PDA

View Full Version : Riders 2.2 mill profit

Fumblitis
06-04-2015, 07:51 AM
http://www.leaderpost.com/touch/news/regina/Roughriders+gross++42+4M+in+revenues+in+2014/15/11105524/story.html?rel=815153
Not quite as high as Winnipeg but shows how much momentum the league is gaining as a whole

Tau Ceti
06-04-2015, 10:05 PM
More impressive than the amount is the fact that they've done it for eight straight years. How much did they make in their Grey Cup year? Around $10 million if I remember correctly. I know they're not leaving community hands any time soon, but it would be fascinating to see a team valuation for the Riders. On a good day I expect they could fetch $40 million.

It does show momentum for the league as a whole but there always seems to be a fire brewing somewhere. Hamilton will make money this year and (fingers-crossed) Toronto could be there next but I wonder about Montreal. Here's a question: when was the last year EVERY CFL team was profitable? 1970ish?

ArgoRavi
06-05-2015, 04:12 AM
More impressive than the amount is the fact that they've done it for eight straight years. How much did they make in their Grey Cup year? Around $10 million if I remember correctly. I know they're not leaving community hands any time soon, but it would be fascinating to see a team valuation for the Riders. On a good day I expect they could fetch $40 million.

It does show momentum for the league as a whole but there always seems to be a fire brewing somewhere. Hamilton will make money this year and (fingers-crossed) Toronto could be there next but I wonder about Montreal. Here's a question: when was the last year EVERY CFL team was profitable? 1970ish?

I doubt it ever happened in the 1970s either. Even if we look at 1970, the Als would have lost a lot of money that season as they didn't draw very well back then.

Fumblitis
06-05-2015, 10:47 AM
The NHL/MLB is notorious for having fires to put out as well (Florida, Arizona)/(the Jays) respectively. So I'm not sure why a CFL team or two struggling is so magnified when it happens in pro sports so frequently.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8