PDA

View Full Version : October 17, 2015: Calgary Stampeders vs. Toronto Argonauts

T-Bone
10-13-2015, 07:48 AM
http://cfl.assets.mrx.ca/shared/sked_blocks_logos/2012_2/2012_schedule_default2/cgy.png vs. http://cfl.assets.mrx.ca/shared/sked_blocks_logos/2012_2/2012_schedule_default2/tor.png

Week 17
Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 4:00pm EDT.
Tim Hortons Field. Hamilton, ON.

TV: TSN1/3/4 (http://www.tsn.ca/tv#/)
Video Webcast: TSN Go (http://www.tsn.ca/tv#/) - ESPN3 (http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/type/upcoming/sport/football/search/CFL/)
Radio: CGY: CHQR 770 (http://www.newstalk770.com/) - TOR: N/A
Audio Webcast: CGY: Here (http://www.newstalk770.com/stampeders/) - TOR: N/A
Satellite Radio: SiriusXM (http://www.siriusxm.ca/sports/cfl/)

Depth Charts: CGY: Here (http://www.stampeders.com/mediainfo) - TOR: Here (http://www.argonauts.ca/depthchart/list/team/7/year/2015)

Game Preview: Here (http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/118189)

Post-Game Update:

Game Highlights (http://www.cfl.ca/2015/10/17/recap-calgary-27-toronto-15/)

Game Recap (http://www.argonauts.ca/article/syndicated/476175/horse-power-stampeders-too-much-for-argonauts)

Final Score: 27-15 (http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/game/calgary-stampeders-toronto-argonauts-20151017/Stats)

Neely2005
10-13-2015, 08:07 AM
I can't see them moving this one back to the Rogers Centre now.
:-(

T-Bone
10-13-2015, 08:11 AM
I can't see them moving this one back to the Rogers Centre now.
:-(
If the Jays lose tomorrow assuming the game ends at 7:00pm that gives them 69 hours to convert the field until the Argos kick off. Until we get the confirmation e-mail from the team it's either or for now.

gilthethrill
10-13-2015, 09:55 AM
The chances of Saturdays game being played at SkyDome, IMO are slim to none...and slim just left town. If the Jays do lose Wednesday, it's not like the Rogers field crew would rush immediately to transform the field for CFL ball anyway. Going to be a cold blustery day at empty THF Saturday.

Will
10-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Think of it as practice Gill for next year at BMO minus the empty part.

Will
10-13-2015, 10:07 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Argos confirm that game Saturday against Stampeders will be played in Hamilton&#39;s Tim Hortons Field at 4 p.m.. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; Curtis Rush (@CurtisGRush) <a href="https://twitter.com/CurtisGRush/status/653934521759440896">October 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Neely2005
10-13-2015, 10:16 AM
October 13, 2015

A Message from Executive Chairman & CEO, Chris Rudge to all Toronto Argonauts Season Ticket Holders:

Following the Blue Jays’ decisive victory last night in Texas, I can now confirm that our home game scheduled to be played this Saturday, October 17 at 4:00 p.m. ET against the Calgary Stampeders will be played at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton. This solution provides a neutral-site that meets CFL and broadcast standards and is a relatively short distance from downtown Toronto. Our football team is currently in a very competitive divisional race. Our players have worked very hard to play winning football this season and they deserve a stadium atmosphere that is electric. We’re hopeful that you will join us in Hamilton this Saturday afternoon.

We will continue to work on contingency plans for our October 23 home game against the Montreal Alouettes should there be another similar conflict with the MLB post-season schedule.* As previously announced those plans are not yet final but will most likely also result in our team playing at Tim Hortons Field. We will communicate the appropriate details as early as possible once a decision is known.

Fans whose ticket packages include the October 17 home game will continue to be contacted by Toronto Argonauts ticket representatives. Fans that have purchased tickets to any 2015 Toronto Argonauts home game that has been, or will be, displaced by the 2015 MLB post-schedule will be fully reimbursed once all disruptions are known.

Ticket information for the October 17 game in Hamilton is available by calling an Argonauts ticket representative at 416-341-ARGO (2746).

I would again like to thank the Tiger-Cats organization for accommodating our move and assisting us with this challenge. I would especially like to thank you, our fans, for your continued support and patience during this unusual time.

Sincerely,

Chris Rudge

Executive Chairman & CEO

Toronto Argonauts Football Club

Will
10-13-2015, 10:21 AM
The Argos will get an opportunity to show that they can win at Tim Hortons Field :D.

I'd like to think we have a shot against Calgary. They've been winning, but similar to us they haven't been lighting the world on fire either in doing so. Obviously, keeping Cornish in check is vital as is containing Bo Levi as he was able to roll out and get it deep to Fuller, McDaniel, West et al in the game in July.

AngeloV
10-13-2015, 12:53 PM
From bad to worse when considering the Argos are on ANOTHER SHORT WEEK. They better get favourable scheduling next year from the league.

1argoholic
10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
We might just have to get used to Tims as the Jays look pretty solid right now. As I mentioned once before if we get the Jays winning in long series as well as the other series this could stretch to just before our last scheduled date at the dome. It could be in the cards that we've played our last game at the dome. Wouldn't surprise me with how screwed things have been the last few years.

Neely2005
10-13-2015, 01:31 PM
From bad to worse when considering the Argos are on ANOTHER SHORT WEEK. They better get favourable scheduling next year from the league.

You would hope but I'm not holding my breath. The league hasn't done the Argonauts any favours when it comes to scheduling our bye weeks in the past.

We might just have to get used to Tims as the Jays look pretty solid right now. As I mentioned once before if we get the Jays winning in long series as well as the other series this could stretch to just before our last scheduled date at the dome. It could be in the cards that we've played our last game at the dome. Wouldn't surprise me with how screwed things have been the last few years.

We'd still have the November game and a probably a playoff game.

paulwoods13
10-13-2015, 03:04 PM
We'd still have the November game and a probably a playoff game.

Any rainouts in baseball could still screw up the Oct. 30 and Nov. 6 dates. But nothing, as far as I can tell, could screw up a home playoff game which would be played on either Nov. 15 or 22.

gilthethrill
10-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Any rainouts in baseball could still screw up the Oct. 30 and Nov. 6 dates. But nothing, as far as I can tell, could screw up a home playoff game which would be played on either Nov. 15 or 22.

Earthquake Paul?

Will
10-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Earthquake Paul?

Wiggles concert?

Will
10-13-2015, 04:57 PM
I got a call from an Argo ticket rep last week who confirmed that I wished to attend this game, but when will I be contacted about actual seat location for the game?

argofandave
10-13-2015, 05:22 PM
I got a call from an Argo ticket rep last week who confirmed that I wished to attend this game, but when will I be contacted about actual seat location for the game?
I got a call last Friday from the Argos (Rob Richardson?) and ordered a pair of tickets then (Section 115, Row 9, Seats 5&6).

