PDA

View Full Version : Argonauts sign DL Jason Vega to the PR

Argo57
06-22-2015, 07:14 PM
http://www.cfl.ca/article/d-for-dominant-argos-add-jason-vega-to-d-line

Wobbler
06-22-2015, 08:27 PM
He almost certainly commanded a hefty salary when he returned to the Bombers last year, and that's likely why they let him go in April. I wonder whether his salary demands are a lot lower these days, or whether we're reaping the benefits of a low payroll and/or some sort of arrangement to increase our budget.

KCargosfan
06-22-2015, 08:29 PM
My guess is we didn't sign him for much over league minimum. When your options are get a real job, or play football for 42K American$, almost every athlete in their 20s would take the latter.

Argo57
06-22-2015, 08:35 PM
He almost certainly commanded a hefty salary when he returned to the Bombers last year, and that's likely why they let him go in April. I wonder whether his salary demands are a lot lower these days, or whether we're reaping the benefits of a low payroll and/or some sort of arrangement to increase our budget.

I suspect you are onto something here Wobbler, my guess is both of your scenarios are at play, Vega has tempered his salary expectations somewhat and the pending ownership group are expanding the budget.
Finally the Argonauts fortunes seem on the rise, love seeing our team stepping up and being more aggressive in bringing in talent, Barker and the gang must feel somewhat liberated after having their hands tied in the last season or two.

argolio
06-22-2015, 09:35 PM
Expanding the budget? I bet THAT didn't happen.

doubleblue
06-22-2015, 09:44 PM
Jason Vega should be a good pick up if he can return to his 2012 form. I like the two newcomers Martin and Wilson also. Good depth this year at that position IMO.

"Issues"Mcgee
06-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Good pickup in my opinion.

jerrym
06-25-2015, 02:48 PM
After so much bad news since the end of last season, the good news for the Argos keeps growing and growing in the last month. Go Argos!

Argo
06-25-2015, 05:36 PM
After so much bad news since the end of last season, the good news for the Argos keeps growing and growing in the last month. Go Argos!

If the Argos can generally avoid the injury bug, I very much like their chances this season.

I (gleefully) pity opposing quarterbacks, although I'm looking forward to seeing how the Bombers much-improved O Line fares against the Argos' Wrecking Crew.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8