start, if he does't that is just ridiculous

so we have no other starting canadians?

Area 51
02-27-2012, 10:25 AM
pottinger deserves to start, if he does't that is just ridiculous

Based on what? If you had to choose between starting Pottinger or Elimimian, who would it be?

You can't make a blanket statement like that without first seeing who the imports are that get brought in and how they perform.

Nob
02-27-2012, 11:29 AM
I think the key isn't how many NI start, besides the obligatory 7, but how many you have for certain substitutions and/or packages. Remember when they used Tang Bachiyae (sorry if I didn't get the spelling correct) as a LB in their nickel package? Or if they can get some big NI's to use in goal line situations (both on O and D). And don't forget that you have Jeff Johnson to use in different ways. Players like Bradwell and Rempell (or Keeping) for the 2 TE set. And yes, even Watt for the 6-pack of receivers.

That is where you need your NI depth.

marcwagz
02-27-2012, 01:27 PM
I'd get rid of willie pile before I took pottinger out of the starting line up, although I know that isn't possible as he is the d-captain

1argoholic
02-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Who knows what to expect. It's all a crap shoot with so many new faces that'll be on the sidelines and playing the game.

ArgoGabe22
02-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Don't think Bolden will be back or should be. Nothing against the guy but two years on the practice roster and he produced nothing. As for Ballard how can he be so great when no one has even seen play yet in this league unless Area 51 knows something we don't (like always lol). I gotta say Pottinger deserves to start over Cannon or Kuale and yes even Pile. I think if the Argos don't plan to use him they would've just told Pottinger to find another team. Not sure what to say about Mann, can he still produce or is he the next Preche Rodriguez.

Will
02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Don't think Bolden will be back or should be. Nothing against the guy but two years on the practice roster and he produced nothing. As for Ballard how can he be so great when no one has even seen play yet in this league unless Area 51 knows something we don't (like always lol). I gotta say Pottinger deserves to start over Cannon or Kuale and yes even Pile. I think if the Argos don't plan to use him they would've just told Pottinger to find another team. Not sure what to say about Mann, can he still produce or is he the next Preche Rodriguez.

How much opportunity has Boldin got on the active roster? He joined the PR late in the 2010 season and I don't think got into the lineup a heck of a lot. I think he deserves a shot to show what he can do now that our QB position is stable. Ballard is in the same situation as Boldin I think, hasn't been on the team nearly as long, but nevertheless deserves a shot to showcase what he can do.

ArgoGabe22
02-27-2012, 06:59 PM
But if the coaches saw potential in Bolden wouldn't they activate him especially at the end of the season where players were fighting for jobs for next year. Ballard deserves a shot but other than the opener in Calgary Boldin never played again. Not saying he's bad but if the coaches don't activate him after 1.5 years its saying something IMO. Could be the next Chad Owens but even Owens got activated to return kicks against us.

Will
02-27-2012, 07:06 PM
But if the coaches saw potential in Bolden wouldn't they activate him especially at the end of the season where players were fighting for jobs for next year. Ballard deserves a shot but other than the opener in Calgary Boldin never played again. Not saying he's bad but if the coaches don't activate him after 1.5 years its saying something IMO. Could be the next Chad Owens but even Owens got activated to return kicks against us.

Boldin was activated late in the season I believe. While his lack of opportunity through 1.5 years may be a legitimate inquiry, the fact is that the instability at QB meant that plenty of WR talent wasn't given much of an opportunity, period.

ArgoGabe22
02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Well maybe he didn't get his name out on tv by making plays but maybe the coaches and Barker like what they see from the bird cam us fans can't see. Is he doing whats asked, blocking, getting open, running good routes etc.

Its funny first I question Boldin's contribution and now it looks like I'm supporting him lol

Will
02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Well maybe he didn't get his name out on tv by making plays but maybe the coaches and Barker like what they see from the bird cam us fans can't see. Is he doing whats asked, blocking, getting open, running good routes etc.

