PDA

View Full Version : Rob Ford beating the NFL in Toronto drum again

ArgoRavi
07-09-2015, 11:33 AM
This guy just won't stop: http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/08/woodbine-eyed-as-site-for-nfl-stadium-ford

AngeloV
07-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Why does the Sun still write anything about him? He is a disgrace. His red track suit in counsel brought back memories of John Huard's red rain suit on the Argos side line. He also admits to driving in the HOV lane by himself. Great example for the rest of the city. Unfortunately some shmuck is going to follow his lead and not have the ability to avoid the punishment that Ford does.

PullTogether73
07-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Yah, I heard about him essentially challenging the city/police to catch him in the HOV lane.

Well, since he drives a massive SUV because that is the only vehicle into which he can stuff his massive carcass, he should be easy to spot. Great example Mr. Representative.

Go ahead Rob, trying receiving a snap from the centre and running backwards again. This time try to do it without falling over your feet, Mr. Football.

The guy is an idiot.
:biteme:

1argoholic
07-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Karma you fat bastard, karma. He has plenty that will catch up with him and he'll be easy to catch. This buttplug still thinks he's the clown at high school parties. He's never grown up. The man is a TOOL!!! Thankfully Toronto has a great mayor now and the circus has stopped, except when Fat Boy Not So Slim shows up to city hall.

argonaut11xx
07-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I am sick of "Anti-CFL" business, and people. (including the frauds who say the leagues can co-exist in toronto)

Rob Ford100 Queen Street West, Suite C40
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
Phone: 416-397-9255
Fax: 416-397-9238
councillor_ford@toronto.ca

AngeloV
07-10-2015, 05:03 PM
I am sick of "Anti-CFL" business, and people. (including the frauds who say the leagues can co-exist in toronto)

Rob Ford100 Queen Street West, Suite C40
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
Phone: 416-397-9255
Fax: 416-397-9238
councillor_ford@toronto.ca

Better send your letters anonymously. Otherwise you may wake up with a horse head next you in bed.

argonaut11xx
07-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Better send your letters anonymously. Otherwise you may wake up with a horse head next you in bed.

hahahaha...just put out the Rob contact info...in case anyone wanted voice a PRO-Argonaut/PRO-CFL veiwpoint. (as i did)

Rocket
07-11-2015, 03:55 PM
hahahaha...just put out the Rob contact info...in case anyone wanted voice a PRO-Argonaut/PRO-CFL veiwpoint. (as i did)

Thanks for the ford contact info just sent him an email telling him I support all what he has done as mayor but don't support his view point on bringing an nfl team to Toronto and to put more support in for the Argos.
You really can't argue with all the work he had done for the city with helping tax payers dollars. It's a complete joke if you want to compare what that useless Tory has done in his first year to what rob ford had done in his first year at office.

argolio
07-11-2015, 04:56 PM
It's a complete jokeI agree. Rob is a complete joke.

Rocket
07-12-2015, 01:06 AM
I agree. Rob is a complete joke.

I think while we are on this topic we should give out Larry tannebum contact info and email address so we can address this issue with him as well. He was the same guy that went to the Toronto media the next day after the purchase of the team and was talking his crap of bringing an nfl team to Toronto mind you it was after the day where he did another screw up with the announcement of the sale on same day as the leafs hiring there new head coach. Starting to wonder if these guys( tannebum and bell) will be just like the lame duck owners that tsn were when they owned the Argos a few years back with getting any fans to the stadium. I also hope the new owners don't think that all there work is all done now that the Argos are playing at bmo next year, Braley has done so much damage to this team that they will have to work 24/7 to recover from this disaster. I hope all the best and wish the new owners all the success in the future but not liking what I have been seeing mind you it still is early and they don't take possession tell the new year.

AngeloV
07-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the ford contact info just sent him an email telling him I support all what he has done as mayor but don't support his view point on bringing an nfl team to Toronto and to put more support in for the Argos.
You really can't argue with all the work he had done for the city with helping tax payers dollars. It's a complete joke if you want to compare what that useless Tory has done in his first year to what rob ford had done in his first year at office.

So you support a crack smoker that hangs with known criminals (possibly having one of them murdered), and has been charged with drunk driving? Please leave this site. You are giving Argofans a bad name just by the association.

Rocket
07-12-2015, 01:56 AM
So you support a crack smoker that hangs with known criminals (possibly having one of them murdered), and has been charged with drunk driving? Please leave this site. You are giving Argofans a bad name just by the association.

