PDA

View Full Version : Barker and Milanovich Sign Three Year Contract Extension

Argo
06-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Good news. One article also mentioned that Barker now has the mandate to sign Ray to another contract.

Let's hope this does not occur. Due to aging and given injuries, it's quite necessary to complete the turning of the page at QB and apply any resultant surplus in $ elsewhere.

The Als' enduring woes provide a textbook case of the problem with the superannuated quarterback, not to mention the futility all 'round of leaving Harris and the other young guns holstered for another couple of years.

paulwoods13
06-22-2015, 01:29 PM
The Als' "enduring woes"? Did they not fall just short of making the Grey Cup last season?

I'll take whatever QB gives us best chance to win the next few seasons. If it's RR, I am good with that. Hard to believe it won't be RR if he is healthy.

AngeloV
06-22-2015, 01:52 PM
I don't know why anyone would be against a Ray re-signing. If it is ever determined he has lost it, you cut him. All you may lose is a signing bonus.

Argo
06-22-2015, 02:33 PM
I have no axe to grind, and this is not a torch I intend to carry aloft with further posting (which would be redundant and become tedious). Now, it's certainly possible to argue against my position, nevertheless it does consider negative aspects going forward that should be considered.

If the team can win with Harris, then Ray represents an older QB, a higher salary, and in point of fact, an impediment to the career development of younger QBs that the team has invested in (one of whom is already playing quite well elsewhere).

If the team can win with Harris, then Harris is sufficient and Ray is not necessary. There are constraints on money and roster, after all.

R.J
06-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Good move by TanenBELL to lock these guys up now. While I'm still not completely sold on Milanovich, I can't knock how loyal he's been to the Argonauts. Barker IMO is one of the better gms in the CFL, not quite Huff level, but a solid GM who has an eye for talent. New ownership throwing it's weight around already should be considered a good sign.

Any word on if Lastman will be the guy managing the franchise ? I know he's the Alt Governor, but he seems to be pretty involved with the team so far. Ex. spoke to the team first day of training camp and has been quoted a few times in some articles the past couple of months.

Ron
06-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Two ways to view this.

1. If the new owners signed off on this ... then we don't need to worry about any gutting.

2. If the new owners had no input into this. Then it's Braley rewarding the loyalty of Barker and Milo by guaranteeing them money.

1argoholic
06-22-2015, 03:39 PM
GREAT move and now we finally have stability and the ability to grow this team already.

Ray should be signed and if he starts to slow he could be a great help as a backup. I'm not ready to call Ray a backup. He has plenty of game left if his shoulder heals well.

R.J
06-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Barker: I'm excited as can be about our future
http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/111525

Milanovich: I'm excited to be apart of this
http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/111531

Argo57
06-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Great news on both fronts, both guys have performed admirably under trying circumstances without complaint and should be rewarded as such.
I already like the direction this franchise is taking since the ownership announcement!

ArgoRavi
06-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Two ways to view this.

1. If the new owners signed off on this ... then we don't need to worry about any gutting.

2. If the new owners had no input into this. Then it's Braley rewarding the loyalty of Barker and Milo by guaranteeing them money.

All of the media reports I have seen indicate that it is the new ownership that has signed off on this.

Argo57
06-22-2015, 06:37 PM
All of the media reports I have seen indicate that it is the new ownership that has signed off on this.

I'm sure they would have to sign off on this one as the extension will take effect at or around the time of transition.

Johno27
06-22-2015, 07:06 PM
When you consider the tidal wave of anxiety that has dominated the Argonaut scene for so long, where everything seemed to be hanging in the balance, it would appear we have come full circle with this announcement: along with committed, sustainable ownership, as well as a suitable venue, we have secured competent management and coaching with a proven track record. A far cry from the uncertainty of just a few short months ago! Notwithstanding the emerging debate about who will quarterback the team in the near future (which merits its own thread) I can only feel a sense of gratitude that this precious organization will continue not only to survive, but also to thrive perhaps in ways we never could have imagined.

argotom
06-22-2015, 07:07 PM
I have no axe to grind, and this is not a torch I intend to carry aloft with further posting (which would be redundant and become tedious). Now, it's certainly possible to argue against my position, nevertheless it does consider negative aspects going forward that should be considered.

