PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Coombs: "mild" concussion-like symptoms

Will
08-05-2015, 09:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Scott Milanovich told the media today that SB Anthony Coombs has been diagnosed with &quot;mild&quot; concussion-like symptoms. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/628652652365258752">August 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope that either Matt Black or Jermaine Gabriel can return to the lineup on Saturday, although we could try Adjei at one of the receiver spots if need be.

ArgoRavi
08-05-2015, 01:36 PM
If you listen to a neurologist, there is no such thing as a "mild concussion" but I am assuming in this case that "mild" is referring to the symptoms rather than the concussion itself.

Argo
08-05-2015, 01:45 PM
I'm doubtful that Coombs is going to get in a large number of games over his career.

doubleblue
08-05-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm doubtful that Coombs is going to get in a large number of games over his career.

Yah I agree. From what I have seen of him, he has to make it as a WR. Just not rugged enough to be a RB in the pros IMO.

jerrym
08-06-2015, 12:16 AM
If you listen to a neurologist, there is no such thing as a "mild concussion" but I am assuming in this case that "mild" is referring to the symptoms rather than the concussion itself.

Considering how teams minimize injuries in public announcements to avoid giving opponents full info on the situation and possibly go after the player even harder, I even wonder if even "mild concussion" is even in the right ballpark as a description of the injury.

1argoholic
08-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Well the injuries keep piling up. The best teams have quality and depth. Calgary always seems to fill holes. Not sure how Barker can keep filling so many holes year after year. We seem to have more turnover than most teams. Toss in injuries and you're having to have a ton of luck involved.

gilthethrill
08-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Honestly I don't recall so many injuries across the CFL like the past 2 seasons. Do any of the other longtime fans on this forum recall injuries being this plentiful when rosters were a mere 32-34 players & they played games on that rock hard "Astro-Turf"?

AngeloV
08-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Honestly I don't recall so many injuries across the CFL like the past 2 seasons. Do any of the other longtime fans on this forum recall injuries being this plentiful when rosters were a mere 32-34 players & they played games on that rock hard "Astro-Turf"?

When the rosters were that small, concussions weren't considered a major injury as they are today. I would bet players played with concussions a lot, which is why we see these lawsuits happening. Also believe players didn't let their injuries be known to team officials for fear of losing their jobs back then.

argonaut11xx
08-06-2015, 02:27 PM

It was a different breed of player...you sucked it up, and played threw the pain. ( i got stitched up on the bench as a 16yr old, would a mom let that happen these days??..haha)

That said, Angelo's point above is very much correct

ArgoRavi
08-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Calgary always seems to fill holes.

Even Calgary is struggling a little trying to replace injured players this season. Milanovich mentioned the other day that the Argos have good depth but the problem is when that depth even starts getting eaten away by injuries.

paulwoods13
08-06-2015, 05:19 PM
This is what drives me nuts about sports: You get all excited about a good team with good personnel, then injuries strip away that good personnel and leave you scrambling. There is no doubt in my mind that if all teams were 100% healthy, our NATs would be at or near the top of the pack. But with seven or eight key NATs on IR, we are as thin as anyone in the league.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8