Its funny first I question Boldin's contribution and now it looks like I'm supporting him lol

I don't know, but I'm not willing to give up on Boldin yet. He should be brought into training camp at the very least.

jerrym
02-27-2012, 11:58 PM
With all the changes, one question for me, aside from talent level, is how quickly both the offence and defence will jell as units. I am most concerned about the offensive line. Especially with the loss of Picard and probably the loss of 3 experienced O-liners, I think that this could be a weak point especially when teamwork is critical to this position.

Area 51
02-28-2012, 12:27 AM
But if the coaches saw potential in Bolden wouldn't they activate him especially at the end of the season where players were fighting for jobs for next year. Ballard deserves a shot but other than the opener in Calgary Boldin never played again. Not saying he's bad but if the coaches don't activate him after 1.5 years its saying something IMO.

You mean the same coaches who decided to abandon the run game and focus on passing attack even though they had the best CFL RB and the worst CFL QB? You mean the same coaches who decided they didn't need pass routes and just had the receivers run to random spots on the field? You mean the same coaches that decided to just play a man short rather than dress a NI off the practice roster?

Can't imagine anyone who would question the legendary collection of coaches that were here for the past two years, can you?

ArgoRavi
02-28-2012, 12:52 AM
With all the changes, one question for me, aside from talent level, is how quickly both the offence and defence will jell as units. I am most concerned about the offensive line. Especially with the loss of Picard and probably the loss of 3 experienced O-liners, I think that this could be a weak point especially when teamwork is critical to this position.

Picard is the biggest loss on the o-line. The Argo were without both Robertson and Murphy for most of the second half of the season last year and Joe Eppele and Edawn Coughman filled in more than adequately IMO. The key is whether they can adequately replace Picard.

Will
02-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Picard is the biggest loss on the o-line. The Argo were without both Robertson and Murphy for most of the second half of the season last year and Joe Eppele and Edawn Coughman filled in more than adequately IMO. The key is whether they can adequately replace Picard.

Don't forget though that it remains to be seen whether Eppele and Coughman can do this over a full 18-game season.

ArgoGabe22
02-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Can't imagine anyone who would question the legendary collection of coaches that were here for the past two years, can you?

First of all that's Barker's decision and Barker is still our GM. Secondly as much as you guys hate Elizondo and co. they are professional coaches. I don't see you getting hired by the Argos or by any other football franchise/program. Unless you're a coach in disguise. Maybe that's where you get your sources from lol

Area 51
02-28-2012, 02:11 PM
First of all that's Barker's decision and Barker is still our GM. Secondly as much as you guys hate Elizondo and co. they are professional coaches. I don't see you getting hired by the Argos or by any other football franchise/program.

Are you trying to imply that "professional coaches" are above questioning by anyone? That only a "professional coach" would know when another "professional coach" is an incompetent screw up? That's one of the weakest arguements I've heard.

I'm not a chef or a food critic, but I the steak is overcooked or the chicken is raw I can say with confidence that the cook screwed up.

If I send over a painter to paint your living room and he misses a few spots on the wall and gets paint on the ceiling, would you not be able to say it's a garbage job unless you're a professional painter?

Nobody in their right mind would dispute that the Tennis Player was anything less than an abject failure as the OC. Was it really that difficult to realize Bart Andrus was a complete screw up? Or would you have to be a "professional coach" to recognize that?

ArgoGabe22
02-28-2012, 04:27 PM
That's one of the weakest arguements I've heard.

never mind please ignore/delete my reply

Area 51
02-28-2012, 09:10 PM

I feel confident that Coughman will be able to handle the LT spot, and play at a high level there. To me, he's an upgrade over Murphy - - not better than the 2006/07 version of Murphy, but for sure an improvement on the 2011 or 2012 version.

I thought Eppele showed pretty well as a starter last year. I'm not as sold on him as I am on Coughman at this point, but I think he'll be adequate at G. Picard was easily the biggest FA loss for Toronto. At this point I'd probably prefer moving Marcoux to C and letting Parenteau and Jonesy fill the other spot at G.

1argoholic
02-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Well now you have to also deal with these guys developing into a solid unit hopefully with few growing pains. Oh shite we'll see but I'm not expecting us to be a great team that's for sure.

Area 51
02-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Well now you have to also deal with these guys developing into a solid unit hopefully with few growing pains. Oh shite we'll see but I'm not expecting us to be a great team that's for sure.