If the team can win with Harris, then Ray represents an older QB, a higher salary, and in point of fact, an impediment to the career development of younger QBs that the team has invested in (one of whom is already playing quite well elsewhere).

If the team can win with Harris, then Harris is sufficient and Ray is not necessary. There are constraints on money and roster, after all.

I agree with you.
A 36 year old QB with a litany of injuries the last few years plus diminishing skills is not a recepy for a long term cpontrct.
If I had it my way (que the regular naysayers on this board) I would have traded RR a few years back and would have gone with Zack and Harris as the future.
Look what happened with the RedBlacks as they have gone with Henry whose best before date has long passed.

AngeloV
06-22-2015, 08:02 PM
I agree with you.
A 36 year old QB with a litany of injuries the last few years plus diminishing skills is not a recepy for a long term cpontrct.
If I had it my way (que the regular naysayers on this board) I would have traded RR a few years back and would have gone with Zack and Harris as the future.
Look what happened with the RedBlacks as they have gone with Henry whose best before date has long passed.

Yeah...and the Argos really struggled in 2004 and 2005 with a 40+ year old Damon Allen.

Argo57
06-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Yeah...and the Argos really struggled in 2004 and 2005 with a 40+ year old Damon Allen.

Hopefully Ray returns at his previous level, the big question is how much salary will he command and what is the teams salary threshold for him.
Ray seems like an honest guy who would be forthright with Barker and Milanovich as to how he feels and what he can contribute.
Looking (hopefully far enough down the road) Ray is the type of guy you would hope to see as a coach and or mentor for our up and coming QB's.

KCargosfan
06-22-2015, 08:46 PM
It really is quite remarkable how some people are ready to ditch arguably the best player in the league due to an injury. Calvillo was still damn good at 39. I think RR still has a lot left in the tank assuming his shoulder heals.

Argo57
06-22-2015, 09:02 PM
It really is quite remarkable how some people are ready to ditch arguably the best player in the league due to an injury. Calvillo was still damn good at 39. I think RR still has a lot left in the tank assuming his shoulder heals.

Surely the Argonauts will afford Ray every opportunity to return at his previous level but the last part of your statement is key "assuming his shoulder heals" which is far from a sure thing given the pounding these guys take on a regular basis.
No doubt the organization would love him around for another 2-3 years but given the events of the last couple of seasons it would be foolhardy to ignore the facts and simply hope he returns as before.
I say keep looking to upgrade our young QB pipeline as if he won't be back and if he does return even close to the previous level then it is a huge bonus.

R.J
06-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Two ways to view this.

According to Jim Barker, the deals were done with the new ownership group.

AngeloV
06-22-2015, 09:19 PM
According to Jim Barker, the deals were done with the new ownership group.

There goes Ron's feel good Braley story.

argotom
06-22-2015, 09:37 PM

I don't recall AC having shoulder problems during his last few years, concussions yes.
Either way, at such an age and well passed the best before date a team that gambles with aging QB's is only one hit away from disaster.
In addition and here is the key, going with the status quo prevents teams from turning the page and developing youth.

doubleblue
06-22-2015, 09:58 PM
AC had the good fortune of having two of the best pass blocking Tackles around protecting him. I don't think Van Zeyl is quite in their league. He's pretty good but does get beat. Campbell could be a real find at LT from what I've seen so far. A big RB could help as well instead of these pony backs the Argos keep bringing in. Maybe Dupuis can get the blocking job done somwhat at FB, he's a big tough kid and Kackert and/or Whittaker are proven RB's with some pass blocking experience. Steele is a good ST's guy but ordinary RB IMO.

ArgoZ
06-22-2015, 10:04 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Ricky Ray for helping us win Grey Cup 2012!
FYI, Tom Brady, regarded as the best QB in the world, is 37.

argolio
06-22-2015, 10:11 PM
I agree with you.
Look what happened with the RedBlacks as they have gone with Henry whose best before date has long passed.Long-term contracts in football mean next to nothing.

