PDA

View Full Version : Flags at the Dome?

dmont
08-26-2015, 03:19 PM

I remember once looking into the Rogers Centre policies on flag poles at Argo games, and I remembered coming away thinking they were forbidden. These last few weeks, however, I'm pretty sure I've seen a group of (super)fans sitting pretty close to the field waving flags that appear to have some kind of pole or staff supporting them. My questions:

1. Are flag poles or staffs really forbidden by the Rogers Centre?
2. Despite any official policy, does RC security still let them in if you don't cause a fuss?
3. Does waving a flag on a staff risk confiscation or ejection from the RC?
4. For anyone familiar with the current flag-waving (super)fans, what materials do you use and how do you get RC security and staff to leave you alone?

Neely2005
08-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Check the Rogers Centre website but IIRC they do allow them for Argonauts games. (Or at least they did in the past)

ArgoZ
08-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Flag poles are definitely still banned at all Rogers Centre events. Fans use creative ways to get around this, like using the blow horn sold inside the stadium as a substitute.

Tobythor
08-26-2015, 08:45 PM
I remember when I had to check my flag at guest services when they first changed their policy at the Dome. Just one of the many reasons I've hated the Dome. When I bring the flag, I just wear it as a cape. Too bad, I use to love waving the flag in the first row of sec 241 when my family had season tickets as a kid.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8