AngeloV
10-13-2015, 09:06 PM

My ticket rep asked me last week where I preferred to sit, and I told him that since they are only using the lower bowl, I would like to be as high up as possible. He told me that he would give me section 115 (right at mid field) last row. I'm expecting my tickets through email in the next couple of days.

Argo57
10-13-2015, 09:41 PM
My ticket rep asked me last week where I preferred to sit, and I told him that since they are only using the lower bowl, I would like to be as high up as possible. He told me that he would give me section 115 (right at mid field) last row. I'm expecting my tickets through email in the next couple of days.

My co-worker has the same Ticat seats across the other side of the field Angelo, best seats in the house, you will enjoy!!

AngeloV
10-13-2015, 11:26 PM
My co-worker has the same Ticat seats across the other side of the field Angelo, best seats in the house, you will enjoy!!

Awesome!!

D-Gap-Willie
10-13-2015, 11:36 PM

Probably there would be no rain-out required, and anyway they are unlikely at Skydome. However, if Jays get to the World Series, there are games scheduled for the American League park on October 28 (game #2) and November 6 ( game #7 if it goes that far). These are both within 48 hours of Argo games and would cause cancellation at Skydome of the BC (Oct 30) and Winnipeg (Nov6) games respectively. Nov 15 and 22 are OK, barring GTT's earthquake or a tornado, paralyzing snow storm, floods, pestilence, etc.

Will
10-14-2015, 07:52 AM
Game 7 of the World Series is scheduled for 11/04, but still might cause trouble. By virtue of winning the All-Star game, the American League has home-field advantage and thus any Game 7 would be played at the AL park. Baseball was not meant to be played in November. Hypothetically, if the Blue Jays make it the weather would not be a factor, but imagine if the NL representative is the Cubs or the Mets? IIRC, the Blue Jays clinched the World Series in 92 and 93 around 10/22 or 10/23. I understand the DS pushes things into November, but if that's the case go back to the old 154 game schedule.

AngeloV
10-14-2015, 08:13 AM
Game 7 of the World Series is scheduled for 11/04, but still might cause trouble. By virtue of winning the All-Star game, the American League has home-field advantage and thus any Game 7 would be played at the AL park. Baseball was not meant to be played in November. Hypothetically, if the Blue Jays make it the weather would not be a factor, but imagine if the NL representative is the Cubs or the Mets? IIRC, the Blue Jays clinched the World Series in 92 and 93 around 10/22 or 10/23. I understand the DS pushes things into November, but if that's the case go back to the old 154 game schedule.

In all seriousness, Baseball is not meant to be played in November in many markets. Little things have added dates to prolong the schedule, including extra travel dates. When I was a kid, a 5 game series had a 2-3 format, now they are 2-2-1 which adds a travel day. I haven't paid attention to the 7 game formats, but I assume they have gone away from 2-3-2 to 2-2-1-1-1, which would also add an additional 2 travel days per round. Factor in the 1 game play in, and you are looking at about an extra week of baseball.

paulwoods13
10-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Probably there would be no rain-out required, and anyway they are unlikely at Skydome.

Rainouts could happen at the other ballpark, causing cascading impact on the schedule. So between that and the possibility of a long Jays run into the WS with games scheduled as you indicated, it is entirely possible, if not likely, that we wont be playing at home again before playoffs. Just adds to the team-of-destiny storyline.

AngeloV
10-14-2015, 08:29 AM
Rainouts could happen at the other ballpark, causing cascading impact on the schedule. So between that and the possibility of a long Jays run into the WS with games scheduled as you indicated, it is entirely possible, if not likely, that we wont be playing at home again before playoffs. Just adds to the team-of-destiny storyline.

I think with all the extra travel dates they now have, it isn't as much of a concern. A travel date would be used up in order to make up a rained out game.

1argoholic
10-14-2015, 09:41 AM
If the Jays won World Series Game 7 on Nov 4th at the dome I highly doubt we'd be playing on the 6th. Rogers would surely schedule a parade on the 6th ending up with a stadium filled with Jays fans. If we finish third we wouldn't have a home playoff date. Stranger shite has happened and you heard it here first. haha.

ArgoRavi
10-14-2015, 11:46 AM
In all seriousness, Baseball is not meant to be played in November in many markets. Little things have added dates to prolong the schedule, including extra travel dates. When I was a kid, a 5 game series had a 2-3 format, now they are 2-2-1 which adds a travel day. I haven't paid attention to the 7 game formats, but I assume they have gone away from 2-3-2 to 2-2-1-1-1, which would also add an additional 2 travel days per round. Factor in the 1 game play in, and you are looking at about an extra week of baseball.

I don't know this for a fact but I am pretty sure they still do 2-3-2 for best of 7 series. Anyone know for sure? Today's game will have a huge impact on the Argos though. If Texas wins, the Argos should be able to play at home after this weekend for the rest of the season. If the Rangers lose, it might be a long time until the Argos play at SkyDome again, if they ever do.

R.J
10-14-2015, 03:26 PM
I don't know this for a fact but I am pretty sure they still do 2-3-2 for best of 7 series. Anyone know for sure? Today's game will have a huge impact on the Argos though. If Texas wins, the Argos should be able to play at home after this weekend for the rest of the season. If the Rangers lose, it might be a long time until the Argos play at SkyDome again, if they ever do.
I was really hoping that the Jays would lose on Sunday, but seeing as that didn't happen, there's no point in hoping anymore, I'm better off just thinking that at most we might get 3 more home games (including the one potential playoff game) the rest of this season.

argotom
10-14-2015, 09:36 PM
I have just read the team has signed a new punter Canadian Billy Pavlopoulos.
No mention if he will play this weekend, but you would think this is inevitable since Alix was horrid.

Will
10-14-2015, 09:39 PM
Billy Pavlopoulos was signed and subsequently released for a failed medical, Mr. Argotom.

argotom
10-14-2015, 09:42 PM
When did that happen?

ArgofanIan
10-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Got my tickets for this weekends game....I guess it will be nice to see the Stadium with out being forced to watch the Tigercats at the same time.....ha ha .... anyways if any one knows where CFL fans go before or after a game in Hamilton... down town or near the Stadium... please let me know.... Go ARGOS !!

ArgoRavi
10-14-2015, 11:53 PM
When did that happen?

That all happened today, AT.

Will
10-15-2015, 09:20 AM
That all happened today, AT.

Within the span of a few hours.

1971GreyCup
10-15-2015, 01:00 PM
Got my tickets for this weekends game....I guess it will be nice to see the Stadium with out being forced to watch the Tigercats at the same time.....ha ha .... anyways if any one knows where CFL fans go before or after a game in Hamilton... down town or near the Stadium... please let me know.... Go ARGOS !!

Certainly not around the Stadium! Probably downtown.