There goes Ron's feel good Braley story.....again.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Ricky Ray for helping us win Grey Cup 2012!
FYI, Tom Brady, regarded as the best QB in the world, is 37.Yeah, but he cheats. :D

I don't recall AC having shoulder problems during his last few years, concussions yes.
Either way, at such an age and well passed the best before date a team that gambles with aging QB's is only one hit away from disaster.
In addition and here is the key, going with the status quo prevents teams from turning the page and developing youth.We're going to start a QB we spent three years developing. By your reasoning, he shouldn't even exist.

Ray's stats clearly don't show a player in decline.

As for injuries, I'll take a guy with shoulder issues over concussions any day of the week.

KCargosfan
06-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Not to mention a long-term contract on the injured list costs nothing against the salary cap.

AT, no one is saying don't try and develop younger quarterbacks, but casting aside a Hall of Famer who may have 3 years left would be foolish.

argonaut11xx
06-22-2015, 10:32 PM
casting aside a Hall of Famer who may have 3 years left would be foolish.

smartest comment in this thread

A healthy Ricky Ray is the BEST QB is the CFL by a country mile....

"Issues"Mcgee
06-22-2015, 11:48 PM
I can't believe people would even have a fevered nightmare about getting rid of Ricky Ray. The man is the ultimate hero in this city. The messiah. IF he heals up and he wants to give it a go, let the man do it. He more than earned it. How classless would we look as an organization if we denied the man a return because Trevor Harris puts a few wins together? Trevor "I got leap-frogged by Collaros" Harris?! You can't just cut a hall-of-famer who had amazing stats last season. That's blasphemy.

D-Gap-Willie
06-23-2015, 04:17 AM
If you have any doubt that these 3-year contracts were initiated and supported by BellBaum, take a good look at the announcement in argonauts.ca. If you think that announcement was written by any of the remaining skeleton staff on King Street, you are quite mistaken. That is a fully crafted PR press release statement.

argotom
06-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Not to mention a long-term contract on the injured list costs nothing against the salary cap.

AT, no one is saying don't try and develop younger quarterbacks, but casting aside a Hall of Famer who may have 3 years left would be foolish.

KC, certainly the Esks had no problem trading Ricky to us in 2012.
Let's review.
Ultimately this move resulted in that team signing FA Mike Reilly and few should argue how the Esks are a better team with Reilly around then had they not made the deal.
After the great 2012 season, Ricky had injuries in 13 which forced us to use Zack, who came out as a legitimate first stringer.
The Cats had no problem letting Henry go when it was evident he was done and in comes Zack.
Had we traded Ricky just like the Esks, after the 13 season, there is evidence how either the Peg or Ottawa would have given up likely a first round pick.
We would have signed Zack and for me there is no question the team would have been in better shape with Collaros as the first stringer and Harris as back up.

Neely2005
06-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Let's review.
Ultimately this move resulted in that team signing FA Mike Reilly and few should argue how the Esks are a better team with Reilly around then had they not made the deal.
After the great 2012 season, Ricky had injuries in 13 which forced us to use Zack, who came out as a legitimate first stringer.
The Cats had no problem letting Henry go when it was evident he was done and in comes Zack.
Had we traded Ricky just like the Esks, after the 13 season, there is evidence how either the Peg or Ottawa would have given up likely a first round pick.
We would have signed Zack and for me there is no question the team would have been in better shape with Collaros as the first stringer and Harris as back up.

And the over rating of ZC continues. He's a good quarterback who still has a Lot to prove.

argotom
06-23-2015, 11:48 AM
And the over rating of ZC continues. He's a good quarterback who still has a Lot to prove.

Your definition of being overrated.
All I know is what he did with us in a part time role.
So much so the Hammer decided to sign him and make him the first stringer.
More important he took the Cats to the GC last year and came close with a last minute call short of winning it.
Let's see what he does this year and ultimately compare with Ricky's year.
Plus of course, he has some 10 years in age difference.

Argo
06-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Barker's lengthy interview at argonauts.ca is quite interesting. Our GM discusses the topics of Harris, Ray, and Harris / Ray in a reasonable and realistic fashion.

AngeloV
06-23-2015, 01:31 PM
Let's review.

