PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Sponsorships

Scooter McCray
10-29-2015, 11:04 AM
In an article posted by Rick Westhead on tsn discussing Anthopoulos departure he says BJ Corp sponsorships total 20 Million vs TFC at 21 Million. How do TFC garner that kind of dough when TV viewership is 100000? I need this to be explained to me.

paulwoods13
10-29-2015, 11:43 AM
MLSE is better at it than Rogers? TFC is paired up with Leafs/Raptors?

ArgoRavi
10-29-2015, 12:26 PM
MLSE is better at it than Rogers? TFC is paired up with Leafs/Raptors?

My guess is that sponsors have to take on a package deal for the Leafs, Raptors and TFC which would explain those numbers. I doubt TFC as a stand-alone entity would generate those kinds of corporate sponsorships.

Scooter McCray
10-29-2015, 01:00 PM
But why would companies allocate dollars if that magnitude to an entity like TFC? They would allocate lions share to leafs and the raptors and then to TFC in some kind of proportional weight.

paulwoods13
10-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Not if supporting TFC was a requirement. "You want to be associated with the Leafs, you have to be associated with TFC." A lot of companies would agree to that IMO.

Scooter McCray
10-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Now I know how TFC are able to pay the salaries they do. The economics of MLS don't equate to multi million dollar salaries. There is no TV deal. CFL economics are stronger than MLS.

R.J
10-29-2015, 02:25 PM
MLS' tv deal in the States is worth at least $90 million, not sure if whether that includes the Spanish language deal. Nor does it include what percentage U.S Soccer receives, so they most likely don't get all of the $90 mill. I thought MLSE didn't use the Leafs to also sell TFC to people, isn't that what we've been told ? Because and maybe it's just me, I don't see how TFC can generate the same corporate money as the Blue Jays.

Scooter McCray
10-29-2015, 02:44 PM
This is why I never got why MLSE would pay their TFC players so much. They could never possibly recover those funds via tv and gate. Wouldn't it be nice if cfl teams could spend like that and be considered major league.

T-Bone
10-29-2015, 03:00 PM
I thought MLSE didn't use the Leafs to also sell TFC to people, isn't that what we've been told ?
I believe that was in regards to season tickets. My understanding is MLSE will be doing the marketing for the Argos next year and there has already been some cross promotion (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?3517-Cross-Promotion-with-other-MLSE-Teams).

7dj83r8f78t4alf8