Tobythor
10-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Game two of the ALCS is scheduled for 4pm Saturday. I'm assuming that this will affect the crowd for the game, especially those in the Hamilton area that may have came out for something to do on a Saturday. I'll be surprised if there's more than 4,000 at the game. Most likely diehards only, Section 115 row 24 see you guys there!

ArgoGabe22
10-15-2015, 05:59 PM
If I didn't work weekends, i'd be there in a heartbeat.

paulwoods13
10-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Seems as if we will all be in Sec. 115.

ArgoZ
10-15-2015, 08:19 PM

Hess Village, (Hess St.) with its numerous bars, is a popular downtown place for some drinks after a Cats game. I don't know how that translates for a poorly attended Argo game. There will be lots of Jays post game watching fans there though. The Tavern has good pub food.

Buffalo Wild Wings on Centennial Ave near the QEW, which is the official Cats bar, is also a good option for a sports bar.

ArgoFan1
10-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Forget going to any bars !! TAILGATE TAILGATE TAILGATE.
Scott Park should be available for anyone to park in for a change since this is not a Ticat game and there are several parking lots North of the stadium that fill up with tailgaters. Take your food and drinks and arrive at least two hours before the game. Set up your lawn chairs and food table and hopefully the weather will co-operate for a great tailgate time.
They tailgate before every Ticat game around the stadium.

gilthethrill
10-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Frank Z reported in his article today that Kevin Elliott, a receiver for the Argos will not play due to "personal reasons". Been doing some reading on the Ti-Cats forum, sounds like there will a fair amount of Cats fans in attendance tomorrow with the intent of making things difficult for the "Home Team"....

Seems the worse things get for the Boatmen, the higher they rise....I expect them to win.

Screw Rogers.

Will
10-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Jerome Messam will not be in the lineup for Calgary and neither will Cornish as we know. Cornish has missed games against the Argos before, but the Stampeders have depth at RB which seems to win out lately against the Argos.

Antwon
10-16-2015, 01:03 PM
I just read that this game will be on ESPN3. Wonder if the league tried to pull it? A little embarrassing to have a regular season game played in a partially open stadium.

I can't make this one but will make the 23rd if it's there.

On a side note, it would have been a nice gesture if the Jays organization bought a couple hundred tickets for this game and handed them out to some charities. Seeing as the Argo organization and some players have cheered on the Jays run.
Unfortunately in southern Ontario too many fans and certain organizations seem to spite each other. Yes Rogers still sucks!

gilthethrill
10-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Jerome Messam will not be in the lineup for Calgary and neither will Cornish as we know. Cornish has missed games against the Argos before, but the Stampeders have depth at RB which seems to win out lately against the Argos.

I would not be surprised to see Messam in certain packages. I thought the Argos D did a fine job Monday against a fine RB tamdem of Sutton & Rutley though.

1971GreyCup
10-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Paladry to handle both k/p. Hamilton is a very challenging field for kickers. Even Swayze had a tough game last time he kicked there. I hope it doesn't come down to a kicking contest tomorrow.

1argoholic
10-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Calgary players will have practiced in crap weather already. It's supposed to be five or six and dropping to one tomorrow night. Not sure how windy it'll be but not great weather that's for sure.

AngeloV
10-16-2015, 03:18 PM
I would not be surprised to see Messam in certain packages. I thought the Argos D did a fine job Monday against a fine RB tamdem of Sutton & Rutley though.

He's not on the depth chart, so although not necessarily set in stone, I don't think he'll play.

Wobbler
10-16-2015, 04:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DEPTH CHART: Check out who will suit up for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> tomorrow vs. the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CalStampeders?src=hash">#CalStampeders</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a> <a href="http://t.co/cGEQqWjrfU">pic.twitter.com/cGEQqWjrfU</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/655050913472761857">October 16, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Circelli and Herbert to be scratched, I suspect.

Ballstothewall
10-16-2015, 04:43 PM
I just read that this game will be on ESPN3. Wonder if the league tried to pull it? A little embarrassing to have a regular season game played in a partially open stadium.

I can't make this one but will make the 23rd if it's there.

On a side note, it would have been a nice gesture if the Jays organization bought a couple hundred tickets for this game and handed them out to some charities. Seeing as the Argo organization and some players have cheered on the Jays run.
Unfortunately in southern Ontario too many fans and certain organizations seem to spite each other. Yes Rogers still sucks!
You make a good point, yeah it would have been nice for Rogers, a huge Canada company to buy some tickets and give them out to charities, but that would mean Rogers has a soul.

T-Bone
10-16-2015, 04:45 PM
You make a good point, yeah it would have been nice for Rogers, a huge Canada company to buy some tickets and give them out to charities, but that would mean Rogers has a soul.
No corporation has a soul they are corporations. Most do charity work for recognition aka advertising and tax breaks, probably more for the latter.

paulwoods13
10-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Given that at least some of us will be clustered together for the first time in Sec. 115, I am choosing to view this as a celebration -- a game being played privately for the viewing enjoyment of a select group of Argo fans. For the record, I will be sitting in row 20, seats 16 and 17 if anyone wants to say hello. Bringing my dad as my usual ST partner, my daughter, is under the weather.

1971GreyCup
10-16-2015, 04:51 PM

It looks like sunny and brisk 6 C for the Hamilton tomorrow.

Argo
10-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Given that at least some of us will be clustered together for the first time in Sec. 115, I am choosing to view this as a celebration -- a game being played privately for the viewing enjoyment of a select group of Argo fans. For the record, I will be sitting in row 20, seats 16 and 17 if anyone wants to say hello. Bringing my dad as my usual ST partner, my daughter, is under the weather.

This is a good view to take ([edit] cooperate weather). I'd certainly have gone to this game too, except for a commitment elsewhere.

ArgoFan1
10-17-2015, 12:42 AM
I will be in row 10, seats 3 and 4. They offered me row 1, but I didn't want to sit that low. I prefer to be higher up to see the plays. Looks like it will get pretty cold and wet during the game. I am going well prepared, heavy coats, several layers, gloves, fur hat and a rain poncho. Don't forget the rain poncho !!

Fumblitis
10-17-2015, 12:55 AM
You know the irony of all this is that the Argos have been the hated foes of Cats fans for over a century and yet when the Argos show up there tomorrow, Caretaker Bob will treat them a hundred times better than those shifty f$&kers Rogers.

Deerkeeper
10-17-2015, 08:41 AM
You know the irony of all this is that the Argos have been the hated foes of Cats fans for over a century and yet when the Argos show up there tomorrow, Caretaker Bob will treat them a hundred times better than those shifty f$&kers Rogers.
Bob Young gets it. He understands how a rivalry works. You can hate the team, but respect the franchise and do what you can to help in difficult times. Unfortunately, over on the Tiger-Cat form, most of the posters don't seem to understand that, and that the two go hand in hand and offer every bit of ill will they can to the Argos situation. The Ticats are my second favourite team (never got into the rivalry) but I do have problems liking a lot of their fan base.