So the Ti Cats knew that Burris was done immediately after he led them to a Grey Cup appearance? And because Ottawa may have had the worst receiving core in the history of the CFL, this proves to be fact in your world? SMH!!

More important he took the Cats to the GC last year and came close with a last minute call short of winning it.

I believe he is going to be a very good QB, but the same thing that took the Cats to the Cup last year is what kept them close in that game...special teams and defence. The Cats offence was pretty bad last year. And if Burris was washed up for taking the Cats to the cup game the year before, does that mean that ZC is washed up now?

gilthethrill
06-23-2015, 02:15 PM
Great to see Barker and Milanovich extended. Solid, local ownership will help make the Argos a cornerstone franchise once again.

argotom
06-23-2015, 03:17 PM
So the Ti Cats knew that Burris was done immediately after he led them to a Grey Cup appearance? And because Ottawa may have had the worst receiving core in the history of the CFL, this proves to be fact in your world? SMH!!

I believe he is going to be a very good QB, but the same thing that took the Cats to the Cup last year is what kept them close in that game...special teams and defence. The Cats offence was pretty bad last year. And if Burris was washed up for taking the Cats to the cup game the year before, does that mean that ZC is washed up now?

Obviously Austin and his staff thought highly enough of ZC to sign him and put all their eggs in the one basket.
What about the Esks, you conveniently avoid that.
I am not knocking RR, he is an all star and no doubt will enter the hall.
I hope he has more years left in the body.
When age plus injuries crop up and especially the latest 6 weeks DL, it does not bode well.
Even Barker now is stating as per the report in the Sun today they will have to evaluate the future with or without him.

AngeloV
06-23-2015, 03:28 PM

Well, now that you brought it up. they went 7-11 and 4-14 in the first 2 years after they traded RR, and it cost the guy that made the deal his job. So, yeah, that was not a smart move on their part. Any other ways in which you would like me to prove you wrong?

argonaut11xx
06-23-2015, 03:30 PM
As an Argofan, I look at it this way.

Ricky Ray has won a Grey Cup as a starter, since being acquired by the Argo's

Zac has lost a Grey Cup as a starter, since being acquired by the pussy-cats

YEP...Zac has a longer shelf life, but in the next 2-3 years, Ricky Ray has a better chance of winning a Grey Cup (assuming both QB''s are healthy)

argotom
06-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Well, now that you brought it up. they went 7-11 and 4-14 in the first 2 years after they traded RR, and it cost the guy that made the deal his job. So, yeah, that was not a smart move on their part. Any other ways in which you would like me to prove you wrong?

I didn't realize you were the authority here on wrong and right!
Your attempts at bully tactics will not work as you constantly fail to accept opinions contrary to yours.

AngeloV
06-23-2015, 03:44 PM
I didn't realize you were the authority here on wrong and right!
Your attempts at bully tactics will not work as you constantly fail to accept opinions contrary to yours.

It's actually more of a humour tactic than a bully tactic. I don't believe I have ever theatened anyone in my life. Most others seem to get it.

Besides you challenged me to respond, and I did.

Argo57
06-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Obviously Austin and his staff thought highly enough of ZC to sign him and put all their eggs in the one basket.
I am not knocking RR, he is an all star and no doubt will enter the hall.
I hope he has more years left in the body.
When age plus injuries crop up and especially the latest 6 weeks DL, it does not bode well.
Even Barker now is stating as per the report in the Sun today they will have to evaluate the future with or without him.

The Argos would have looked idiotic in dumping Ray after the 2012 World Championship and even 2013, last season as it turns out he was playing hurt for much of the season still at a high level.
Argonauts were in a no win scenario with Collaros who wouldn't backup Ray for another season.
I'm not sure what is in store for Ray this season, Harris may develop into a solid CFL QB as well.
Explain exactly what the Eskimos have done in the recent past???

argotom
06-23-2015, 05:50 PM
The Argos would have looked idiotic in dumping Ray after the 2012 World Championship and even 2013, last season as it turns out he was playing hurt for much of the season still at a high level.
Argonauts were in a no win scenario with Collaros who wouldn't backup Ray for another season.
I'm not sure what is in store for Ray this season, Harris may develop into a solid CFL QB as well.
Explain exactly what the Eskimos have done in the recent past???

