PDA

View Full Version : East crossover looks not only possible but *likely* this year

Wobbler
09-20-2015, 11:01 PM
If the playoffs started today, Montreal would cross over to face Edmonton in the West semi-final. And with BC's QB health problems, it is tough to imagine them finishing strong. All of the Eastern teams, conversely, are at least pretty good.

When was the last time such a crossover happened?

PullTogether73
09-20-2015, 11:11 PM
I am fairly confident that it has never happened.

R.J
09-20-2015, 11:19 PM
An East crossover has never happened. I would have to agree though it's looking extremely likely, Sask is out, Wpg and BC are a mess. Montreal, Toronto, Hamilton and Ottawa are easily better teams, hopefully they can all keep it together in order to achieve the crossover.

ArgoRavi
09-21-2015, 12:14 AM
The closest we have ever come to an East crossover was in 2001 when the Argos were a Hamilton win over B.C. away from crossing over to the West Division for the playoffs. The Ticats, playing on just two days rest and having to travel across the country for a Tuesday night game before coming home to face Montreal in the East semi-final five days later, went with the late Cody Ledbetter at QB instead of starter Danny McManus and the Argos were pretty well sunk before that game even started. I am very hopeful that we will see an eastern crossover this year but would prefer that the Argos aren't the team crossing over.

Will
09-21-2015, 06:58 PM
The closest we have ever come to an East crossover was in 2001 when the Argos were a Hamilton win over B.C. away from crossing over to the West Division for the playoffs. The Ticats, playing on just two days rest and having to travel across the country for a Tuesday night game before coming home to face Montreal in the East semi-final five days later, went with the late Cody Ledbetter at QB instead of starter Danny McManus and the Argos were pretty well sunk before that game even started. I am very hopeful that we will see an eastern crossover this year but would prefer that the Argos aren't the team crossing over.

Well the Argos still have a sufficient amount of games against the Rough Riders and Alouettes to make sure that the above doesn't happen. It is totally up to them.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8