Wish I could go today, but I have to work. Have fun and be loud everyone.

Will
10-17-2015, 09:06 AM
I'll be sitting up top with the Ticat ruffians :) as one of my friends got tickets through them that cost decidedly less than $35.00.

1971GreyCup
10-17-2015, 09:12 AM
I'll be sitting up top with the Ticat ruffians :) as one of my friends got tickets through them that cost decidedly less than $35.00.

If this is like Ottawa or Fort MacMurray, you'll be able to sit wherever you damn well please. With exception to the end of the Argos bench. We'll buy a pair of $25 tickets and move to 115 unless anyone on this site has freebies!

Johno27
10-17-2015, 09:12 AM

I would like to echo these excellent sentiments, too! Well put, Paul. I will be in Sec. 115, Row 5, Seats 29 and 30. It would be a pleasure to meet more Argo fans, and in particular, fellow Forum members. I might add that this occasion could also be considered symbolic of solidarity in support for our Argos, and looking ahead, perhaps the start of a tradition for the rest of the season and moving forward into BMO next year.

I am imagining the Argo players acknowledging our support today, turning en masse in our direction and raising their helmets in salute! Wouldn't it be marvelous if it happens on the heels of another great victory in the face of adversity.

Hope to make some new acquaintances today. Go Argos!!!!!

Will
10-17-2015, 09:32 AM
If this is like Ottawa or Fort MacMurray, you'll be able to sit wherever you damn well please. With exception to the end of the Argos bench. We'll buy a pair of $25 tickets and move to 115 unless anyone on this site has freebies!

I was in Ft. McMurray and, yes, I sat wherever I damned well pleased. It was too bloody hot to stay put for three hours.

1971GreyCup
10-17-2015, 09:42 AM
I would like to echo these excellent sentiments, too! Well put, Paul. I will be in Sec. 115, Row 5, Seats 29 and 30. It would be a pleasure to meet more Argo fans, and in particular, fellow Forum members. I might add that this occasion could also be considered symbolic of solidarity in support for our Argos, and looking ahead, perhaps the start of a tradition for the rest of the season and moving forward into BMO next year.

I am imagining the Argo players acknowledging our support today, turning en masse in our direction and raising their helmets in salute! Wouldn't it be marvelous if it happens on the heels of another great victory in the face of adversity.

Hope to make some new acquaintances today. Go Argos!!!!!

Johno27, Great idea! Argos players should recognize the hardcore fans somehow at this game. We're in the same boat. Band together and get through this!

AngeloV
10-17-2015, 09:44 AM
I was in Ft. McMurray and, yes, I sat wherever I damned well pleased. It was too bloody hot to stay put for three hours.

LOL...I wish it was too bloody hot today.

Will
10-17-2015, 09:45 AM
LOL...I wish it was too bloody hot today.

Ach, think of it as practice for next season.

1971GreyCup
10-17-2015, 09:57 AM
Johno27, Great idea! Argos players should recognize the hardcore fans somehow at this game. We're in the same boat. Band together and get through this!

We sat right behind the team in the direct sunshine? I am pretty sure we set a record of water bottle consumption that day. Free shades provided!

ArgoGabe22
10-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Anyone bringing an anti-Rogers sign to the game?

argonaut11xx
10-17-2015, 12:33 PM
T-Bone used to arrange argofan get togethers...seems like this may be the best chance to actually have a bunch from this forum to actually meet up.

While we sometime get a little hostile with each other on the forum, once you meet up, it really does change attitudes, and you may even make a few new friends.

Hopefully a bunch of you folks who are going to the game can meet up.

Wobbler
10-17-2015, 03:12 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Scratches: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> S. Herbert, S. Mitchell. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Stampeders?src=hash">#Stampeders</a>: R. Richards, B. Boudreaux. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFL?src=hash">#CFL</a></p>&mdash; Mike Hogan (@tsnmikehogan) <a href="https://twitter.com/tsnmikehogan/status/655460747334414336">October 17, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Man, I just never get these right. In retrospect it makes sense that we'd want to dress one interior and one outside lineman as backups, but I didn't think we had much confidence in Circelli. I think this is his first game with us - go Joe!

"Issues"Mcgee
10-17-2015, 04:16 PM
The hell was Harris doing there? Come back, Ricky.

argonaut11xx
10-17-2015, 04:23 PM
On TV, its looks worse than a game at Pickering High School (crowd wise).

However, as loud as the Ticat fans are cheering for the points off the INT, the Argofans who are in attendance are being heard loud and clear on the television broadcast.

1argoholic
10-17-2015, 05:30 PM
This is how you suck the life out of a fan base and the team it cheers for. What an F'ing shiteshow. No one there and people on the forum were right as Hamilton fans are too cheap to support the CFL unless Hamilton is playing. One year I went to all the Argo games and 6 or 7 Cats games.

Harris isn't ready for a big pay increase. He looks like crap.

To be honest wouldn't you just be sunk as an Argonaut at this point? This season sucks and Rogers swallows.

argonaut11xx
10-17-2015, 05:46 PM
KUDO's to the Argofan who is hammering the cowbell....

thats the TV highlight so far

1argoholic
10-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Huge break as one angle you could see the ball hitting the ground. I'll take the td though.

1argoholic
10-17-2015, 06:03 PM
REALLY Milanovich!!!! FIELD FRIGGIN GOAL!!!!

Neely2005
10-17-2015, 06:09 PM
I actually don't mind that call. Sucks that it didn't work out but nice to see Millanovich not being conservative like he usually is.

1argoholic
10-17-2015, 06:20 PM
You've sucked most of the game so you need to get the points. I know Milanovich usually makes Harper look like a Liberal.

"Issues"Mcgee
10-17-2015, 06:43 PM

Are you surprised by this? Harris has been throwing into heavy coverage and making poor decisions all season. He can't hit a moving target. Every receiver has to stop in order to catch his passes. Sure, it works against mediocre teams like Ottawa and Montreal but, look how close those games have been. I think now it's pretty clear that we can't beat top teams with Harris as our QB. Hopefully this game cures whatever disease the "Harris is our #1" people on this forum are suffering from.

Wobbler
10-17-2015, 06:46 PM
I think now it's pretty clear that we can't beat top teams with Harris as our QB.
We haven't been able to beat top teams, but I'm not sure why you've concluded that it's all because of Harris. That seems quite unlikely.

Bleeds Double Blue
10-17-2015, 07:03 PM
Game over. That was about as ugly as it gets.

gilthethrill
10-17-2015, 07:57 PM
That holding call that called back Spencers return TD really hurt. Yurichuk did not have to hold his man, but for some reason he did. Really thought the Argo had momentum until the 3rd down gamble call. O-line looked horrible but Harris looked off today. I see the Argos bouncing back Friday night at home...I mean Hamilton of course......