The same thing can be said about the Argos since winning the GC.

ArgoZ
06-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Hey guys. I'll post more of my thoughts on the QB situation soon, but first give me some more time to beat this dead horse over here.

Ugh, (kick), take that! Hiya! Judo Chop!

Argo57
06-23-2015, 07:19 PM
The same thing can be said about the Argos since winning the GC.

Uhhhhhhh well stated Tom got me there.......I guess??

AngeloV
06-23-2015, 07:23 PM
Hey guys. I'll post more of my thoughts on the QB situation soon, but first give me some more time to beat this dead horse over here.

Ugh, (kick), take that! Hiya! Judo Chop!

Hope I'm not dating myself, but...Sounds like a Happy Days reference when Joannie and Richie took judo lessons and she flipped him during class, she flipped him after class...she flipped him all the way home.

argolio
06-24-2015, 12:04 AM
The same thing can be said about the Argos since winning the GC.You mean the Eskimos also had part of their practice facility go up in flames, and had less and less money to spend each year? Poor Edmonton!

jerrym
06-24-2015, 02:29 AM
While 3-year contracts are hardly carved in stone, having Barker and Milanovich extended is better than not having them extended.

Argo57
06-24-2015, 07:58 AM
You mean the Eskimos also had part of their practice facility go up in flames, and had less and less money to spend each year? Poor Edmonton!

Oh yeah, and won the Grey Cup!!!

argotom
06-24-2015, 09:06 AM
You mean the Eskimos also had part of their practice facility go up in flames, and had less and less money to spend each year? Poor Edmonton!

We are not talking about the quality of the business side here, as clearly the Argos are/were the worst.
Thankfully this has started to change.

KCargosfan
06-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Let's review.

1. The Esks were morons for trading Ray and it set their franchise back at least 3 years. Since the trade, they have done jack squat.

2. Reilly has had one better than average year. I'm not ready to put him in the same league with Ray, Durant, etc.

3. The TiCats gambled by letting Burris go and taking on ZC, more than likely because Austin and Burris butted heads and because Burris has a sky-high salary. As AV said, last year's Hamilton's offense was not very impressive. And Burris played with a horrid offensive line and crappy receivers in Ottawa.

4. The book is still out on Collaros.

jerrym
06-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Let's review.

You seem to be forgetting that both Zack and Reilly have missed significant time due to injuries. In modern football, most qbs lose a fair amount of playing time due to injuries. Not even youth and good health guarantee avoiding this problem. You also may of heard of a couple of qbs, named Allen and Calvillo, who many were thought washed up in their mid 30s or even later, in part due to injuries or illness, who went on to have some success in the league. Obviously, age does increase injury risk, but there are no guarantees at any age of avoiding a career-ending or limiting injury. Under those circumstances, I'd prefer a future Hall of Famer over those with a limited degree of success.

Argo57
06-25-2015, 06:35 PM
1. The Esks were morons for trading Ray and it set their franchise back at least 3 years. Since the trade, they have done jack squat.

2. Reilly has had one better than average year. I'm not ready to put him in the same league with Ray, Durant, etc.

3. The TiCats gambled by letting Burris go and taking on ZC, more than likely because Austin and Burris butted heads and because Burris has a sky-high salary. As AV said, last year's Hamilton's offense was not very impressive. And Burris played with a horrid offensive line and crappy receivers in Ottawa.

4. The book is still out on Collaros.

Agree with what you have said except I do think Collaros is the real deal, based on what he previously showed in Toronto and how he performed down the stretch last season when he returned from injury.

doubleblue
06-26-2015, 08:06 AM
The timing was bad for the Argos and Collaros. A couple of years earlier (before Ricky) or later and he probably would have been a long time Argo QB. He could see the playing time wasn't going to be great behind Ricky Ray in the immediate future and jumped ship. The Argos liked to say Collaros and Harris were 1 and 1A as back ups, but obviously Zack would have been The Guy minus Ricky. Hopefully Harris can now succeed and be able to gradually take over from Ricky in a couple of years. I can see him getting more playing time even when Ricky comes back, IF he plays well in the next 4, 5 or 6 games.

argotom
06-26-2015, 12:41 PM
The timing was bad for the Argos and Collaros. A couple of years earlier (before Ricky) or later and he probably would have been a long time Argo QB. He could see the playing time wasn't going to be great behind Ricky Ray in the immediate future and jumped ship. The Argos liked to say Collaros and Harris were 1 and 1A as back ups, but obviously Zack would have been The Guy minus Ricky. Hopefully Harris can now succeed and be able to gradually take over from Ricky in a couple of years. I can see him getting more playing time even when Ricky comes back, IF he plays well in the next 4, 5 or 6 games.

