PDA

View Full Version : Ticats lose two Canadian starters

ArgoRavi
04-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Spencer Watt and Linden Gaydosh are both out of the lineup for the entire 2015 season due to achilles injuries: http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/5591500-gaydosh-watt-suffer-achilles-injuries-likely-out-for-the-season/

Wobbler
04-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Spectacularly bad luck. I was looking forward to playing against Watt, too; it would have been an interesting opportunity to see if we had been using him properly.

D-Gap-Willie
04-29-2015, 08:39 AM
Good luck to both of them for a full recovery, and I hope that the Ti-Cats takes care of them financially while rehabbing. Off season training injuries always leave you with financial concerns for the coming season.

AngeloV
04-29-2015, 09:38 AM
I feel for them both. I had surgery last May to repair a torn achilles, and I still am not at 100%.

On a side note, I wish one of the Toronto papers had a Drew Edwards working for them. The coverage the Cats get from him is remarkable.

1argoholic
04-29-2015, 12:04 PM
You hate to see guys playing such a tough sport go down with serious injuries at anytime but man, that is early to be hearing this type of news.

Argo57
04-29-2015, 07:11 PM
I feel for them both. I had surgery last May to repair a torn achilles, and I still am not at 100%.

On a side note, I wish one of the Toronto papers had a Drew Edwards working for them. The coverage the Cats get from him is remarkable.

Perhaps the toughest injury to recover from and simply function day to day(as you know Angelo) let alone recover and function again at the level of a pro athlete.

Argo57
04-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Good luck to both of them for a full recovery, and I hope that the Ti-Cats takes care of them financially while rehabbing. Off season training injuries always leave you with financial concerns for the coming season.

I've been told that the Ticats organization is perhaps the best in the CFL in regards to looking after their players (sign of a great owner).

7dj83r8f78t4alf8