TheHammer
10-17-2015, 07:59 PM
This is how you suck the life out of a fan base and the team it cheers for. What an F'ing shiteshow. No one there and people on the forum were right as Hamilton fans are too cheap to support the CFL unless Hamilton is playing. One year I went to all the Argo games and 6 or 7 Cats games.

To be honest wouldn't you just be sunk as an Argonaut at this point? This season sucks and Rogers swallows.

Totally unfair. It is not the job of Ticat fans to support this game. We never asked for it and in fact most of us were against it. We're not going to do your dirty work and support your team just because you won't. I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting. The failure of this game to get a big crowd lies solely on Argo fans who wouldn't make a 45 minute trip down the QEW to watch their team. Ticat fans did it in Guelph... Argo fans could have done it today.

Just a thought: aside from a Grey Cup game, how many Argo supporters would show up to a game at Rogers or BMO that involved two non-Argo teams?

One more thought to add: while many Argo fans hate the Jays, Hamilton loves the Jays. Had those two games today not overlapped, you may have seen a few more Hamiltonians there. But again, not our obligation. We'd miss the Jays game for the Ticats, but definitely not the Argos.

Argo57
10-17-2015, 08:35 PM

You're anger is severely misplaced on this one, Hamilton fans sell out Tim Hortons Field for their own team, why would you suggest that they are somehow obligated to fill the stadium for the Argonauts playing Calgary, if anything they did the Argos a favour by staying away and not cheering for Calgary.
Argonaut supporters seem to struggle to show up in Toronto no surprise in what happened today.

OV Argo
10-17-2015, 08:38 PM
The hell was Harris doing there? Come back, Ricky.

OK - Harris had an off game, but he still has been excellent for a young QB most of this season.

Got to wonder why there would be no thought of putting in Ray in to get some playing time - when it seemed clear that Harris was struggling and the game was not winnable pretty well ???

Is the thinking that this is Harris' team now come hell or high water? Certainly you would not think it would wreck his confidence to give way to a HOF type QB to get him some work and shake off some rust? OR - is Ray just not healthy enough and ready to play? - hope not because he could come in very handy in a big play-off game IF Harris struggles like this again and the offence needs a boost.

Argo57
10-17-2015, 08:43 PM
OK - Harris had an off game, but he still has been excellent for a young QB most of this season.

Got to wonder why there would be no thought of putting in Ray in to get some playing time - when it seemed clear that Harris was struggling and the game was not winnable pretty well ???

Is the thinking that this is Harris' team now come hell or high water? Certainly you would not think it would wreck his confidence to give way to a HOF type QB to get him some work and shake off some rust? OR - is Ray just not healthy enough and ready to play? - hope not because he could come in very handy in a big play-off game IF Harris struggles like this again and the offence needs a boost.

My guess is he is not quite ready yet.

1argoholic
10-17-2015, 08:47 PM
While I was living in Port Credit I sure as hell would have gone to TO to watch two teams even if TO wasn't playing and it wasn't Grey Cup. I watch every CFL game on tv. Things have changed now that we live half an hour north east of Peterborough. I'm really surprised that at least a few Cats fans didn't show up. I'm a CFL fan not just an Argo fan.
I just think that this whole season has blown large for the Argos and their fans. This is way worse then Hamilton being displaced as they knew they would be moving into a beautiful new stadium which was all their own. Argos will be moving into TFC's Stadium as second class citizens yet a friggingen.

This game made the CFL look like crap.

Argo57
10-17-2015, 09:04 PM
While I was living in Port Credit I sure as hell would have gone to TO to watch two teams even if TO wasn't playing and it wasn't Grey Cup. I watch every CFL game on tv. Things have changed now that we live half an hour north east of Peterborough. I'm really surprised that at least a few Cats fans didn't show up. I'm a CFL fan not just an Argo fan.
I just think that this whole season has blown large for the Argos and their fans. This is way worse then Hamilton being displaced as they knew they would be moving into a beautiful new stadium which was all their own. Argos will be moving into TFC's Stadium as second class citizens yet a friggingen.

I watch most CFL games on TV but admittedly wouldn't be interested in watching Montreal-BC in Toronto, I love the league but my true interest lies with the Argos.
I am around the Hamilton area a lot and to be honest you do see Blue Jay as well as Leafs jerseys and caps everywhere.
The truth is Hamilton fans follow and support Toronto sports teams not named the Argonauts.
Back to your other points, this season has been a royal joke for Argonaut supporters and totally embarrassing for the team and the CFL, amazed they have the win-loss record that they do to be honest.
Next season will be much better with committed ownership and a new venue, keep the faith Argoholic.

Double Dare
10-17-2015, 09:15 PM
I know Milanovich usually makes Harper look like a Liberal. Ha, ha.

OK -

Is the thinking that this is Harris' team now come hell or high water? Certainly you would not think it would wreck his confidence to give way to a HOF type QB to get him some work and shake off some rust? OR - is Ray just not healthy enough and ready to play? - hope not because he could come in very handy in a big play-off game IF Harris struggles like this again and the offence needs a boost. Yep.

1971GreyCup
10-17-2015, 09:37 PM
We made the trip down to Hamilton today. Paid $10 for a pair and moved down into good seats in Section 116. At the end of the day, I think we overpaid. Typical boorish behaviour from Ticats fans. Not a family friendly place.

Argo57
10-17-2015, 09:51 PM
We made the trip down to Hamilton today. Paid $10 for a pair and moved down into good seats in Section 116. At the end of the day, I think we overpaid. Typical boorish behaviour from Ticats fans. Not a family friendly place.

I have Ticat season tickets this year and won't be renewing for the reasons you have stated.
Proudly can't relate to the behaviour displayed at these games, trust me I have also seen some real specimens in Toronto at games but nothing in comparison to what you see at THF.

ArgoFan1
10-17-2015, 09:56 PM
I was at the game, so could not tell how many people were there. From one's seat the place looks pretty full, but you cannot tell unless you are looking directly at it from a distance. I should have recorded it on television to see how it looked. We tried to make noise, but there was not a whole lot of it. Biggest noise maker was a Ticat fan banging on a big cowbell with a drum stick when the Argos had the ball. Some jerk got into a tussle with him and stole his cow bell. he was ejected, but walked away with the cow bell. Luckily someone in the row ahead of me grabbed it out of his hands to return it, before I was able to get to him. Unfortunately, both were ejected from the game. Sadly the Ticat fan was doing nothing wrong.

Argos really, really sucked today. Nothing went right. there were a few moments when it looked like they may be about to start their usual fourth quarter comeback, but then they's suck all over again. Why, oh why did they not kick the field goal when they had third and three. The big turning point right there. Well, one of them.

I'll be back again for Friday's game as I never miss a game. It is supposed to be not so cold next game. Was actually not too bad today as I dressed warm and wore a warm hat. I am lucky now that I am recently retired, so it is not a big rush to get there after work.

