PDA

View Full Version : How many regular season games will the Argos win in 2015?

Wobbler
05-29-2015, 12:45 AM
It's tough to predict how good this team will be. Ray's readiness is questionable, our receiving corps and to a lesser extent the secondary will be overhauled, and we've got personnel and coaching changes all over the place.

So... what do you think?

I'm hopeful that our offense last year was seriously hampered by critical receiver injuries and that we'll be more fortunate this year. Our recruiting/drafting/trading seems to have brought in a lot of personnel to improve our OL and DL, and that should make the whole team better. 12-6!

Neely2005
05-29-2015, 07:47 AM
12 - 6.

Fumblitis
05-29-2015, 08:22 AM
8-10. Not to slag on you guys but with Trevor Harris growing pains and young receivers it might take while for this offence to gel. Unless Denny Creehan has grown from his previous gigs as a D coordinator the defence is a bit of a question mark.

gilthethrill
05-29-2015, 08:27 AM
8-10. Not to slag on you guys but with Trevor Harris growing pains and young receivers it might take while for this offence to gel.

We seem to hear the offence needs time to gel every year. Could be a tough start with the "Annual Crap 1st Half of the Season Roadtrip" to kick things off............

Fumblitis
05-29-2015, 08:39 AM
We seem to hear the offence needs time to gel every year. Could be a tough start with the "Annual Crap 1st Half of the Season Roadtrip" to kick things off............I don't know that the road trip intangible is there because the Argos over the last 10 years have probably been one of the best road teams in the league minus a couple hiccups last season.

Will
05-29-2015, 09:26 AM
I'm going to be the pessimist here. There are too many question marks at several positions to make me believe that this team can be a contender. The best-case scenario, obviously, is for one of the new receivers to become our next Dontrelle Inman or John Chiles. Selfishly, of course, Chiles not making it to the Bears unlike Inman who made the Chargers would be a nice mid-season boost if he chose to return to Toronto. Another, best-case is that some of the new guys in the secondary gel like the 2012 group managed to do towards the end of the season.

ArgoZ
05-29-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm thinking a rough start due to injuries, cohesion and schedule. A string of wins should end the year with that homestand. 9-9, possibly 10-8 season.

1argoholic
05-29-2015, 09:39 AM
I put 17-18 but that's in my greatest dreams.

I hope 7 or 8 in all reality. Too many unknowns yet again. I think next year will be the big improvement with guys wanting to stay and play at Argonaut Field at BMO.

I'd love to see us have the majority of the same players for at least two or three years. Since Grey Cup 100 we've have to learn to many new guys names each year. The turnover is staggering.

ArgoZ
05-29-2015, 10:08 AM
I'm going to be the pessimist here. There are too many question marks at several positions to make me believe that this team can be a contender. The best-case scenario, obviously, is for one of the new receivers to become our next Dontrelle Inman or John Chiles. Selfishly, of course, Chiles not making it to the Bears unlike Inman who made the Chargers would be a nice mid-season boost if he chose to return to Toronto. Another, best-case is that some of the new guys in the secondary gel like the 2012 group managed to do towards the end of the season.

I never thought Inman was that great. Good talent, but had too many drops. Then he makes the Chargers. People who think the CFL is for chumps are clueless. As a fan of both leagues, sometimes you can forget how good CFL players can be. The talent is out there, here's hoping they can find it.

AngeloV
05-29-2015, 12:28 PM
10-8

I never thought Inman was that great. Good talent, but had too many drops. Then he makes the Chargers. People who think the CFL is for chumps are clueless. As a fan of both leagues, sometimes you can forget how good CFL players can be. The talent is out there, here's hoping they can find it.

I don't seem to recall Inman dropping many passes at all. IMO, the only reason he didn't shine more was because the Argos used Owens and Durie a hell of a lot in their game plan.

Will
05-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Inman also missed some time to injury in both seasons. I believe he was on pace for 1000 yards in both.

Antwon
05-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Too many unknows, guessing 7-8 wins and hoping for more.
I really want to see how the offense runs this year. If it's the same as last year then 7 wins.
Injuries, poor receivers, Ray's shoulder may have been the reason for the play calling last year.
But another year of not establishing the run, and constantly throwing hitch screens and 3 yard passes will be a nightmare.
Hoping for a balanced attack and pushing the field deeper...but aren't we all:D

argolio
05-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Could be a long season, but the more Ray plays the more optimistic I'll be.

