PDA

View Full Version : Stala

Argo
08-21-2015, 12:14 PM
The previous occasion that the Argonauts could have signed Stala (before he signed with the Tabbies), I wondered why on Earth the Argos screwed up by failing to do so.

This time, I had cooled to the idea, and was completely wrong to have done so.

Stala has been a good signing. That play where he rolled over the fallen defender that had tackled him was a classic, and not the only quality and savvy play that he's made this season.

mchesher03
08-21-2015, 12:35 PM
oh i too have hated on stala when he was on the als and tabbies - mainly for making plays against Toronto.

That said he has really filled a need this year and he has played very well - sure hands, always waiting at the first down marker, moving the sticks, etc. Great move picking him up - same goes for Whittaker if we are on that train of thought too - another huge addition.

Gill The Thrill
08-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Always a good player ever since his CIS days in St.Mary's. Saw him win the Vanier Cup at the Skydome with the Huskies, vs the Huskies. (Saskatchewan) Knew he'd be a good pro in the CFL and a valuable and contributing player to any team he'd play for. I don't remember if he has ever won or been nominated as a top Canadian, but that would be because he just wasn't given the ball enough when he was younger as I think he was certainly good enough to warrant that. He's showed some inconsistency as he got older dropping some passes in Hamilton and that'll always draw criticism, but has usually been a reliable receiver throughout his career.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8