1971GreyCup
10-17-2015, 10:05 PM
I am afraid he road to the Grey Cup goes through Hamilton. Grey Cup opponents will be Edmonton or Calgary. All three have exceptional coaching and defences. Absolutely no room for error. This game turned on the interception. A quick six points given to a Hufnagel coached team. The kickoff return called back seemed like a killer at the time. I am afraid the Ticats, Stampeders and Eskimos know how to play our offence. Reminded me a lot of the dreadful games in Hamilton and in Edmonton and Calgary.

I hope I am wrong

ArgoGabe22
10-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Ticats fan with the cowbell purposely rang it in an Argo fan's ear and was asked to stop. Since he didn't stop, that's when someone intervened to take the damn thing away.

TheHammer
10-17-2015, 10:11 PM

Well kudos to you then. But plain and simple most fans aren't like that, but a few are. I do know for a fact that some Ticat fans went. I still believe that if the Cats-Stamps played in TO and it wasn't Grey Cup, you'd be lucky to get a couple hundred Argo fans there, and I would never expect there to be. I'll say it again.. It is not our obligation to support this game. It is not our fault that there was only a crowd of 3,400 there. The real fault lies with the thousands of Argo fans who couldn't travel 45 minutes down the Queen Lizzie to watch their team possibly clinch a playoff spot against the defending champions. I'm not really sure what moving in to BMO vs moving in to THF has to do with anything. So because you feel screwed, you're giving up and not going to a neutral sight game? I feel for Argo fans for the crap that's gone on, but that's just lame.

Hypothetically, had the Ticats only had 2-3 thousand for their games in Guelph, who would you have blamed? The people of Guelph? Or Ticat fans who couldn't go 45 minutes to support their team?

R.J
10-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Are you surprised by this? Harris has been throwing into heavy coverage and making poor decisions all season. He can't hit a moving target. Every receiver has to stop in order to catch his passes. Sure, it works against mediocre teams like Ottawa and Montreal but, look how close those games have been. I think now it's pretty clear that we can't beat top teams with Harris as our QB. Hopefully this game cures whatever disease the "Harris is our #1" people on this forum are suffering from.
Thumbs up from me.

I'd have to agree argoholic, I haven't missed a single game since mid 2007, I love the CFL, not just the Argonauts or Bombers.

AngeloV
10-17-2015, 11:40 PM

My guess is he is not quite ready yet.

My guess was to not ruin Harris' confidence and make him feel that he needs to look over his shoulder every time a couple of mistakes are made. We were debating this at the half, and I said I hope they leave Harris in there.

I am afraid he road to the Grey Cup goes through Hamilton. Grey Cup opponents will be Edmonton or Calgary. All three have exceptional coaching and defences. Absolutely no room for error. This game turned on the interception. A quick six points given to a Hufnagel coached team. The kickoff return called back seemed like a killer at the time. I am afraid the Ticats, Stampeders and Eskimos know how to play our offence. Reminded me a lot of the dreadful games in Hamilton and in Edmonton and Calgary.

I hope I am wrong

I'm not too worried about today's bad offensive showing. It was 3 games in 11 days. A good team like Calgary being well rested, coming off a loss is not a great scenario...especially with 2 more days of rest.

Stevoman
10-18-2015, 12:59 AM
Tough game. Argos were the worst I've seen in a long time but I think it was an aberration. They will perform much better on Friday and Harris will redeem himself.

R.J
10-18-2015, 01:04 AM
I'm not too worried about today's bad offensive showing. It was 3 games in 11 days. A good team like Calgary being well rested, coming off a loss is not a great scenario...especially with 2 more days of rest.
As Milanovich says "no excuses". From my perspective the team didn't look tired, Harris just played horribly and the lack of a running game reared it ugly head once again, defense played as expected, at least IMO.

ArgoRavi
10-18-2015, 01:19 AM

Agreed, AV. My hope is that this will be the final loss of the season and that the Argos run the table from here. I still believe that they are capable of it.

Tough game. Argos were the worst I've seen in a long time but I think it was an aberration. They will perform much better on Friday and Harris will redeem himself.

I agree with Stevoman here as well. This is a tough league and, given all that the Argos have been through, 9-6 and in the playoffs is not too shabby at all. You have to learn from a game like this and use it to become a better team and I am confident that they will do just that.

As Milanovich says "no excuses". From my perspective the team didn't look tired, Harris just played horribly and the lack of a running game reared it ugly head once again, defense played as expected, at least IMO.

I thought that the defence played reasonably well. The Argos gifted Calgary six points in the first quarter on the first Smith interception so the defence basically gave up 21 points other than that. With a better offensive performance today, the Argos could have won. There were also some key penalties on special teams which hurt them.

According to Ray himself at the end of this article, he isn't quite ready to play: http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2015/10/17/argos-lose-to-stampeders-in-home-game-in-hamilton.html

Wobbler
10-18-2015, 02:16 AM
Yeah, the real question is whether it might have been a good idea to put McPherson in for a series to let Harris cool down; he looked pretty frustrated. I doubt that it would have helped, but in retrospect it was probably worth a shot.

I'm judging by the highlights, by the way - I wasn't even able to see live video of this game.

PullTogether73
10-18-2015, 04:01 AM
Well kudos to you then. But plain and simple most fans aren't like that, but a few are. I do know for a fact that some Ticat fans went. I still believe that if the Cats-Stamps played in TO and it wasn't Grey Cup, you'd be lucky to get a couple hundred Argo fans there, and I would never expect there to be. I'll say it again.. It is not our obligation to support this game. It is not our fault that there was only a crowd of 3,400 there. The real fault lies with the thousands of Argo fans who couldn't travel 45 minutes down the Queen Lizzie to watch their team possibly clinch a playoff spot against the defending champions. I'm not really sure what moving in to BMO vs moving in to THF has to do with anything. So because you feel screwed, you're giving up and not going to a neutral sight game? I feel for Argo fans for the crap that's gone on, but that's just lame.

Hypothetically, had the Ticats only had 2-3 thousand for their games in Guelph, who would you have blamed? The people of Guelph? Or Ticat fans who couldn't go 45 minutes to support their team?

Totally agree.
Blaming Tiger-cats fans for poor attendance at an Argonauts game is ridiculous.
Furthermore, there WERE some Tiger-cats fans at this game, including the guy who was ejected after pounding on his cowbell in the ear of the Argos fans in front of him (I was sitting in the row behind and several seats away).

FYI, not all of us are a 45 minute drive from THF. 90 minutes from just each of The Beach neighbourhood in southwest Scarborough.

Deerkeeper
10-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Not that I am complaining. CFRB comes in a hell of a lot better in Barrie than TSN Radio and I was actually able to hear the game on my way home from work, but what was TSN's excuse. Was there some really big American sporting event that they just had to cover, like the US National Caber Tossing Championships. Being kicked out of their home stadium is one thing, now they are being kicked off their home radio station as well.