I'm feeling pretty excited about this year's team. I guarantee they do better than the six wins they managed last year. Getting rid of the useless co-ordinators of last year and having Milanovich & Jones run the offence and defence is worth at least two extra wins. Have to factor in a minimum of two or three additional wins now that they have a QB with the upgrade to Ricky Ray from Chip Lemon.

I'm expecting something around 10-8 or 11-7. Definitely good enough to get into the playoffs with at least one home playoff game. There's no dominant team that you caould say has no major weaknesses or question marks. With such a wide open league up for grabs, this could be a championship year.

KCargosfan
02-29-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm feeling pretty excited about this year's team. I guarantee they do better than the six wins they managed last year. Getting rid of the useless co-ordinators of last year and having Milanovich & Jones run the offence and defence is worth at least two extra wins. Have to factor in a minimum of two or three additional wins now that they have a QB with the upgrade to Ricky Ray from Chip Lemon.

I'm expecting something around 10-8 or 11-7. Definitely good enough to get into the playoffs with at least one home playoff game. There's no dominant team that you caould say has no major weaknesses or question marks. With such a wide open league up for grabs, this could be a championship year.

I hope you're right on the 11-7 or 10-8. One concern I have is imo the East is stronger than the West with Montreal's offense, Peg's defense and Hamilton seemingly to have a good team. I'm also a little worried about our lines.

One reason the CFL is a great league to follow is the parity and the fact it feels like every team has a shot. Imo can't really say that about the NFL as a couple poor draft classes and one bad GM regime can set you back 3 or 4 years. Or having Tyler Palko as your main back-up QB can pretty much screw your season. No, I'm not a bitter Chiefs fan, haha.

AngeloV
02-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Or having Tyler Palko as your main back-up QB can pretty much screw your season. No, I'm not a bitter Chiefs fan, haha.

Bring back Bill Kenney or Steve Deberg!!!

Nob
02-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Or Casey Printers..............yikes!

KCargosfan
02-29-2012, 01:56 AM
haha, all the great Chefs qbs.

Area 51
02-29-2012, 01:58 AM
I hope you're right on the 11-7 or 10-8. One concern I have is imo the East is stronger than the West with Montreal's offense, Peg's defense and Hamilton seemingly to have a good team. I'm also a little worried about our lines.

One reason the CFL is a great league to follow is the parity and the fact it feels like every team has a shot. Imo can't really say that about the NFL as a couple poor draft classes and one bad GM regime can set you back 3 or 4 years. Or having Tyler Palko as your main back-up QB can pretty much screw your season. No, I'm not a bitter Chiefs fan, haha.

Winnipeg's in for a major downslide this year, that's why I feel so confident about Toronto's playoff chances. They've lost too much talent, especially NI talent which is the toughest to replace. On top of that they've brought in a couple really bad coaches - - Chip Garbage and Gary Crowton.

I don't know if Crennel's going to help the situation much next year. Pioli's destroying that franchise - - can't see Manning going there as long as that guy's running the show.

R.J
02-29-2012, 02:11 AM
I'd still put Toronto below MTL, Ham, and WPG at this point in the projection standings. Without question the East looks a lot stronger than the West, minus BC of course. Still way too many questions about the Argos D, how the offense will jell, our receiving core is also a bit of a problem IMO, and the Oline is not that impressive either.

Wobbler
02-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Nobody in their right mind would dispute that the Tennis Player was anything less than an abject failure as the OC.
Good grief. Elizondo was fired many months ago - I think it's too late to hope that your "witicism" will be appreciated.

Area 51
02-29-2012, 02:44 AM
Good grief. Elizondo was fired many months ago - I think it's too late to hope that your "witicism" will be appreciated.

He'll always be referred to as the Tennis Player by me. Were you sad to see him go?

I'd still put Toronto below MTL, Ham, and WPG at this point in the projection standings. Without question the East looks a lot stronger than the West, minus BC of course. Still way too many questions about the Argos D, how the offense will jell, our receiving core is also a bit of a problem IMO, and the Oline is not that impressive either.

