PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bradwell Hangs Up Snowshoes

Rich
05-14-2015, 05:40 PM
I guess it's almost certain now that Coombs will take a WR position.

doubleblue
05-14-2015, 06:24 PM
I guess it's almost certain now that Coombs will take a WR position.

Now we know why Barker drafted those two WR's.

Argo57
05-14-2015, 09:05 PM
Pretty solid community guy, did everything the team asked him to do, showed up at my sons Flag football game last season (in Burlington) and joined our huddle to call some plays which thrilled the kids, CFL guys are top notch in that regard!!

Wobbler
05-14-2015, 10:53 PM
This is a surprise. Bradwell has been a useful guy, and he's still quite young.

jerrym
05-14-2015, 10:59 PM

I too am surprised because of his age. While hardly a great receiver, his blocking will definitely be missed.

OV Argo
05-14-2015, 11:01 PM

Yeah - but never had the confidence of the coaching staff to be given a lot of opportunity at receiver - still, did his job and contributed - capable receiver, good ST guy and wasn't he the holder last year?

Time for some new NI receivers to step-up - Adjei, Norzil, Bradfield ? (still nothing on Psczonzak being re-signed for another look?) - IMO probably only one NI as a regular in the receiving corps - Durie (backed-up by Coombs mostly? - and no Rich, can't see Coombs as a starting WR - guy is a RB by trade and a fit in the Durie role).

argolio
05-14-2015, 11:20 PM
Sorry to hear that. Great guy who never complained and always gave maximum effort.

Rich
05-15-2015, 12:45 AM
- and no Rich, can't see Coombs as a starting WR - guy is a RB by trade and a fit in the Durie role).

I can't really, either, but Jim Barker himself mentioned it as a possibility. But Coombs has too much talent to sit on the bench as a backup. Since Durie is so fragile maybe the two share the RB/SB position. Drafting Campbell gives them a lot more flexibility there.

As for WR I'm hoping for big things from Natey Adjei. I see his brother got drafted this week which has got to be more motivation to perform well. And Norzil might even see some playing time if he stays healthy and clean. I think the more important ? is who the INT WRs will be, especially after they purged four of them this week.

doubleblue
05-15-2015, 06:40 AM
I see Milanovich continuing what he did last year with Coombs. Work him into the game to give Durie a breather, some kick returns and it sounds like they are going to give him some reps at WR. I can see them going with three Canadians on the O Line (Holmes, Keeping and Van Zeyl) Durie at slot and Dupuis/ Robinson at the blocking FB/TE. Passing downs the WR's (Adjei or Coombs) come in for the FB's. If Coombs lights it up when he is in there he will get more playing time and he will have to prove he can stay healthy. But I'm like Rich. I am looking for bigger things this year from Natey Adjei.

jerrym
05-16-2015, 06:35 PM
I see Milanovich continuing what he did last year with Coombs. Work him into the game to give Durie a breather, some kick returns and it sounds like they are going to give him some reps at WR. I can see them going with three Canadians on the O Line (Holmes, Keeping and Van Zeyl) Durie at slot and Dupuis/ Robinson at the blocking FB/TE. Passing downs the WR's (Adjei or Coombs) come in for the FB's. If Coombs lights it up when he is in there he will get more playing time and he will have to prove he can stay healthy. But I'm like Rich. I am looking for bigger things this year from Natey Adjei.

I think Coombs will take on an increasing role, especially with Durie becoming 34 in July and increasingly susceptible to injury. Coombs could eventually replace Durie as the best YAC man in the league with his skills IMO. I also hope Adjei is worked into the lineup more as he showed promise in his brief appearances last year.

Wobbler
05-16-2015, 10:29 PM
We'll almost certainly be starting nine Nationals (five on O, four on D), so there is no pressure to use Coombs or Adjei.

Coombs was a first round pick in '14 and looked good last year; I'm pretty sure that we'll give him reps, whether he's spelling Durie at the Durie-back position, lined up wide, or backing up both positions.

Adjei faces a more difficult path. He was a third round pick in '13 and may have been projected as a possible Watt surrogate... but then we found some good NAT starters on D and have no obvious ratio concerns. He needs to be as good as our INT options at field WR and/or be strong on ST.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8