1971GreyCup
10-18-2015, 08:22 AM
We travelled from north of Whitby, closer to 2 hours, so the distance and time wasn't an issue.

The clown with the cowbell, refused to tame it down and rang it in the ears of 2 small children. They were the junior Argos Admirals and refused to do anything about it, like move. With all the room in the stadium, a solution could have been found. Speak to Clay if you have an issue but the boys were terrified and don't want to go to any more games now. Certainly, this isn't what the CFL is about.

PullTogether73
10-18-2015, 08:25 AM
If I recall correctly, TSN 1050 had some U.S. college football broadcast on.
I have no idea why that trumped the Argos game.

Gill The Thrill
10-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Since Fan590 has exclusive Blow Jays coverage, The Leafs were on TSN1050 even though there game started at 7pm. You know the Leafs get bounced around between TSN1050 and FAN590 radio and so do the Raptors as this is their shared arrangement since Bell and Rogers bought into MLSE. A real joke really as the Blue Jays are the only team that has a dedicated station.

At least they warned fans of the move to CFRB 1010, but what really pissed me off was no pre-game and absolutely no post-game show...what a joke? I got into my car after the game hoping to hear some post game and zilch, nada, zip. Heard the Jays go 1-2-3 in the 9th inning on the drive home and it gave me some satisfaction. This coming from a guy who was cheering for them earlier in the season, until they clinched the AL East but is sickened by all the coverage and the cheerleading by Rogers corp.

PS- Is it me, but I'm not all that impressed with the bat toss by Bautista. The more I see and hear this guy, the more of a jerk he seems to me.

If I recall correctly, TSN 1050 had some U.S. college football broadcast on.
I have no idea why that trumped the Argos game.Was hearing Blue Jays talk by local announcer before the Argo game.

This TSN exclusive partnership can't end soon enough, as I was thinking that the Argos need another radio station, maybe even stay at CFRB and that the CFL could use another TV station. I think Global is slowly building their way back into sportscasting and would present a good alternative to the flip flopping that TSN has given the CFL this year. Global did sports production very well at one time and use to have the rights to many Canadian NHL team mid week games including the Leafs dating back to the 80's and 90's. Shaw cable is league sponsor this season as well.

From bad to worse when considering the Argos are on ANOTHER SHORT WEEK. They better get favourable scheduling next year from the league.How is the league responsible for Argo home date availability???

Totally agree.
Blaming Tiger-cats fans for poor attendance at an Argonauts game is ridiculous.
Furthermore, there WERE some Tiger-cats fans at this game, including the guy who was ejected after pounding on his cowbell in the ear of the Argos fans in front of him (I was sitting in the row behind and several seats away).

FYI, not all of us are a 45 minute drive from THF. 90 minutes from just each of The Beach neighbourhood in southwest Scarborough.1 hour with traffic and from the west end. 45 minutes would be early on Saturday or Sunday morning. Too many Ticat fans were there, the ones that don't cheer for the cats and just say Argos sucks...I guess they didn't spend their entire welfare cheque on crack and could still get to the game.

To be fair, some Ticat fans were big football fans and just enjoyed the game...to the ones who say they hate Toronto but wear Blue Jays paraphenalia, stick your Jays stuff u know where.

Would've much preferred this game stay in 416 area code at York University where at least Argo fans would not been subjected to Ticat fan crackheads. THF is a nice stadium though.

Johno27
10-18-2015, 08:47 AM
I would cut the Argos some slack. I agree, when you consider all the issues with this team during the season overall it is amazing their record is 9 and 6.

The combination of an interception and penalty call on the kickoff return TD was a stab to the heart and Calgary never looked back. Good team that they are, they went for the throat and never allowed the Argos to seize any momentum, even after Tori Gurley's inspired effort on his TD. Clearly Trevor Harris wasn't in good form, wasn't himself, but I don't think he should be crucified for that. He has proven to be mentally tough. As such, I believe this experience will make him a better QB in the long run. The offense was out of synch for long stretches and put the defense in bad situations, especially in the first quarter. That having been said, the defense performed admirably, but they are neither ready yet to dominate at this stage of their development, nor to compensate for various deficiencies in offense and special teams like the elite clubs: Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton.

Will
10-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Some questionable decisions by Milanovich in this game, the most notable of which was the decision to go for it on 3rd and 3 when a FG would have made reduced Calgary's lead to 17-10. The defense had been playing fairly well up until that point, but unraveled pretty well after that. Their RB's seemed to have their way and Rogers was wiiidee open on that bomb he dropped. But, I can hardly blame the defense for a suspect performance by the offense.

Trevor Harris set the tone with that early interception as Johno27 pointed out, and really never got on track. The OL didn't help him out very much and receivers didn't have a great performance either dropping some passes. Unfortunately, teams like Hamilton, Edmonton and Calgary have been able to shut the Argos offense down, and those are ultimately the teams we will have to beat to win in the playoffs. Penalties were, once again, an issue as well.

The experience at THF was eerie. From the tailgate in Lot J before the game with not too many cars to staring at a blank west side. BTW, I usually sit on the upper deck, west side for games there and I prefer those seats much more than the upper deck, east sides from a sightlines POV. The Ticat fans in the upper deck were cheering for Calgary, but only a handful were obnoxiously doing so. I think most understood the situation. I noticed the "CaptainPower" guy getting thrown out, but didn't know the circumstances for it. Unless he purchased a ticket from the Argos (I'll assume he didn't) he had no reason for being on the lower deck.

Gill The Thrill
10-18-2015, 09:12 AM
Trevor Harris was awful, can this guy not throw the ball on a rope. Even his TD passes were lofts that the receivers had to adjust for, it was brutal. His passes reminded me of Tanner Marsh's passes.

Milanovich's play calling was also terrible, and the lack of a run game was clearly evident in the cooler weather. The frustrating thing is that they could actually run more with Whitaker, but idiot Milanovich refuses to call more run plays, and it didn't become 17-0 until late in the 2nd quarter, so there's no excuse that they were too far down.

Argo57
10-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Was hearing Blue Jays talk by local announcer before the Argo game.

This TSN exclusive partnership can't end soon enough, as I was thinking that the Argos need another radio station, maybe even stay at CFRB and that the CFL could use another TV station. I think Global is slowly building their way back into sportscasting and would present a good alternative to the flip flopping that TSN has given the CFL this year. Global did sports production very well at one time and use to have the rights to many Canadian NHL team mid week games including the Leafs dating back to the 80's and 90's. Shaw cable is league sponsor this season as well.

I'm with you, TSN confuses the hell out of me, they pay good money for the CFL broadcasting rights then proceeds to handle it like a second rate product (particularly this season), I hope the league does open the bidding up and has 2 or so networks carry the games moving forward when the current deal ends.

shayman
10-18-2015, 10:02 AM
That was just a weird experience yesterday in so many ways. Ticat fans where I was were pretty calm and, to my relief, couldn't really seem to get an "Argos Suck" cheer going.