Humming interesting since I didn't even bring up rob ford name to the last post. But since you like to change the topics and not bother with what I had to write on my last post. We can talk rob ford has he made mistakes in the past ?yes is rob ford perfect ?no and I think we can all agree we to are not. Has rob ford apologized for his actions in the past? yes has he went to rehab to fight his addictions? yes and he has come out a better man from this. One thing you have to ask has rob ford put the tax payers first ?yes I agree! That is why his brother Doug ford who basically had the same polices as rob did only fell short 60,000 votes if he managed to just get 30,000 of them votes we would be talking a new ball game here folks. Had rob not fallen to his cancer fight I as well as many think rob ford would be mayor today. It's time for people to put the past in the past and look out for what is best for the future of this great city of Toronto.

Argo57
07-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Humming interesting since I didn't even bring up rob ford name to the last post. But since you like to change the topics and not bother with what I had to write on my last post. We can talk rob ford has he made mistakes in the past ?yes is rob ford perfect ?no and I think we can all agree we to are not. Has rob ford apologized for his actions in the past? yes has he went to rehab to fight his addictions? yes and he has come out a better man from this. One thing you have to ask has rob ford put the tax payers first ?yes I agree! That is why his brother Doug ford who basically had the same polices as rob did only fell short 60,000 votes if he managed to just get 30,000 of them votes we would be talking a new ball game here folks. Had rob not fallen to his cancer fight I as well as many think rob ford would be mayor today. It's time for people to put the past in the past and look out for what is best for the future of this great city of Toronto.

While I liked Fords stance on fiscal responsibility and not wasting taxpayers money in all other aspects he was a baffoon.
Regarding the Argonauts I am confident that the new ownership group (with the guidance of Chris Rudge) will lead this franchise to much better days!

Rocket
07-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Well you got to ask yourself does it really matter what rob ford does on his personal life ? I don't think it really matters to what he does the facts are out anyways that he has never been arrested or charged while being mayor of Toronto.

Regards to the new ownership if they think they can do the samething as Chris rudge did the last few years they will be in big trouble.

argolio
07-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Well you got to ask yourself does it really matter what rob ford does on his personal life ? I don't think it really matters to what he does the facts are out anyways that he has never been arrested or charged while being mayor of Toronto.It matters when a mayor comes to City Hall at noon half the time after spending the morning with a convicted criminal and known drug dealer, and then sleeps "it" off on his office couch in the afternoon. That's city time. Being under police investigation (which apparently is still ongoing) matters. Getting recorded countless times doing really dumb or illegal things on phone cameras by his idiot/criminal friends also matters. And I could go on.

Anyone who still supports this guy is an ignorant tool.

T-Bone
07-13-2015, 03:48 PM
We don't need another Rob Ford bashing thread. If the next post is not on topic I'm going to lock this thread.

AngeloV
07-13-2015, 04:42 PM
We don't need another Rob Ford bashing thread. If the next post is not on topic I'm going to lock this thread.

I vote for Lock away. It's going nowhere anyways.

ArgoRavi
07-13-2015, 06:54 PM
I vote for Lock away. It's going nowhere anyways.

I agree that it should be locked and I am the one who started this thread. Unfortunately, any thread that involves Rob Ford isn't going to go in a nice direction.

Gill The Thrill
08-05-2015, 12:24 AM
The Canadian Football League is a Professional Football League that is in the sports entertainment industry, not a charity that everybody should be forced to enjoy, just as the National Football League is. They must be able to compete in the very competitive sports entertainment industry whether it's through their on-field product or their pricing points to attract fans as paying customers.

As for the Rob Ford bashing, leave it to "Frick and Frack" to ruin yet another football related thread on this board by going off on a tangent and spreading insults which are not related at all to football in Toronto......Geez, Argolio and Angelo, you're like spoiled kids' playing street hockey. If you disagree with another person's interpretation, you stop the game and threaten to take the net home...friggin pathetic if you ask me. It's not because your football opinions aren't valid, but when you hurl personal insults and continue to defame a public figure, and try to shout down those who may support them in the political sense (not socially or personally) it makes this site uninviting to many who may support the Argos, AND FOOTBALL in general, whether it's CFL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, or High School. Take this from not just an Argo fan of over 30 years, but from a football fan for just as long.

Notice it's always easy to kick someone when they're down (how courageous?)...judging by some of the vitriol toward the man on this board, I wouldn't doubt that you've still got the voodoo dolls with pins and needles in them.

