PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton deals rights of Tahj Boyd to Bombers. Boyd and Bombers agree to terms.

R.J
09-14-2015, 09:18 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/quarterback-tajh-boyd-traded-from-ticats-to-bombers/

I don't see this as being a move just for this season. Are the Bombers brass not completely sold on Willy ?

AngeloV
09-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Probably just worried about his durability. I liked Smith in college.

R.J
09-14-2015, 09:58 PM
Probably just worried about his durability. I liked Smith in college.
Boyd does actually remind me a bit of Troy Smith.

ArgoRavi
09-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Didn't someone mention that Mitchell Gale is Winnipeg-bound too? Brian Brohm is probably on his way out and Robert Marve may not be all that far behind.

Argo
09-15-2015, 06:13 AM
Didn't someone mention that Mitchell Gale is Winnipeg-bound too? Brian Brohm is probably on his way out and Robert Marve may not be all that far behind.

Not surprising!

doubleblue
09-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Not surprising!

I think Winnipeg will soon close the book on Brohm and O'Shea mentioned that Marve has reinjured a knee that he hurt while in College. I think that probably explains the bringing in of more QB's. Hope they didn't give away another draft choice for Boyd.

gilthethrill
09-15-2015, 09:54 AM

Robert Marve has already stated he will be exploring his NFL options during the offseason. His dad is former NFL LB Eugene Marve.

1argoholic
09-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Thanks you Rod for the NFL update. hahahaha. I kill me.

Argo57
09-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Robert Marve has already stated he will be exploring his NFL options during the offseason. His dad is former NFL LB Eugene Marve.

Good luck on that one.

ArgoGabe22
09-15-2015, 10:35 PM
His dad is former NFL LB Eugene Marve.

Eugene also had more coverage during the game than his son. Rod Black must have been one of the producers and enforced the cameras to point his way to watch Eugene's reactions.

Gill The Thrill
09-20-2015, 12:16 AM
Good luck on that one.You took the words right out of my mouth after reading that Marve wants to explore options in the NFL. I guess the lure of a clipboard which may be too much for him now, or a practice squad spot is something to shoot for. Smart NFL teams really don't or shouldn't care who you're father was.

AngeloV
09-20-2015, 12:43 AM
Smart NFL teams really don't or shouldn't care who you're father was.

CFL teams don't either. Now Rod Black? That's another story altogether.

ArgoGabe22
09-29-2015, 09:49 AM
Well, Robert Marve just announced his retirement from football. I guess his injury is a lot worse than thought but Nichols' injury vs Argos a couple of seasons ago looked pretty bad and got injured again in the preseason and still came back to play.

“After consulting with my doctors, and contemplating my future, and life after football, I have made the decision to retire from this great game,” said Marve. “I would like to thank the great fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and this organization, who have supported me through this process. I’ll deeply miss the on field competitiveness, but this is the right decision for me and my long term health.”

ArgoRavi
09-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Well, Robert Marve just announced his retirement from football. I guess his injury is a lot worse than thought but Nichols' injury vs Argos a couple of seasons ago looked pretty bad and got injured again in the preseason and still came back to play.

“After consulting with my doctors, and contemplating my future, and life after football, I have made the decision to retire from this great game,” said Marve. “I would like to thank the great fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and this organization, who have supported me through this process. I’ll deeply miss the on field competitiveness, but this is the right decision for me and my long term health.”

Did he suffer a concussion? I remember that we saw him last play in the home game against Calgary back in August. He was pulled in the second half for Brian Brohm and we never saw Marve again. It was only said after that game that Marve had been injured.

R.J
09-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Did he suffer a concussion? I remember that we saw him last play in the home game against Calgary back in August. He was pulled in the second half for Brian Brohm and we never saw Marve again. It was only said after that game that Marve had been injured.
Knee injury once again.

jerrym
09-29-2015, 11:14 PM

He can explore all he wants. I don't see him making it in the NFL, beyond training camp fodder, and even that is a low odds possibility.

KCargosfan
09-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Good luck on that one.

No joke.

R.J
09-30-2015, 01:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Robert Marve will join the Tampa Sports Academy, working with youth in the inner-city and high schools in his hometown.</p>&mdash; Darrin Bauming (@DarrinBauming) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/648890679339290624">September 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AngeloV
09-30-2015, 01:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Robert Marve will join the Tampa Sports Academy, working with youth in the inner-city and high schools in his hometown.</p>— Darrin Bauming (@DarrinBauming) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/648890679339290624">September 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good on him.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8