R.J
05-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Voted 6-8 Wins, however I do believe there's a chance that the Argos could win more than 10 easily, just too many unknown variables this season. Also considering that the team is starting off on the road against 5 tough teams doesn't make things easier.

Rocket
05-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Voted 6-8 Wins, however I do believe there's a chance that the Argos could win more than 10 easily, just too many unknown variables this season. Also considering that the team is starting off on the road against 5 tough teams doesn't make things easier.

7-11 it's going to be really tough this year especially with them 5 road games to start the season. That with the fact there are a lot of new unknown players to the team. I hope that they can find some new superstars on this team so the fans can follow them for the all important 1st season at bmo next year. With Andre durie and chad Owens not getting any younger it will be time to develop some new players. Let's also hope Ray can last for a few more years being healthy.

Tau Ceti
05-30-2015, 12:05 AM
7-11. Although we can all hope Harris turns out to be a road game gunslinger, a betting man would have to pick them starting about 1-4 and that will be tough to overcome. A great many unknowns receiving and on defence.

Will the east be tougher this year?

argolio
05-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Will the east be tougher this year?If Ottawa is better.

hugoagogo
05-30-2015, 07:49 PM
8-10

If Ray sits for any period of time, it's going to be an early hole. Combine that with the fact that most of the targets he will be throwing to are new to him - and that means a lot of adjustment for a touch QB like Ray.

I think Ottawa will be vastly improved and Montreal will have a better start than last year. Harris could be a pleasant surprise and change things, but it's going to be a tough start. Then again, the 2nd half of the season is always make or break. Argos have four home games to close out the schedule. Maybe things are gonna be okay after all...

HereComeTheIrish
05-31-2015, 08:33 PM
8 wins. Then 15 next year.

jerrym
06-01-2015, 02:17 PM
I don't know if Ray's state of health won't be the story of Question Mark and the Mysterians' greatest hit (96 Tears), but with the 5 games away road trip to start the season followed by a return to the Rogers Tomb, things could be difficult, especially with Harris almost certainly being the primary starter for so many inexperienced receivers and one proven RB (Steele who seemed to operate best when spelled by Slaton in and/or between games, perhaps because of his small size). I think Harris could turn into a fine QB but with so many inexperienced receivers and a brutal start to the schedule its asking a lot of him to initially be the first-string QB. On the other hand, if the Argos can initially overcome these handicaps they could have a reasonably successful season.

Jon Gonzo
06-01-2015, 02:55 PM
If this team can go 2-3 to start, then they have a chance, with a huge long homestand to get on a roll. Can't start like last year with penalties and fumbles though. You die on the road if you can't play ball control. Heck, you die period. If they start like last year, I can see them going 1-4 on the opening road trip, and 7 - 9 for 2015. If they get out of the gate as I hope, then I see a 10-8 season. I think best case, the Argo's battle the Als for home turf in the Playoffs (Hamilton gets the bye). Worst case, we can't beat Ottawa, and miss altogether.

Call it a hedge, but I do anticipate good line play this year with active linebacking. That will make the DB's look better right there assuming they can stay penalty free. The offence, to me, is a question mark with Harris in there.

Argo
06-01-2015, 03:03 PM
8 or 9 wins.

mchesher03
06-01-2015, 04:58 PM
I think .500 at seasons end is about where we end up. Love to see 10-8 but I think 9-9 is what we shoot for and better is great, less than 9 wins isn't ideal. Several question marks but I think that's the norm at this time of year across the CFL. Hopefully someone throws this post back in my face when we have a win total in the teens come November haha

D-Gap-Willie
06-01-2015, 11:27 PM
This team will struggle mightily to try to have a winning season, and with strong second half surge, they will almost get there.
3-6 in the first half of the season and 6-3 in the second half., for a 9-9 record.

Neely2005
06-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Well we got the first one.

ArgoRavi
06-28-2015, 01:50 PM
And now we go into Saskatchewan against a Rider team that is beaten up. Not only did they lose Durant last night but they lost three Canadians as well, including Shea Emry. This isn't a team deep in Canadian talent either. I also think that the Argos have a chance to exploit that Rider o-line next week.

gilthethrill
06-28-2015, 03:08 PM
More than one win.

Argo
06-29-2015, 04:03 PM
More than I thought not too long ago.

Neely2005
07-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Well we got the first one.

