PDA

View Full Version : Boxing

Kenners
11-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Anyone here boxing fans? There's been some pretty decent fights recently, GGG/Lemieux, Cotto / Canelo come to mind. Th Bradley/Rios fight I didn't get to watch but heard Bradley held a clinic. Lomenchenko is also a great boxer to look out for.

T-Bone
11-15-2015, 12:48 AM
My friend is a big fan and as a result I've watched some great fights over the years. Saw Cotto vs. Clottey and Pacquiao vs. Cotto live. We also went to LA and stopped by the Wild Card, got to see Amir Khan spare. Will be watching Cotto vs. Canelo.

1argoholic
11-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Oh it must be a blast to see top notch boxing live? I did landscaping for a guy in Mississauga years ago who was a huge boxing fan with money. He used to travel all over to see huge title fights. I like to watch but really haven't followed it much lately. Not a UFC fan anymore. There's going to be way too many people with jello brains from that sport.

Kenners
11-15-2015, 12:28 PM
My friend is a big fan and as a result I've watched some great fights over the years. Saw Cotto vs. Clottey and Pacquiao vs. Cotto live. We also went to LA and stopped by the Wild Card, got to see Amir Khan spare. Will be watching Cotto vs. Canelo.

Those were some great fights to see live! I'm a huge fan of Cotto, saw him fight for the Middleweight strap against Martinez at MSG. I'm on the fence with Canelo though, I think he'd be a better match for (and would be more likely to fight) GGG.

Oh it must be a blast to see top notch boxing live? I did landscaping for a guy in Mississauga years ago who was a huge boxing fan with money. He used to travel all over to see huge title fights. I like to watch but really haven't followed it much lately. Not a UFC fan anymore. There's going to be way too many people with jello brains from that sport.

Live fights are awesome. Lennox Lewis is trying to bring Boxing back to TO, there was a recent pro fight in Hamilton and I hear they're trying to bring prize fighting back to the Garden.

argonaut11xx
05-08-2016, 10:36 AM
That knockout last night was awesome. Alvarez just clocked Khan, (he was out before he hit the ground)

Canelo Alvarez is a fun fighter to watch, and hopefully they can set up a fight with Golovkin very soon.

MMA has nothing on a good fight.

Kenners
05-08-2016, 11:48 AM
That knockout last night was awesome. Alvarez just clocked Khan, (he was out before he hit the ground)

Canelo Alvarez is a fun fighter to watch, and hopefully they can set up a fight with Golovkin very soon.

MMA has nothing on a good fight.

Saw the highlights as i wasnt able to catch it. But damn, that right was brutal. Khan,from my understanding, did a good job working the outside with his speed, but Canelo is huge. GGGCanelo would be great.

Saw the highlights of LemieuxTapia too. I like both fighters and im glad to see Lemieux get a W after GGG. Hes entertaining and has a helluva lotta heart.

rdavies
05-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Anyone here boxing fans?I haven't followed boxing for a long time, (used to be somewhat of a historian) but if you haven't seen it, this might interest you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96eGMqnlxdk

The Story of Art Hafey (http://fightnetwork.com/news/6374822:the-story-of-art-hafey/)
Lou Eisen http://fightnetwork.com February 10, 2011

The entire doc used to be on Youtube, maybe if you look around you might find it.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8