PDA

View Full Version : David Shoalts

argonaut11xx
05-21-2015, 11:29 AM
OK...im watching the Babcock presser, and David Shoalts asked a question about the Argo's....

hahahahaha

Im thinking the few hundred thousand Argofans may have sent an email or 2?....

Argofans are alive and well

AngeloV
05-21-2015, 12:19 PM
I sent one to him and copied in his editor, telling him how unprofessional and bush league that move was.

jerrym
05-21-2015, 02:53 PM
When an article starts with "Don’t you just feel for those poor old Toronto Argonauts?", you know you are going to get another dose of condescending gloating and arrogance typical of a significant part of the Toronto sports media. He continues on to make himself the centre of attention with "So some rude newspaper guy – okay, it was me – got up and asked Leiweke and Tanenbaum to comment on the Babcock hiring.", rather than the event. This isn't reporting. This is self-glorification. I also emailed Shoat and his editor about this.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/babcocks-hiring-steals-the-argos-thunder-anger-ensues/article24535314/

argolio
05-21-2015, 03:00 PM
And he's all proud about trying to make himself the story. What a clown!

ArgoRavi
05-21-2015, 04:02 PM
You only have to look at Shoalts' tweets yesterday to see how proud of himself he was. He also planned the Leaf/Babcock question in advance of going to the Argos press conference. On top of that, he and Arash Madani were both making fun of how Babcock's contract is worth more than what Tanenbaum/Bell paid for the Argos as well as being more than the salary cap for the Argos. I took this as them implying that Babcock and the Leafs/NHL are more important than the Argos/CFL because there is more money involved. This is coming from a guy who was the beat writer for the Argos/CFL in the Globe and Mail back in the 1990s.

Fumblitis
05-21-2015, 04:03 PM
I was listening to Bobcat one night when Elliot Freidman was a guest (I bring this up because Friedman used to be a sideline reporter for the CFL). With Sportsnet Freidman sending out the tweet in the first place, none of this surprises me. I can't remember the former Argo president that Bobcat has on, but anyways as the former Argo president was defending the Argo cause, Bobcat and Freidman were just pelting this guy with all kinds of slurs and little jabs at the Argos and the CFL and I remember just being disgusted with Elliot Freidman because of his links to the league when he was with CBC. Dave Randorf still supports the CFL so why do these media mental midgets have no balls and tow the company line?

ArgoRavi
05-21-2015, 04:05 PM
I was listening to Bobcat one night when Elliot Freidman was a guest (I bring this up because Friedman used to be a sideline reporter for the CFL). With Sportsnet Freidman sending out the tweet in the first place, none of this surprises me. I can't remember the former Argo president that Bobcat has on, but anyways as the former Argo president was defending the Argo cause, Bobcat and Freidman were just pelting this guy with all kinds of slurs and little jabs at the Argos and the CFL and I remember just being disgusted with Elliot Freidman because of his links to the league when he was with CBC. Dave Randorf still supports the CFL so why do these media mental midgets have no balls and tow the company line?

Former Argos president Brian Cooper is the guy that you are talking about who is often on McCown's show. Yeah, Friedman, Madani and Shoalts have all benefited from the CFL during their working lives and now show contempt for the league.

Fumblitis
05-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Former Argos president Brian Cooper is the guy that you are talking about who is often on McCown's show. Yeah, Friedman, Madani and Shoalts have all benefited from the CFL during their working lives and now show contempt for the league.Yes thanks Ravi I couldn't remember his name off the top of my head.

AngeloV
05-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Former Argos president Brian Cooper is the guy that you are talking about who is often on McCown's show. Yeah, Friedman, Madani and Shoalts have all benefited from the CFL during their working lives and now show contempt for the league.

Maybe they are all wannabe Don Matthews...who once proclaimed he was too big for Saskatchewan.

Will
05-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Dave Randorf isn't in a position where he is commenting on multiple sports so that is perhaps a possible explanation.

Fumblitis
05-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Maybe they are all wannabe Don Matthews...who once proclaimed he was too big for Saskatchewan.Or the season we beat Montreal at home with him at the helm and grabbed his D coordinator and said, "I don't lose in this park!"

Will
05-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Or the season we beat Montreal at home with him at the helm and grabbed his D coordinator and said, "I don't lose in this park!"

It must have been another team as the Alouettes were on their "hiatus" during Matthews' tenure as Riders head coach.

argonaut11xx
05-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Maybe they are all wannabe Don Matthews...who once proclaimed he was too big for Saskatchewan.

Hey Angelo, "The Don" is, was, and always will be the greatest coach.....and yea, at that point in his career, he probably was TOO BIG for Sask (in his mind).

BUT, please remember that when Flutie TOOK A PAY CUT, to play for the buffalo bills, "THE DON" was asked about considering the NFL, and he said something like, buffalo?, no, after Dallas or NY, Toronto is the best, biggest, etc. place to coach.

OK, back to this idiot reporter, and all the CFL bashers....i can say one thing for sure, THEY AINT MAKING RICKY RAY MONEY....funny how 40K a year folks bash the CFL players for making WAYYYY more than that, in 6 months or less????....

argotom
05-21-2015, 07:28 PM
I sent one to him and copied in his editor, telling him how unprofessional and bush league that move was.

Good on you for sending it, but you likely wasted your time since we all would be shocked if you got a reply.

doubleblue
05-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Shoats never came across as being the sharpest knife in the drawer IMO. What he did yesterday and today just confirmed that as far as I'm concerned.

What's that old saying. Better to be quiet and thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and confirm it.

Fumblitis
05-21-2015, 08:19 PM
It must have been another team as the Alouettes were on their "hiatus" during Matthews' tenure as Riders head coach.No this is when Matthews was coaching the Alouettes in the mid 2000's when they were playing us at Mosaic.

AngeloV
05-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Hey Angelo, "The Don" is, was, and always will be the greatest coach.....and yea, at that point in his career, he probably was TOO BIG for Sask (in his mind).

BUT, please remember that when Flutie TOOK A PAY CUT, to play for the buffalo bills, "THE DON" was asked about considering the NFL, and he said something like, buffalo?, no, after Dallas or NY, Toronto is the best, biggest, etc. place to coach.

OK, back to this idiot reporter, and all the CFL bashers....i can say one thing for sure, THEY AINT MAKING RICKY RAY MONEY....funny how 40K a year folks bash the CFL players for making WAYYYY more than that, in 6 months or less????....

I love the Don. It wasn't a shot at him.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8