View Full Version : Invite Blue Jay Players to the Argo Game Friday

Scooter McCray
10-26-2015, 02:43 PM
I am being completely serious here. Taking the high road. It was not Blue Jay players fault that the Argos have not been able to play at home. It is their owners fault - Rogers. If the Argo brass are serious about complimenting the Jays on their season, invite as many of them as possible to the game Friday so we can show them what Argo fans are all about - CLASS. Let them meet the Argo players so they can see what kind of great athletes they share the city with. Let them experience CFL football firsthand. We could use some more supporters.

I wonder what the Blue Jay response would be? Hopefully a positive one.

AngeloV
10-26-2015, 03:22 PM
They all have their fur coats on, and plane tickets in hand to go and be anywhere other than Canada.

Scooter McCray
10-26-2015, 03:25 PM
They all have their fur coats on, and plane tickets in hand to go and be anywhere other than Canada.

None of them live here in the offseason? Or none can wait until next week to leave? There are 2 Canadians on the team - Pompey and Martin.

ArgoRavi
10-26-2015, 04:14 PM
None of them live here in the offseason? Or none can wait until next week to leave? There are 2 Canadians on the team - Pompey and Martin.

I think that AngeloV is right. They are probably all gone by now. The only two they might be able to get are the two Canadians that you mention.

Scooter McCray
10-26-2015, 04:26 PM
I think that AngeloV is right. They are probably all gone by now. The only two they might be able to get are the two Canadians that you mention.

wow, I guess that's why all of Canada can identify with them as their team....

argotom
10-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Thee ball players are all hired mercenaries and could care less about the city and this country.
That's what most of these stupid wannabe bandwagon jumpers "fans" here is the city and across the land seem to conveniently forget.

AngeloV
10-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Thee ball players are all hired mercenaries and could care less about the city and this country.
That's what most of these stupid wannabe bandwagon jumpers "fans" here is the city and across the land seem to conveniently forget.

That's a major reason I get pissed off on here when some are ready to replace guys like Chad Owens. Owens is still a great player, and he is a big time ambassador of the team, even moving here last winter. Imagine, moving to Toronto from Hawaii in winter!! Guys like him are what make loving the Argos so easy.

PullTogether73
10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Did the Blue Jays organization publicly congratulate the Argonauts organization when the Argos won the Grey Cup in 2012?

I don't remember that happening (I may be wrong).

Assuming that they did not, I cannot support taking any "high road" by the Argonauts. I have seen no thanks offered to the Argonauts and their fans for dealing with being displaced from Rogers Centre.

Screw Rogers and their properties.

shayman
10-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Did the Blue Jays organization publicly congratulate the Argonauts organization when the Argos won the Grey Cup in 2012?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations to the <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> The 2012 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GreyCup?src=hash">#GreyCup</a> Champs!</p>&mdash; Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/272904192119672833">November 26, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Scooter McCray
10-27-2015, 07:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Congratulations to the <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> The 2012 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GreyCup?src=hash">#GreyCup</a> Champs!</p>— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/272904192119672833">November 26, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I know they had Kackert throw out the first pitch spring 2013. Players are not to blame. I think if some of these players got to know the Argos they might become quiet ambassadors like Roberto Alomar is.

T-Bone
10-27-2015, 08:21 AM
I know they had Kackert throw out the first pitch spring 2013.
I remember that (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?34-Toronto-Blue-Jays&p=71817&viewfull=1#post71817).

Players are not to blame.
On that we can agree.

tennyis
10-27-2015, 08:48 AM

I don't disagree with you but I find it an interesting comment from a CFL fan.. the majority of our players are "hired mercenaries and could care less about the city and this country" but you seem to have conveniently forgotten that lol. They are only here for a small pay check and to try and keep the NFL dream alive. They all leave when the opportunity becomes available.

I am being completely serious here. Taking the high road. It was not Blue Jay players fault that the Argos have not been able to play at home. It is their owners fault - Rogers. If the Argo brass are serious about complimenting the Jays on their season, invite as many of them as possible to the game Friday so we can show them what Argo fans are all about - CLASS. Let them meet the Argo players so they can see what kind of great athletes they share the city with. Let them experience CFL football firsthand. We could use some more supporters.

I wonder what the Blue Jay response would be? Hopefully a positive one.

I think the issue here would be that as mentioned the majority of the players will have moved back home now and the majority of them wont even know that the Toronto Argos exist. The CFL isn't very popular in the Dominican lol.

T-Bone
10-27-2015, 09:11 AM
I don't disagree with you but I find it an interesting comment from a CFL fan.. the majority of our players are "hired mercenaries and could care less about the city and this country" but you seem to have conveniently forgotten that lol. They are only here for a small pay check and to try and keep the NFL dream alive. They all leave when the opportunity becomes available.
I don't think you can say that about all CFL players but ultimately playing professional sports is a job. Also, it is not a lifelong career so I can totally understand why trying to make the maximum amount of money while you can is a motivator.

I think the issue here would be that as mentioned the majority of the players will have moved back home now and the majority of them wont even know that the Toronto Argos exist. The CFL isn't very popular in the Dominican lol.
Though the majority of players in the CFL probably don't live in Canada during the off season I don't think all them forget the teams they played for, some might though.

Scooter McCray
10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
A lot of former Argo and CFL players make Canada their home during and after their careers. I met Willie Pless at the 2012 GC. He lives and works in Edmonton. Chad Owens just relocated his family here. Tyler Holmes father Richard who was a RB for Ottawa lives in Ottawa and he only played for a few years in Canada. The list is large. CFL players more so identify with their new homeland. Another endearing quality and all of us on this site identify so strongly with our league and team. Give Rogers and the Jays an opportunity to come to our game. If they disrespect it than it adds to the bad feelings many already have. As I said Roberto Alomar has come to a few games. In fact he is a good luck charm. Every game he has come to has been an Argo win. Last game was the 2012 semi final I believe.