We can definitely say and there are only a few here that are honest enough to admit how Zach is the one that got away.
What a shame, our own true tried developed QB.
I see he was rated 11th best in the TSN Top 50.

AngeloV
06-26-2015, 01:26 PM
We can definitely say and there are only a few here that are honest enough to admit how Zach is the one that got away.
What a shame, our own true tried developed QB.
I see he was rated 11th best in the TSN Top 50.

I don't think anyone disputes that Collaros is likely going to be a great QB. What we are disputing is the notion that they should have dumped Ray to allow him to be the starter. Only fools (Eric Tillman) get rid of proven, great players for players that have potential, but are still relatively unproven.

ArgoZ
06-26-2015, 02:05 PM

BOOM, this^^

It didn't work out. We must move on. It WAS the right decision. We just hate hearing the same old thing, over and over, how Collaros shoulda, coulda, woulda been our savior. He's a good QB, but let's move on once and for all. If Zack gives someone that big of a boner, then they might as well go down the highway and follow the Cats. That's best for everyone.

argotom
06-26-2015, 02:34 PM
I don't think anyone disputes that Collaros is likely going to be a great QB. What we are disputing is the notion that they should have dumped Ray to allow him to be the starter. Only fools (Eric Tillman) get rid of proven, great players for players that have potential, but are still relatively unproven.

Again you are making a derogatory statement based on your opinion.
With your so called logic, I can then say only fools keep an aging QB whose best before date has/is expiring at the expense of an up and coming potential super star 10 years his junior.
A few of us only on this board said how Zach was a keeper and RR should be traded while he has some marketability then to either the Peg or new Ottawa franchise.
What a mistake, that may set back the franchise for years if Harris does not step up.
Similarly, Harris is not in Zach's league.

argotom
06-26-2015, 03:01 PM
BOOM, this^^

I'd didn't work out. We must move on. It WAS the right decision. We just hate hearing the same old thing, over and over, how Collaros shoulda, coulda, woulda been our savior. He's a good QB, but let's move on once and for all. If Zack gives someone that big of a boner, then they might as well go down the highway and follow the Cats. That's best for everyone.

That's ridiculous for you to say that, frankly classes from the Angelo school no doubt.
This issue and yes I bring it up on occasions now during this period of instability in the QB position and especially when Ricky is hurt and frankly his future is uncertain.

ArgoRavi
06-26-2015, 03:43 PM

Harris may turn out be in a higher league than Zach, the same league or in a lower one. It is way too early to make any conclusions about that IMO.

AngeloV
06-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Again you are making a derogatory statement based on your opinion.
With your so called logic, I can then say only fools keep an aging QB whose best before date has/is expiring at the expense of an up and coming potential super star 10 years his junior.
A few of us only on this board said how Zach was a keeper and RR should be traded while he has some marketability then to either the Peg or new Ottawa franchise.
What a mistake, that may set back the franchise for years if Harris does not step up.

I give up. I don't know why I even bother arguing with someone that contradicts himself as often as you do.

You always complain that I make derogatory comments, and then you respond to someone else's response with this:

That's ridiculous for you to say that, frankly classes from the Angelo school no doubt.
This issue and yes I bring it up on occasions now during this period of instability in the QB position and especially when Ricky is hurt and frankly his future is uncertain.

So if someone disagrees with you, you just decide to call his opinion ridiculous and throw in an extra jab at me.

Pot..meet kettle.

With your so called logic, I can then say only fools keep an aging QB whose best before date has/is expiring at the expense of an up and coming potential

So I take it you were all for not re-signing Matt Dunigan in '92 and going with Ricky Foggie?

