PDA

View Full Version : The Hollywood Argos

Stevoman
08-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Watching the tv show "Impastor" the other night (airing on TVLAND) and it featured a clip of the Argos and Ticats playing from a few years ago (previous jerseys). The Ticats were supposed to be the Steelers and the character was betting on the game. Last year, they were on Modern Family and Family Guy. They were also called the best team in the CFL in John Grisham's book "Playing for Pizza". I know that American networks can use the CFL without the strict copyright laws that the NFL enforces, so, are there any other references or uses of the Argonauts in mainstream media? I think I remember seeing the rapper Maestro Fresh Wes wearing an Argos Ismail jersey in a music video back in 91 but have never been able to find it again.

Downtownfan
08-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Here you go, the Maestro in all his Raghib-inspired glory! He was back at the dome during a game last season as I recall...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uy9QPzXnkY

Argo
08-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Not the Argos, however... Homer was nodding off on the couch in front of the TV with a Riders-esque still on-screen, and voice droning something like "with the ... pick, the Saskatchewan Roughriders select..."

Stevoman
08-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Here you go, the Maestro in all his Raghib-inspired glory! He was back at the dome during a game last season as I recall...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uy9QPzXnkY

Yeah man, thanks for the link! I had no idea what song it was but I remember my 14 year old self was proud that the Argos were being represented on Much Music. Watching this again now, it makes me want that Starter Argonauts Sideline Jacket. I think I've seen a player wearing one of those even in recent years.

1argoholic
08-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Heading to Grey Cup 91 in Winnipeg with a plane full of Argoholics we partied with a young Argo fan, Maestro and his manager who is some huge guy in the music industry now. Not my kind kind music but both were great guys. Back then you could bring booze on to planes and walk up and down like one big party. Since then the Argoholics are few and far between as guys all got married had kids and stopped coming to games except for a few of us.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8