PDA

View Full Version : Leafs draft so far.

1argoholic
06-27-2015, 12:26 AM
Well Mitch Marner was a great OHL player but here we go with another small guy. Two years in a row we draft very small guys. Then they traded back twice picking up two extra picks at 61 and 68. I don't know.
I guess they want a skilled team of little forwards who can hopefully avoid contact like Kessel does very well.

Argo57
06-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Well Mitch Marner was a great OHL player but here we go with another small guy. Two years in a row we draft very small guys. Then they traded back twice picking up two extra picks at 61 and 68. I don't know.
I guess they want a skilled team of little forwards who can hopefully avoid contact like Kessel does very well.

They say this draft is pretty deep and you should get decent prospects into the 3rd round, Leafs looking to stock the cupboard.
The key with Toronto has always been making the right picks, the last sure fire pick was Wendel, 30 years ago.......sad!!
Stupid contracts given to this underachieving bunch (Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak and Lupal) will make it difficult to trade these guys out of town.
Probably the least likeable Leaf team in history!!

1argoholic
06-27-2015, 04:52 PM
30 years ago my cousin worked as a bartender at the Convention Centre and we had floor seats to hear and see Clark being drafted number 1. How things have changed and no way would a couple of Joe's be sitting in floor seats at the draft today.

Will
06-27-2015, 10:20 PM

The Leafs probably wanted Strome but unfortunately the Coyotes took him. In that scenario I wanted Marner over Hanifin.

1argoholic
06-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Love who they got this year. Plenty of talent to work with. With Petes seasons we got to see some of these players in action.

Argo57
06-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Love who they got this year. Plenty of talent to work with. With Petes seasons we got to see some of these players in action.

Who's Pete??

argolio
06-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Who's Pete??Peterborough Petes of the OHL.

Argo57
06-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Peterborough Petes of the OHL.

Was a joke

argolio
06-29-2015, 12:11 AM
Was a jokeThat was my other guess.

1argoholic
06-30-2015, 10:55 AM
The Peterborough Petes of The OHL celebrating Their 60th anniversary this season. Funny being a Petes fan now as I grew up a huge Toronto Marlboroughs fan. Sadly went to their last game before they moved them.
Fun hitting The Memorial Centre and watching all the great talent in the OHL. Prefer it to the NHL.

argolio
06-30-2015, 06:19 PM
I want long prison sentences for Petes fans who bring cowbells.

R.J
06-30-2015, 08:17 PM
I would have taken Hanifin, Provorov, Werenski, or Crouse over Marner, but there's no doubt that Marner is a skilled talent, let's see if it translates to the NHL. the Leafs draft overall was weak imo, jury is still out on Hunter especially now that it seems as though he's the defacto gm.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8