IMO, just because you post a lot...doesn't mean you should hurl continuous personal insults and worse yet, spread rumours about a person that have not been verified or proven in a court of law. If you want to canvass for another politician or compliment someone, great. I'm sure there's an ex-police chief running in the federal election who'd love your support.

I agree that it should be locked and I am the one who started this thread. Unfortunately, any thread that involves Rob Ford isn't going to go in a nice direction.Ravi, it shouldn't have to go in that direction if posters just stuck to what your initial post was about.

If you want to criticize Rob Ford's political viewpoint on saving taxpayers money by saying he's being inconsistent in trying to secure taxpayer dollars to build an NFL stadium or an Olympic Stadium...that's a sound and valid argument... but when some posters talk about his personal life or demons without even any political argument, then they lose all credibility. You might as well be arguing with a 10 yr old in the school yard.

argolio
08-05-2015, 01:05 AM
The Canadian Football League is a Professional Football League that is in the sports entertainment industry, not a charity that everybody should be forced to enjoy, just as the National Football League is. They must be able to compete in the very competitive sports entertainment industry whether it's through their on-field product or their pricing points to attract fans as paying customers.

As for the Rob Ford bashing, leave it to "Frick and Frack" to ruin yet another football related thread on this board by going off on a tangent and spreading insults which are not related at all to football in Toronto......Geez, Argolio and Angelo, you're like spoiled kids' playing street hockey. If you disagree with another person's interpretation, you stop the game and threaten to take the net home...friggin pathetic if you ask me. It's not because your football opinions aren't valid, but when you hurl personal insults and continue to defame a public figure, and try to shout down those who may support them in the political sense (not socially or personally) it makes this site uninviting to many who may support the Argos, AND FOOTBALL in general, whether it's CFL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, or High School. Take this from not just an Argo fan of over 30 years, but from a football fan for just as long.

Notice it's always easy to kick someone when they're down (how courageous?)...judging by some of the vitriol toward the man on this board, I wouldn't doubt that you've still got the voodoo dolls with pins and needles in them.

IMO, just because you post a lot...doesn't mean you should hurl continuous personal insults and worse yet, spread rumours about a person that have not been verified or proven in a court of law. If you want to canvass for another politician or compliment someone, great. I'm sure there's an ex-police chief running in the federal election who'd love your support.Ex-police chief? Julian Fantino?

If you want to defend someone who has revealed himself to be a complete idiot just because he's a public figure, go ahead. I'd rather trash him, and anyone who still defends him. This is coming from someone who came very close to voting for him in 2010, and who gave him a chance to see what he could do as mayor (embarrass himself and the city as it turned out). And I'm an anonymous internet poster, not a court of law. I don't have to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

If you don't want to hear anything about Rob Ford from now on, then don't bring him up. But I bet you won't be able to help yourself.

You might as well be arguing with a 10 yr old in the school yard.Just like the school yard in Etobicoke where, during city office hours, Rob Ford was regularly drinking and smoking up with his best friend, a convicted abuser of women. And the school yard which they used as a public toilet.

Ten year olds, I tell ya!

Gill The Thrill
08-05-2015, 01:28 AM
Just like the school yard in Etobicoke where, during city office hours, Rob Ford was regularly drinking and smoking up with his best friend, a convicted abuser of women. And the school yard which they used as a public toilet.

Ten year olds, I tell ya!Wow, you must be holier than thou. Let's see if you had a newspaper columnist and a camera up your ass watching your every move, to the point of even invading your privacy in your own home to find dirt on you and see how you fare. Like I said, it's easy to kick a man when he's down...real classy, but what would I expect from you. Of course no mention of his volunteerism coaching Football and his football foundation that was used to try and get him ousted even before his other stuff...how petty, semantics about using city letterhead on a letter concerning his football foundation.

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone," bet you probably would not understand because your so-called progressivism limits you from even recognizing your own sins...you're good at finding the sins of others and trying to shame them but you should try looking at yourself in the mirror, bet your not as perfect as you think.

Ex-police chief? Julian Fantino?

Trying to be smart or maybe I over-estimated your intelligence to figure it out...yah probably...lol. Guess again, I'm referring to the big mouth who would've sabotaged a possible court case against Ford because he stupidly made a personal comment regarding an on-going investigation during his news conferences as police chief. You know the guy who's running for the Federal Liberals in a Scarborough riding.

T-Bone
08-05-2015, 07:48 AM
it shouldn't have to go in that direction if posters just stuck to what your initial post was about.
Perhaps you should take some of your own advice.

That's enough of this nonsense. This thread is now closed.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8