PDA

View Full Version : Cory Greenwood

paulwoods13
09-08-2015, 08:46 PM
A tweeter named ArgosCowboy who is a good fan is tweeting that Cory Greenwood has suffered a second, possibly season-ending concussion. Anyone have any more info to report? If true it is terrible news for him and the team. He has been, IMO, our best and most consistent defender this season. Hopefully this is not severe enough to threaten his quality of life and his career, but you never know with concussions.

If he's out for a while, I think they should move Jones to his spot and start Miles at MLB. Fortunately Miles has received some significant playing time of late, and he seems like someone with a very bright future.

Jon Gonzo
09-08-2015, 08:58 PM
A tweeter named ArgosCowboy who is a good fan is tweeting that Cory Greenwood has suffered a second, possibly season-ending concussion. Anyone have any more info to report? If true it is terrible news for him and the team. He has been, IMO, our best and most consistent defender this season. Hopefully this is not severe enough to threaten his quality of life and his career, but you never know with concussions.

If he's out for a while, I think they should move Jones to his spot and start Miles at MLB. Fortunately Miles has received some significant playing time of late, and he seems like someone with a very bright future.

"Someone is knocking at the door; He knock is ringing the bell. Someone is knocking at the door; Henoc is ringing the bell. Do us all a favor, open the door....and let him in, yeah yeah"

Argo
09-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Two concussions in close proximity? Do not play again this season, if ever...

Argo57
09-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Two concussions in close proximity? Do not play again this season, if ever...

Head injuries are of great concern, this doesn't bode well for Greenwood's career and much more importantly his future well being.
Football not worth sacrificing your future quality of life.

Will
09-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Did he provide a source?

paulwoods13
09-09-2015, 09:33 AM
No but Zicarelli is also reporting it, albeit without any attribution.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/08/argos-entire-october-home-slate-in-jeopardy

1argoholic
09-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Our best tackler who hits like a truck will be missed in a big way.

Will
09-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Our best tackler who hits like a truck will be missed in a big way.

Ironically, that's your problem right there.

Argo
09-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Ironically, that's your problem right there.

Jack Tatum also hit like a truck. He claimed that with the proper timing he didn't suffer but his target did. Of course, he had more time to set up his hits than a linebacker.

R.J
09-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Milanovich confirmed today that Greenwood is a no go. That sucks, I've loved watching him play this season, but now I'm starting to think that I should just get a Waud jersey instead of both of their's.

argolio
09-09-2015, 11:05 PM
No but Zicarelli is also reporting it, albeit without any attribution.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/08/argos-entire-october-home-slate-in-jeopardy$20 says his report is based on reading it here.

Argocister
09-09-2015, 11:26 PM
$20 says his report is based on reading it here.

That's way too funny!

Wobbler
09-10-2015, 07:39 PM
It doesn't mean as much as it used to, but Greenwood went on the 6 game list.

Stevoman
09-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Worried even more now about our Defence.

paulwoods13
09-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Drew Edwards tweet:

Drew Edwards ‏@scratchingpost 57m57 minutes ago
Word is @HenocMuamba is visiting @BCLions tomorrow. Met w/ #Ticats this weekend but not #Argos. Has offers from B.C., Ham & #Bombers. #CFL

I am resisting the urge to assume this means we are out of it altogether. It could also mean he is letting his hometown team make the final bid. But the realist in me thinks why would Braley approve such an expenditure when he's getting out of this business in four months? If he ends up in Hamilton I am gonna be some pissed.

R.J
09-14-2015, 05:53 PM
I doubt Barker is even speaking with Muamba or his agent. Just flat out pathetic.

gilthethrill
09-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Drew Edwards tweet:

Drew Edwards ‏@scratchingpost 57m57 minutes ago
Word is @HenocMuamba is visiting @BCLions tomorrow. Met w/ #Ticats this weekend but not #Argos. Has offers from B.C., Ham & #Bombers. #CFL

I am resisting the urge to assume this means we are out of it altogether. It could also mean he is letting his hometown team make the final bid. But the realist in me thinks why would Braley approve such an expenditure when he's getting out of this business in four months? If he ends up in Hamilton I am gonna be some pissed.

Gary Lawless is still maintaining that Muamba met with the Argos and Hamilton over the weekend. Like you Paul, I will be pissed if he signs with Hamilton.

ArgoRavi
09-14-2015, 07:03 PM
I have little reason to believe that Braley would approve an expenditure like this for the Argos.

gilthethrill
09-14-2015, 07:13 PM
I have little reason to believe that Braley would approve an expenditure like this for the Argos.

Me either....but yet he might for his other team.

Argo57
09-14-2015, 08:27 PM
Me either....but yet he might for his other team.

The optics are horrible in this situation.
Braley's other team is bidding for Muamba so what is the likelihood he will fork out the cash to bring him to Toronto who he thankfully won't own by years end.
This long ownership transition is killing the Argos who are in a total lame duck situation this season.
Really upsetting as a fan to see our team on the outside looking in when talented players who could help aren't pursued seriously, imagine how Barker and Milanovich and the football staff feel.

R.J
09-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Gary Lawless is still maintaining that Muamba met with the Argos and Hamilton over the weekend. Like you Paul, I will be pissed if he signs with Hamilton.
I hope Lawless is right and that Edwards is wrong, but the Argonauts under Braley's stewardship don't seem to bring in a lot of NFL cuts.
The second best Christmas gives that Argos brass can give there fans is bringing in Ball, Carter and Muamba.

Qman
09-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Barker strategy has never been to spend cap space on big $$ free agents. He spends his $$ on his own guys.

He like to develop from cdn draft picks and FA camps.

Will
09-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Qman is correct that Barker has never really brought in any significant free agents to Toronto or at least none that I can recall. His MO is to try to make a splash via trade as he has with Ricky Ray, Khalif Mitchell, Shea Emry, etc.

Argocister
09-14-2015, 11:02 PM
On the radio ..... 1150 .... they commented that Argos , Ticats and Lions were all courting Muamba .....
I wouldn't get too upset until he decides on Hamilton.... Who will he replace?

Jon Gonzo
09-15-2015, 09:41 AM
On the radio ..... 1150 .... they commented that Argos , Ticats and Lions were all courting Muamba .....
I wouldn't get too upset until he decides on Hamilton.... Who will he replace?

I read a Tweet somewhere that stated the Argos weren't in the mix, and didn't set up a visit

Jon Gonzo
09-15-2015, 09:44 AM
edit**** never mind, my habit is to read thread in reverse. Info junkie (; Nothing here

R.J
09-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Sounds as though Muamba's choices down to BC and Hamilton. Although, according to some, his agent is still looking down south as well. Has been to Hamilton, BC, Edmonton and a planned trip to Montreal.
Just twitter CFL media (Edmonton, Vancouver, Hamilton and Winnipeg) speculation as of now.

1971GreyCup
09-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Some good news on Cory Greenwood on Argos video today: VIDEO: http://ow.ly/Sxh3O (http://t.co/uJxNAedmdH)

7dj83r8f78t4alf8