PDA

View Full Version : Ron Wilson fired

R.J
03-02-2012, 08:41 PM
TSN is reporting it live now during the Hawks/Sens intermission. Front runner is Randy Carlyle.
David William Naylor ‏ @TSNDaveNaylor
TSN's Darren Dreger reporting Ron Wilson fired. #NHL

argolio
03-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Guess that means there are no plans to "intentionally" tank the last 18 games.

1argoholic
03-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Too bad but I don't see them just going gang busters all of a sudden but if they do then it was Wilson. One hard ass to another.

R.J
03-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Too bad but I don't see them just going gang busters all of a sudden but if they do then it was Wilson. One hard ass to another.IMO Carlyle is good with the media, but I wouldn't want to be in the Leafs locker room the next few weeks, at the same time though I have no sympathy for the millionaire babies.

ArgoRavi
03-03-2012, 04:16 AM
IMO Carlyle is good with the media, but I wouldn't want to be in the Leafs locker room the next few weeks, at the same time though I have no sympathy for the millionaire babies.

Isn't Carlyle an even more arrogant SOB than Wilson? If so, he may have even more problems with the media.

Will
03-03-2012, 09:01 AM
TSN is reporting it live now during the Hawks/Sens intermission. Front runner is Randy Carlyle.

Thank the lord!

294life
03-03-2012, 10:30 AM
well good luck tonight in our house. plenty of leaf fans should be there you might wonder if it's not a home game for them.

ArgoGabe22
03-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Won't make a difference the Leafs will never win under MLSE ownership.

R.J
03-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Isn't Carlyle an even more arrogant SOB than Wilson? If so, he may have even more problems with the media.
I don't know about that, Carlyle reminds me of Pat Burns, that old school style of coaching, and a straight shooter with the media. Wilson from day 1 wanted to fight the media, while in San Jose he stated multiple times how much he hated the Canadian media, and once here was always defensive and sarcastic etc.

Will
03-03-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't know about that, Carlyle reminds me of Pat Burns, that old school style of coaching, and a straight shooter with the media. Wilson from day 1 wanted to fight the media, while in San Jose he stated multiple times how much he hated the Canadian media, and once here was always defensive and sarcastic etc.

It goes without saying that Carlyle is entering a whole new ballgame coming to Toronto. Los Angeles is one of the largest markets in the USA and while the Kings don't do badly, I don't know how much coverage the Ducks get. I don't remember Wilson saying that he hated the Canadian media, but if it's true then it definitely wouldn't get him off to the right foot with the media here. I guess what I'm trying to say that even if Carlyle is arrogant, he hasn't (to my knowledge) said he hated the Canadian media and thus is probably starting on the right foot.

1argoholic
03-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Well he won his first game in Montreal so that's always GREAT!!!

294life
03-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Won't make a difference the Leafs will never win under MLSE ownership.

so much for that. congrats to Randy and the Leafs. Even leaf nation couldn't fill all the empty seats at the Smell Centre. Curious to see how important that final game in 5 weeks will be.

DanTheFan
03-04-2012, 09:18 AM
First thing I did hen I heard Wilson was fired was high-five my brother. I didn't even care at that point who replaced him. I kinda hoped the Leafs would go with a younger coach, but Carlyle has a Cup, so at least there's some of the best playoff experience you can get. The funny thing is that Carlyle and Wilson were briefly teammates when they played for the Leafs along with Bruce Boudreau, who replaced Carlyle in Anaheim. So all 3 also have coached the Ducks.

1argoholic
03-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Watched all of these guys play and remember Boudreau playing for the old Toronto Marlboroughs Jrs and he was a great little goal score. You'd never know to look at him today. Nice to see Carlyle actually smile after the game. Maybe he won't be as much of a dick as Wilson.

Aubery
03-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Every one is sharing the information that Ron Wilson is fired,
But no one mention the reason why Ron Wilson is being fired.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8