And the second one.

argonaut11xx
07-06-2015, 02:56 PM
I think the Argo's have a real shot at going 4-0.

BC doesnt look good, and if the Argo's sneak out a win in Calgary, who'd have thunk it????

Wobbler
07-06-2015, 04:42 PM
who'd have thunk it????
That would be 1argoholic, who predicted this legendary season-in-progress!

jerrym
07-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Based on the first two games of the year, I'm going to reclassify my guesstimate from 6-8 wins during the bleakest moments of the offseason to 9-11 and probably more on the 11 side. The Argos are still young and have weaknesses, especially against the pass due to some inexperience there, as well as a fair amount of inexperience among receivers, likely contributing to some losses. However, I think, generally speaking this team is talented, and therefore as it gains experience over the regular season, it could well be in great position to do well in the playoffs.

argotom
07-06-2015, 05:38 PM
After this great starts, all bet's are off.
Feast or famine. with the former looking good right about now.

Argo57
07-06-2015, 06:17 PM
After this great starts, all bet's are off.
Feast or famine. with the former looking good right about now.

Way too early to tell.

Neely2005
07-26-2015, 12:21 AM
And the second one.

That's 3.

Neely2005
08-21-2015, 07:51 AM
That's 3.

And 4 and 5...
:)

Will
08-21-2015, 09:52 AM
They are one win away from the lower end (6) of the range that I picked.

Knock on wood.

Neely2005
08-24-2015, 09:56 PM
And 4 and 5...
:)

Wobbler
10-12-2015, 10:11 PM
argofan87, GreyDragon, HereComeTheIrish, hugoagogo, jerrym, SnowRogue, and Tau Ceti?

You're all wrong.

Will
10-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Yep, pleased to be wrong on this one.

1argoholic
10-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Man not many of us picked this team to win like they've been doing. We could win 12. If we can beat Calgary I say we have a chance at 12. That by far exceeds my expectations. Hell 9 is already two or three more then I thought. Even with the sched, Braley new players, penalty issues etc I guess once again Barker and the whole very small Argonaut organization all deserve plenty of credit up until now.

Will
10-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Man not many of us picked this team to win like they've been doing. We could win 12. If we can beat Calgary I say we have a chance at 12. That by far exceeds my expectations. Hell 9 is already two or three more then I thought. Even with the sched, Braley new players, penalty issues etc I guess once again Barker and the whole very small Argonaut organization all deserve plenty of credit up until now.

You picked them to win 17-18 :)

1argoholic
10-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Originally I said something like 5 to 7. Hey I'm happy.

Will
10-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Originally I said something like 5 to 7. Hey I'm happy.

I'm just teasing. I am very pleased to be wrong in this poll too.

Wobbler
11-08-2015, 02:58 PM
I was a bit too optimistic (i.e. WRONG) about our performance this year, but we had a legitimate shot at 12 wins and it has been a fun season to watch. The double-overtime game against Saskatchewan back in July was one of my favourite Argo games ever.

AngeloV
11-08-2015, 05:08 PM
I was right on the mark. Do I get a prize?

R.J
11-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I was right on the mark. Do I get a prize?
1,000,000 internet points I think is in order.

AngeloV
11-08-2015, 05:12 PM
1,000,000 internet points I think is in order.

I guess I can redeem them at Comic Con?

R.J
11-08-2015, 05:14 PM
I guess I can redeem them at Comic Con?
Montreal fan expo I believe, would be nicer if it was the San Diego comic con.

AngeloV
11-08-2015, 05:17 PM
Montreal fan expo I believe, would be nicer if it was the San Diego comic con.

Yeah, I've heard about the "scenery" in San Diego. That would be cool.

R.J
11-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I've heard about the "scenery" in San Diego. That would be cool.
https://media.giphy.com/media/vgUFOWBwBkziE/giphy.gif

Side note, I wonder how many would have predicted Ottawa not only winning the East, but with a 12-6 record to boot.

AngeloV
11-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Side note, I wonder how many would have predicted Ottawa not only winning the East, but with a 12-6 record to boot.

They only lost to 3 teams in the league this year. Should the Argos and Calgary win, the only teams remaining along with Ottawa would be the 3 teams they lost to.

R.J
11-08-2015, 05:37 PM
They only lost to 3 teams in the league this year. Should the Argos and Calgary win, the only teams remaining along with Ottawa would be the 3 teams they lost to.
Completely forgot about that.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8