View Full Version : Spencer/Stala/Bates

OV Argo
11-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Great game by those 3 Argo receivers!

My first impression of Spencer was more of as a return type guy who could be a mostly dump pass/YAC yards receiver, but he showed some great hands tonight and has speed and can get downfield; Stala is still Sticky i guess - vet who knows how to get open and has great hands; and Bates - limited body of work so far but has been nothing but impressive IMO going back to that nice TD grab in traffic last game - a big, strong sure handed receiver it looks like.

Be interesting to see what the receiving corps looks like for the play-offs? - is Elliott out with injury; do Hazelton & Gurley get their jobs back? Nice to have lots of talent to go with and some tough choices for the coaching staff, but a receiving corps of Owens, Spencer, Coombs, Bates & Stala might be pretty darn good (but i expect one or both of Hazelton & Gurley might play and maybe Elliott too if he can go?)

Wobbler
11-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Agreed, OV. Hopefully Spencer and Bates will be useful weapons, but for 2015 I'm really rooting for Stala. He won't play for much longer, but I'd like to see him kept in the lineup and targeted a few times.

Argo
11-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Based upon - what? - about 10 yards / carry, W the F shouldn't Kackert suit up for the next game?

ArgoGabe22
11-07-2015, 10:47 AM
I saw Elliot in a walking boot and on crutches. It doesn't look good. I'm expecting Elliot to be out.

1argoholic
11-07-2015, 01:11 PM
The guys mentioned all played solid and Kenny Shaw also had a couple of great blocks freeing up Spencer on one play. Shaw could have been gone to the races on the first play if Ricky hit him. We've got some pretty solid receivers even if we lose a few next year. Kack attack is back and must dress. Who knows if Whitaker is even healthy after going down late last week.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8