ArgoZ
06-26-2015, 04:42 PM

Look up your posts. It's all you ever talk about! Well, post Cleo Lemon. That's the point, STOP, we get it! Our backup is getting a chance to play. Let Collaros go man, and if you can't, buzz off to the Hammer. Everything is going to be alllllriggggght.

Rich
06-27-2015, 01:56 AM
It didn't work out. We must move on. It WAS the right decision. We just hate hearing the same old thing, over and over, how Collaros shoulda, coulda, woulda been our savior. He's a good QB, but let's move on once and for all. If Zack gives someone that big of a boner, then they might as well go down the highway and follow the Cats. That's best for everyone.

Not so fast, my friend.

If Hamilton's QB'ing is better than ours -- this year and next year-- then any reasonable person would conclude that it was the wrong decision.

Of course it's over and done with, and all the crying isn't going to bring him back. But it's not that easy to ignore. He's the QB of the fricken TiCats. From here on out our quarterbacking will and should be compared to his.

doubleblue
06-27-2015, 12:34 PM
Zach is still learning as we can see by that ill advised INT he threw last night. But the way the game is being played now with so much emphasis on getting to the QB, I can't see any No. 1 playing the whole season. Even with the extras rules protection, QB's are getting hit and hit hard. Back ups are going to be more valuable then ever. It may come down to who has the most quality depth that can win the East. So if Harris can play like we are expecting him to, that gives the Argos maybe the best 1-2 punch in the East. IMO

paulwoods13
06-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Not so fast, my friend.

If Hamilton's QB'ing is better than ours -- this year and next year-- then any reasonable person would conclude that it was the wrong decision.

Of course it's over and done with, and all the crying isn't going to bring him back. But it's not that easy to ignore. He's the QB of the fricken TiCats. From here on out our quarterbacking will and should be compared to his.

I agree with this. I'm on record as preferring to keep RR and let ZC go but the decision will be debated until the answer is obvious. Which isn't now.

argolio
06-27-2015, 01:09 PM
This Collaros man-love has officially become tiresome. Anyone still wanting to make puppy-dog eyes at the Ticats QB should go to the Ticats forum.

He's dirt, he's scum, he's roadkill, he's evil, he sucks, he cheats on his taxes, and he is the enemy. If you can't get on board with this, GTFO!

AngeloV
06-27-2015, 02:23 PM
This Collaros man-love has officially become tiresome. Anyone still wanting to make puppy-dog eyes at the Ticats QB should go to the Ticats forum.

He's dirt, he's scum, he's roadkill, he's evil, he sucks, he cheats on his taxes, and he is the enemy. If you can't get on board with this, GTFO!

Agreed 100%. As Argo fans, we really need to look at him the same way Cats fans looked at O'Shea all those years. He CHOSE to leave. And before his apologists bring up that the Argos released him, it was obviously because contract negotiations were going nowhere. Impossible to sign someone that doesn't want to stay.

AngeloV
06-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Not so fast, my friend.

Remains to be seen. Last year Hamilton's QBing was NOT better than the Argos. There defence and ST's were significantly better. Furthermore, who's to say that after this or next season (whenever he becomes a FA), he won't go to a higher bidder or better situation again? In football today (both pro leagues) there is so much turnover, it is almost impossible to build for 5 years down the road.

Argo57
06-27-2015, 03:46 PM

Agree 100%
Argonauts gave him his break and he didn't want to wait a couple of years to eventually take over so see you later.

Antwon
11-12-2015, 11:11 PM
I read this today on Rod Pedersen's blog.
"Lynch reported that a "credible source" told him Argos GM Jim Barker has applied for the Roughriders' GM job. I notified Lynch that Barker signed an extension with the Argos when the team's ownership changed hands last spring however John stood by his rumour."

I don't buy this for a second. After what Barker has been through since he's been with the Argos, and the success he's brought. I makes no sense to leave with new owners and stadium up for next year plus the extension.

Maybe they're so sour out there about the season they have to cause crap with other teams!!

R.J
11-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Probably just payback, because it's been said that Barker was the one who started the Huf to Saskatchewan rumours.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8