PDA

View Full Version : Chamblin and Taman fired.

Fumblitis
08-31-2015, 09:44 PM
http://www.cfl.ca/article/shakeup-in-riderville-club-parts-ways-with-taman-chamblin

Had to be done.

Argo
09-01-2015, 07:05 AM
http://www.cfl.ca/article/shakeup-in-riderville-club-parts-ways-with-taman-chamblin

Had to be done.

They both are highly deserving of this honour.

Riderfans.com theorizes that Shambles, er I mean Chamblin, actually wanted to be fired, thereby picking up $ 750,000 - thanks to Taman's wisdom - for never coaching (or working) again. Whether that's true or not, only time will tell.

Will
09-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Hardly a surprise given the team's record and the circumstances surrounding Smith's benching on Sunday. I think the population of Saskatchewan would have charged Mosaic with torches and pitchforks if it didn't happen.

ArgoGabe22
09-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Lawless think Tillman will most likely become the their next GM. Yikes!

Will
09-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Lawless think Tillman will most likely become the their next GM. Yikes!

Speaking of "good 'ol boys."

Fumblitis
09-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Hardly a surprise given the team's record and the circumstances surrounding Smith's benching on Sunday. I think the population of Saskatchewan would have charged Mosaic with torches and pitchforks if it didn't happen.Yeah it's Fan day on Saturday be there would have been a mutiny if Chamblin was there to sign autographs.

Lawless think Tillman will most likely become the their next GM. Yikes!I can't see it. That would be a public relations disaster. Besides, the tradition here is to hire from within. I'm predicting that O'Day will be the man.

gilthethrill
09-01-2015, 11:03 AM
I can't see it. That would be a public relations disaster. Besides, the tradition here is to hire from within. I'm predicting that O'Day will be the man.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when The Riders have a bad season, they really have a bad season. Look for Assistant GM in Calgary John Murphy to be a GM next season, or will he replace Huff?

Will
09-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but when The Riders have a bad season, they really have a bad season. Look for Assistant GM in Calgary John Murphy to be a GM next season, or will he replace Huff?

I think the Roughriders were at or above .500 for a bit during Danny Barrett's tenure.

Fumblitis
09-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but when The Riders have a bad season, they really have a bad season. Look for Assistant GM in Calgary John Murphy to be a GM next season, or will he replace Huff?Murphy is who everybody is hoping for.

R.J
09-01-2015, 03:51 PM
This was a long time coming, I'm still surprised that Taman was hired in the first place, even though it seems as though Taman has the right friends in the right places. Now some are even speculating that Taman could go back to Winnipeg, just plain insanity I tells yeah.

I could see O'Day becoming the permanent guy, but at least for now I'm hoping for Rider fans sake that someone is brought in with a lot more experience. Murphy and McEvoy should be at the top of the list and I'm sure Tillman will get a phone call. Depending on what happens in Montreal this season Popp could eventually be available, although I find it doubtful.

jerrym
09-06-2015, 07:32 PM
What took them so long, espeically Taman?

Argo
09-07-2015, 08:44 AM
What took them so long, espeically Taman?

What took them so long, especially Shambles [Chamblin]?

A pertinent, timely reminder: shedding a narcissistic control-freak is always good.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8