After 20 years in a dome, it was bracing to have a home game outside in cooler weather. Much to think about before next season.

We should all be grateful to the Ticats for sharing their home. I fear it will be even weirder on Friday as a 7:00 start is going to make it even harder for a lot of fans to get there.

Argo
10-18-2015, 11:33 AM
The clown with the cowbell, refused to tame it down and rang it in the ears of 2 small children.

I really despise anti-social behaviour, from the Prime Minister on down to the humblest misbehaver. The failure to ever grow up to become a mature, empathetic, adult who considers others is all too common in today's world.

AngeloV
10-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Some questionable decisions by Milanovich in this game, the most notable of which was the decision to go for it on 3rd and 3 when a FG would have made reduced Calgary's lead to 17-10. The defense had been playing fairly well up until that point, but unraveled pretty well after that.

I didn't have an issue with the decision to go on 3rd. My only issue was that there was some confusion coming out the huddle, and with the play clock ticking down, rather than rush the snap, they should have called a time out. It was obvious they were losing the field position game due to the punting situation, and I get that they felt they needed 7 rather than 3 at that time.

For the record, Gurley was wide open on his curl, had the ball not been batted down at the line.

Gill The Thrill
10-18-2015, 01:36 PM
That was just a weird experience yesterday in so many ways. Ticat fans where I was were pretty calm and, to my relief, couldn't really seem to get an "Argos Suck" cheer going.

After 20 years in a dome, it was bracing to have a home game outside in cooler weather. Much to think about before next season.

We should all be grateful to the Ticats for sharing their home. I fear it will be even weirder on Friday as a 7:00 start is going to make it even harder for a lot of fans to get there.The first half was fine, but boy did that wind and cold really set in when the sun set down, but it was real football weather. You really have to wonder how much leeway we should give to TV networks deciding the time of late season games. It's no wonder the Grey Cup, with a 5:30 local start time in Winnipeg in late November is not exactly selling like hotcakes is it. It may be a little easier sell with the whole game played under sunlight and a 1:30 or 2 pm local start like the good old days. Out of town fans can even pick up a flight in the evening and be home in their own beds for Monday morning.

Ballstothewall
10-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Interesting, that TFC played Sat also in a half empty BMO stadium. They lost 2 to 0, yet the 2 page spread in the Sun, did not really cover the game, most of the story was about the playoff picture. There was no mention of attendance or the small crowd at BMO. Argo story in the Sun, had the attendance reported and spent time on the small crowd and lack of energy in the stadium. This is typical of how non MLSE teams get reported about. Hope this changes next year

Gill The Thrill
10-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Interesting, that TFC played Sat also in a half empty BMO stadium. They lost 2 to 0, yet the 2 page spread in the Sun, did not really cover the game, most of the story was about the playoff picture. There was no mention of attendance or the small crowd at BMO. Argo story in the Sun, had the attendance reported and spent time on the small crowd and lack of energy in the stadium. This is typical of how non MLSE teams get reported about. Hope this changes next yearNoticed that and biting my tongue also...I think it's time to sic Angelo on Frank Zicarelli next time he sees him at practice at Downsview...rofl
http://f.tqn.com/y/grammar/1/W/V/y/-/-/Getty_sic_and_sick-10079987.jpg

AngeloV
10-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Noticed that and biting my tongue also...I think it's time to sic Angelo on Frank Zicarelli next time he sees at him practice at Downsview...rofl
http://f.tqn.com/y/grammar/1/W/V/y/-/-/Getty_sic_and_sick-10079987.jpg

I would, but I leave at the end of practice, which is when he usually shows up. LOL.

timlb01
10-18-2015, 05:44 PM
I could not stand the call to go for the 1st down in the 3rd quarter! That was a momentum changer. When is Swazye back? What is Chad Owens status? Is Ricky Ray not going to play this year? Is he still not 100% and are they just being cautious with him? Could this be a strategy so they can sign both Ray and Harris next year? I think the Argos are going to have to chose one guy or the other and based on age and other factors I think they will have to go with Harris. I hate the lack of coverage on the team.

The attendence at the THF was much worse than I anticipated. I thought it would be more like 6k there. I am so disappointed. There will probably be even fewer people at the Friday game. I wish we could play at Varsity Stadium.

Can we get a "Rogers Sucks" chant going!! I was yelling it and a lot of people thought I was referring to Eric Rogers of the Stamps. That was funny. Love the guy with the Rogers Sucks sign!

ArgofanIan
10-18-2015, 10:56 PM
Really like THF.... lots of open spaces where you can watch the game if you want to walk around the stadium ... was a bit cool but I think I am going to enjoy being outside next year..... Think at some point soon Hamilton deserves to host a grey cup IMO .... its a long drive to Hamilton but was lots of the die hard Argo and Cats fans there.... Think next year in our new digs is going to be great if its any thing like THF... Don't think I can make it on the 23rd due to work.... but I am glad I went on the weekend to support the team and see THF ... Looking forward to next year.... and a strong finish this year...Go ARGOS !!!!!

argolio
10-19-2015, 12:14 AM
There were too many Ticats fans there for my liking.

Other than the obvious of losing the turnover battle, I thought the other main difference was that the Stamps had better line play than us, which really doesn't surprise me considering we had another short week.

At least next week our opponent will have a shorter week than us.

AngeloV
10-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Really like THF.... lots of open spaces where you can watch the game if you want to walk around the stadium ... was a bit cool but I think I am going to enjoy being outside next year..... Think at some point soon Hamilton deserves to host a grey cup IMO .... its a long drive to Hamilton but was lots of the die hard Argo and Cats fans there.... Think next year in our new digs is going to be great if its any thing like THF... Don't think I can make it on the 23rd due to work.... but I am glad I went on the weekend to support the team and see THF ... Looking forward to next year.... and a strong finish this year...Go ARGOS !!!!!

Very well said.

1argoholic
10-19-2015, 03:25 PM
If I lived in Hamilton and was a CFL fan I'd be pumped that a few extra games just landed in our city. This has squat to do with Toronto fans who showed up or not. You are either a CFL fan or not. Why not show up and BOOO your hated rivals. It would be a blast. I loved going to Hamilton when the Argos weren't playing. I guess I obviously have a different view. Yes I love the Argos but I also love the league. My view only, this isn't ripping other fans so just chill. I can also see why Cats fans don't want to watch TO in their stadium. Let's face it this year is the SHITS and Rogers are SCUM!!! No reason the bloody field couldn't be switched over by this arseholes.

If I still lived in Port Credit I would never miss a game but living over two hours north east of the Dome makes even getting to the dome a royal pain in the ass let alone when games are moved to Hamilton. I've decided that seasons will be out for next year and we'll just hit a few games. With this falls weather I don't need a trip down memory lane to CNE days. I'll stay warm with quality beer and great food at home.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8