I'm still concerned about the defence, but feeling confident in the receiving corp now - - especially with Ricky Ray and Milanovich in charge of things. Looks like Toronto is trying to get the same kind of big possession-type receivers like Montreal has in Richardson and Green.

Ballard 6'6"
Barnes 6'3"
Inman 6'3"
Fortson 6'3"

I'm thinking they'll run a similar style offence as Montreal has for the past few years.

ArgoRavi
02-29-2012, 02:56 AM
haha, all the great Chefs qbs.

That list is not complete without former Argo Tony Adams. Do you recall Adams as a Chief?

I too believe that Winnipeg is in for a fall this year. They were 4-8 after August last season and their 3-7 regular season record after August was the worst in the league. That team has a fair number of problems IMO.

Wobbler
02-29-2012, 03:02 AM
51: Well put. I was going to write "Your assessment is based on... the height of some of our pre-camp receiver candidates?" but then I remembered the plan.

Golf clap.

gilthethrill
02-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I too think Winnipeg is in for a fall. How about Hamilton? Yet again they spend big $$ on FA, but where has that got them in the past? Trade for ann aging qb who has seen his best days, sign a rb that has been out of the league for a couple seasons? The O-line was suspect. Sure they have Fantuz & a good young receiving core, but that secondary is weak & O.B.totally ignored that.

KCargosfan
03-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Winnipeg's in for a major downslide this year, that's why I feel so confident about Toronto's playoff chances. They've lost too much talent, especially NI talent which is the toughest to replace. On top of that they've brought in a couple really bad coaches - - Chip Garbage and Gary Crowton.

I don't know if Crennel's going to help the situation much next year. Pioli's destroying that franchise - - can't see Manning going there as long as that guy's running the show.

Can't say I understand what 'Peg did in free agency? That made little sense losing all those guys. I still think their defense will keep them in games, but I hope you are right in that they do take a dive.

Based on what was out there, I'm fine with the Crennel hire for the Chefs. Pioli has done a very poor job to date, but he has done a good job saving money for the Hunt family! (sarcasm)
I would not be surprised to see Manning come here because we just hired Jim Bob Cooter, whom he had a good relationship with in Indy and who is also another former Tennessee QB. The Chiefs are also WAAAYY under the cap and can throw a boatload of $$ at him. And in Vegas, heavy $$ has come in on him going to the Chiefs. According to one of the local radio guys, the odds have gone from 50-1 to 10-1.

There is also this: http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=266516

That list is not complete without former Argo Tony Adams. Do you recall Adams as a Chief?

Adams' time with the Chiefs was before I was born, so can't say that I do, but according to his stats he wasn't very good. How was he for the Argos?

Nob
03-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Adams was about he same for the Argos as he was for the Chiefs.

Adams was the QB for the Argos for the first game I ever went to. Down at the CNE. Good times. Darn good times.

argolio
03-01-2012, 01:44 AM
I would not be surprised to see Manning come here because we just hired Jim Bob Cooter, whom he had a good relationship with in Indy and who is also another former Tennessee QB.Jim Bob Cooter -- that should be inducted into the all-name hall of fame.

I probably saw Len Dawson play a time or two when I was a little kid but the first Chiefs QB I remember was Mike Livingston.

KCargosfan
03-01-2012, 02:19 AM
Jim Bob Cooter -- that should be inducted into the all-name hall of fame.

haha, agreed.

AngeloV
03-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Adams was the QB for the Argos for the first game I ever went to. Down at the CNE. Good times. Darn good times.

Me too, and I feel the same way. Darn Good times. There was such an electricity in the air going to games back then. I really miss getting on the streetcar at Bathurst station with all those diehards.

1argoholic
03-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Those were the days of ordering the big coke that came in a cardboard type container. Everyone around us used to just ask for a big mix. Man 90% of the folks back then were hammered and that was the days before booze was sold at stadiums.
I used to take the GO train in from Port Credit and it was real nuts when we were playing Hamilton. The ride home with CRAZY Hamilton fans was a trip. I remember one GO car being pretty much ripped to shreds one night. Those were the days of true HATE between the Argos and Ticats.
I guess Tony Adams wasn't memorable because when I think of an Adams it's Joe '747' Adams.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8