PDA

View Full Version : Former DL Belli says player bounties alive and well in CFL

Will
03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=389717

Michael Copeland, the CFL's chief operating officer, says commissioner Mark Cohon is an advocate of player safety and won't tolerate those who deliberately injure others.

"It's hard to imagine anything that is more disparaging or potentially harmful to an opponent or the game than deliberate attempts to injure," Copeland said in a statement to The Canadian Press. "We have not received any allegations, and certainly no proof, of this practice in our league.

"If we were to discover hard evidence of this in the future, it would be met with severe discipline."

The question is does the CFL, now that Belli has spoken to the press, how have an obligation to conduct a further investigation of this matter? I say yes, it does, because something like this goes to the integrity of the league. This topic hits a bit of a soft spot for me because the primary NFL team under investigation is the New Orleans Saints and one of the accusations is that there were bounties in the 2009 NFC Championship, which was lost by a whisker by my team the Minnesota vikings.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8