PDA

View Full Version : Cory Boyd "lifestory" video

KCargosfan
02-27-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tbsnLZwh5U&feature=related

About 15 months old but still pretty powerful.

jerrym
02-27-2012, 11:46 PM
I love his guts in overcoming such odds. It shows on the field.

AngeloV
02-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks for posting KC. Still can't believe the crap he took on here from some of the posters last season.

1argoholic
02-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I remember that segment TSN ran in 2010. Have to admit I gave him some crap with his emotional outbursts but you can understand when you watch that. He also lost his best buddy as we can all remember. He commit suicide two years ago. Too much stuff for a young guy to deal with.
I just spent extra time looking at Boyd's Gamecock days. Man he's fun to watch.

KCargosfan
02-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks for posting KC. Still can't believe the crap he took on here from some of the posters last season.

Glad to do it. Me neither, that was some of the most ridiculous stuff ever on this board, and that's saying a lot. Unfortunately, we're likely to hear more of it.

OV Argo
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Glad to do it. Me neither, that was some of the most ridiculous stuff ever on this board, and that's saying a lot. Unfortunately, we're likely to hear more of it.

You'll have to refresh my memory on this one - were some Argo fans saying CB wasn't a good quality RB?

R.J
02-28-2012, 10:13 PM
You'll have to refresh my memory on this one - were some Argo fans saying CB wasn't a good quality RB?I'm curious as well, I don't recall anyone ripping into Boyd.

AngeloV
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
It's too bad the FOA site doesn't have any archives of the forum. Boyd was ripped large after the Saskatchewan home game last season because of his sideline incident with O'Shea. I also recall many posters wanting him traded at the deadline and Kackert starting in his place.

Will
02-28-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm curious as well, I don't recall anyone ripping into Boyd.

As Angelo says the proof is difficult to find because it isn't archived, but Boyd did take his fair share of lumps last year from some posters.

ArgoRavi
02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
I seem to recall some posters being concerned about Boyd because he had a subpar quarter or so in Winnipeg during the second preseason game.

1argoholic
02-29-2012, 12:14 AM
I ripped him a bit for acting all pissy and wondered about his emotional state. I wasn't the only one. You may have had plenty of crap in your life but you have to carry yourself a certain way as a professional. I do like Cory though.

KCargosfan
02-29-2012, 12:28 AM
It's too bad the FOA site doesn't have any archives of the forum. Boyd was ripped large after the Saskatchewan home game last season because of his sideline incident with O'Shea. I also recall many posters wanting him traded at the deadline and Kackert starting in his place.

AV nailed it.

paulwoods13
02-29-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm one of those who ripped him over the sideline incident and some of his tweets. I still believe he was wrong in both of those situations. I also suggested the Argos consider trading him to Wpg for Greg Carr, given that we had depth at RB and no depth whatsoever at WR. That said, I'm glad he stayed and I expect him to have a great season (and to demonstrate greater maturity) this year.

Will
02-29-2012, 07:38 AM
I seem to recall some posters being concerned about Boyd because he had a subpar quarter or so in Winnipeg during the second preseason game.

Yes, he and Owens had caught flak because of the limited time that they played during the pre-season.

KCargosfan
03-01-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm one of those who ripped him over the sideline incident and some of his tweets. I still believe he was wrong in both of those situations. I also suggested the Argos consider trading him to Wpg for Greg Carr, given that we had depth at RB and no depth whatsoever at WR. That said, I'm glad he stayed and I expect him to have a great season (and to demonstrate greater maturity) this year.

I don't recall you being one of the posters I am thinking of. Interesting that if we did trade Boyd for Carr we'd actually save $ on the cap. Just for the record, I am not in favor of that trade.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8