AngeloV
10-27-2015, 09:29 AM
A lot of former Argo and CFL players make Canada their home during and after their careers. I met Willie Pless at the 2012 GC. He lives and works in Edmonton. Chad Owens just relocated his family here. Tyler Holmes father Richard who was a RB for Ottawa lives in Ottawa and he only played for a few years in Canada. The list is large. CFL players more so identify with their new homeland. Another endearing quality and all of us on this site identify so strongly with our league and team. Give Rogers and the Jays an opportunity to come to our game. If they disrespect it than it adds to the bad feelings many already have. As I said Roberto Alomar has come to a few games. In fact he is a good luck charm. Every game he has come to has been an Argo win. Last game was the 2012 semi final I believe.

Great points, but good luck getting tennyis to believe it.

T-Bone
10-27-2015, 09:51 AM
Great points, but good luck getting tennyis to believe it.
Though Scooter McCray made good points, is that the majority of CFL players? I think tennyis expressed some valid points as well, though including all CFL players in his statement was a mistake.

Scooter McCray
10-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Though Scooter McCray made good points, is that the majority of CFL players? I think tennyis expressed some valid points as well, though including all CFL players in his statement was a mistake.

It is alot of players. Alot of high profile, hall of fame players that stay and make Canada their home and even take citizenship. Off the top of my head: Michael Clemons, Anthony Calvillo, Chad Owens, Angelo Mosca, Ron Lancaster, George Reed, Dan Kepley, Willard Reeves, Joe Paopao, Willie Pless, Mark Kosmos, Val Belcher. I have forgotten more than I remember, and I was just trying to remember some from each team. I know while playing guys like Condredge Holloway, Warren Moon chose to stay here in the winter and many others. They may have in retirement moved back to the States, but their memories are fond because they did live here during their playing days and will alway come back when an opportunity presents itself. Remember Condredge proposed to his wife at the 1996 Eastern Final at Skydome. Another fine Rogers Centre moment.

PS - If Jays do come Friday let's hold off on the Rogers suck until the very last game whether that is against Winnipeg OR the playoff game. Rogers does deserve that send-off from the accumulated Argo fans.

1971GreyCup
10-29-2015, 07:29 AM

Looks like the Raptors have infiltrated this Double Blue thread and did exactly that last night!

AngeloV
10-29-2015, 10:29 AM
I say they should only invite Alex Anthopoulos.

:D

Scooter McCray
10-29-2015, 10:32 AM

Leave it to Rogers to mess everything up. I don't think we will need to worry about high BJ ratings next year.

R.J
10-29-2015, 02:28 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/tCV2LrPPYfqCY/giphy.gif

Rocket
10-29-2015, 02:49 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/tCV2LrPPYfqCY/giphy.gif

Leave it to snowrogue to do all the cheerleading against everyone not associated with cfl and Argos. your constant attacks against anyone that isn't related with Argos is getting tiresome and your pic of k.c royal is just a troll move partner. Why not and try to focus on the actual people who have destroyed this franchise instead of giving these same people an excuse for embarrassing this franchise the last few years.

R.J
10-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Ah, so since I called you out for being a one trick pony and thought out loud about how you're allowed to still post here, I've now been included in your rants about Braley, Rudge, Orridge and the new owners, good to know that you're at least trying to branch out. I see that you've responded to two of my posts in a row, I expected nothing less from you, carry on.

paulwoods13
10-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Ah, so since I called you out for being a one trick pony and thought out loud about how you're allowed to still post here, I've now been included in your rants about Braley, Rudge, Orridge and the new owners, good to know that you're at least trying to branch out. I see that you've responded to two of my posts in a row, I expected nothing less from you, carry on.

Kind of a compliment in a bizarre way, SnowRogue. You have joined some august company on the enemies list.

ArgoGabe22
10-29-2015, 04:50 PM

Nothing wrong a good Greek Canadian boy! Sounds like something Don Cherry would say.

AngeloV
10-29-2015, 07:22 PM

Funny...I expect way less.

Nothing wrong a good Greek Canadian boy! Sounds like something Don Cherry would say.

Now you've ruined my day.

Gill The Thrill
10-30-2015, 06:29 PM

No he wouldn't, he only says that about Irish Canadians...actually calls them Irishmen, or big Irishmen like the late Pat Quinn, or Brian Burke, and he's an American, but I know what you mean? He only refers to French guys when he makes fun of them for wearing visors...funny he used to get on Claude Lemieux, who was one of the best cutch playoff performers of all time. I like Cherry for the most part, but he can be a hypocrite. Thankfully he doesn't sing the praises of former Mississauga mayor Hazel McCallion, but then she's proven to be another hypocrite. Just tells you how much silence money can buy.:shhhh:

argonaut11xx
10-30-2015, 07:05 PM
whats wrong with the Irish

Gill The Thrill
10-30-2015, 08:59 PM
whats wrong with the IrishAbsolutely nothing, just mentioned that Cherry usually identifies them by their Irishness...lol. Guess if I really wanted to get serious, I could mention I prefer the old-timers compare to the younger generation today, but I feel that about most people generally, not the Irish in particular....Guess I'm getting older and it's a generational thing. Remember those old overacted anti-discrimination commercials or PSA's, where they'd show a kid telling his friends, "just talk to my father, he knows." Kind of reminds me of Don Cherry sometimes...lol

Scooter McCray
10-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Anyhow no BJ'S were seen at the game. No Rogers sucks either.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8