PDA

View Full Version : Rob Murphy, Taylor Robertson and Alex Buzbee

ArgoRavi
03-07-2012, 08:23 PM
All of these players are still unsigned. Will any of them find a home in 2012? I would guess that Robertson at least will end up somewhere but will likely have to take a pay cut. Murphy will have to take a sizable pay cut if he wants to continue playing. I am surprised that nobody has jumped on Buzbee yet. The free agent frenzy around the league ended pretty quickly as there has been very little movement over the last couple of weeks.

AngeloV
03-07-2012, 10:32 PM
All of these players are still unsigned. Will any of them find a home in 2012? I would guess that Robertson at least will end up somewhere but will likely have to take a pay cut. Murphy will have to take a sizable pay cut if he wants to continue playing. I am surprised that nobody has jumped on Buzbee yet. The free agent frenzy around the league ended pretty quickly as there has been very little movement over the last couple of weeks.

Import back-up d-lineman aren't exactly in high demand as far as must sign guys go. I think he's a decent player and will sign somewhere before camps open, but is not a sure thing to make any roster.

Nob
03-07-2012, 11:43 PM
I wonder, and I'm just wondering out loud, but is this a situation where people have rated their own players more highly than he rest of the league?

I get Murphy - older, and coming off a major injury.

I can also understand Buzbee,to an extent. He was a back up / rotational player. I thought he played with a high motor, and is somewhat versatile. I also believe that TSN had him rated as one of the top imports available in free agency.

Not sure why Robertson, especially as a NI isn't signed.

Is it possible that they priced themselves out of the market, and now that the game of musical chairs has come to a stop they were left without a seat?

argonaut11xx
03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd take BOTH Robertson, and Murphy back....at a much reduced rate of course...IMO you can NEVER have too much experience/depth on the O-Line, especially if its non-import.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8