PDA

View Full Version : Best song by Hall & Oates?

KCargosfan
02-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Thoughts. Mine would be "Say It Isn't So."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6tvX...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6tvXq6-Eak&feature=related)

argonaut11xx
02-28-2012, 08:05 AM
HMMM.....interesting question....

When my son was born in 1993, i had only 2 fears...first that he would grow up and want to be a figure skater...the thought horrified me.
The second and much worse fear was that my son would grow up and want to be a figure skater, who designed his own outfits...i am shaking just thinking about that.

So, there was never a "Hall and Oates" song played in our house...

HEHE.

KCargosfan
02-28-2012, 07:33 PM
HMMM.....interesting question....

When my son was born in 1993, i had only 2 fears...first that he would grow up and want to be a figure skater...the thought horrified me.
The second and much worse fear was that my son would grow up and want to be a figure skater, who designed his own outfits...i am shaking just thinking about that.

So, there was never a "Hall and Oates" song played in our house...

HEHE.

Hall & Oates aren't homosexuals if that's what you are insinuating.

Most figure skaters don't listen to Soul (at least I'm guessing), which is basically what Hall's voice is. Dude could have sang with the Temptations

argonaut11xx
02-29-2012, 07:13 AM
oh my...it was meant to be funny...

now if your talking "soul music"...Otis Redding, Joe Tex, Johnny Taylor, Jackie Wilson.....those guys are amazing...

and the Temptations are great...i love David Ruffin's voice

1argoholic
02-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Hall and Oats are CRAP!!!!!! I could care less if they are gay.

KCargosfan
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
oh my...it was meant to be funny...

now if your talking "soul music"...Otis Redding, Joe Tex, Johnny Taylor, Jackie Wilson.....those guys are amazing...

and the Temptations are great...i love David Ruffin's voice

Sorry, sometimes sarcasm is hard to catch on boards. Agreed, all those guys are awesome. Jackie Wilson may be the most underrated act from the 50s and 60s. "Baby Workout" is a great song.

argolio
03-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Didn't have strong feelings about them either way until Hall started getting stupid hairdos and thinking he could dance.

On the other hand, a lot of their stuff holds up pretty well compared to most of today's music.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8