PDA

View Full Version : Attention. Jim Barker. Attention

Argo
11-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Andrew Harris
http://www.cfl.ca/roster/show/id/3437

gilthethrill
11-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Look for Harris to sign with his hometown Bombers...his 9 year daughter also resides there.

ArgoGabe22
11-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Jerome Messam is a potential FA as well. Maybe he'll finally get a chance play close to home (Brampton) unless Calgary re-signs him, which I think is very possible with the injury concerns regarding Cornish.

ArgoRavi
11-19-2015, 10:24 PM
The Bombers would be crazy to not go hard after hometown boy Harris especially with attendance down a fair bit in Winnipeg. I don't see the Bombers letting anyone outbid them for Harris who I don't see returning to B.C.

argolio
11-19-2015, 11:11 PM
I'd love to see Harris as an Argo. If he's open to it, I hope the Argos go hard after him.

argonaut11xx
11-20-2015, 01:52 PM
I'd take Messam over Harris in a heartbeat, that said the Argos would be in the best situation to resign Whittaker.

Double Dare
11-20-2015, 02:17 PM
I'd take Messam over Harris in a heartbeat, that said the Argos would be in the best situation to resign Whittaker. X2

KCargosfan
11-21-2015, 01:42 AM
Unfortunately, I think Cornish is done due to concussions. Amazing how short of careers running backs have.

AngeloV
11-21-2015, 10:03 AM
I'd take Messam over Harris in a heartbeat, that said the Argos would be in the best situation to resign Whittaker.

Harris is a much better all around back than Messam. He blocks better, and is a better down field receiver. Messam is a load to bring down, but he isn't going to beat a lot of defenders 1 on 1 in the passing game. His catches are 90% screens and swings.

Messam should be a much better blocker than he is, but I guess it just isn't something he really likes doing.

ArgoRavi
11-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Harris is a much better all around back than Messam. He blocks better, and is a better down field receiver. Messam is a load to bring down, but he isn't going to beat a lot of defenders 1 on 1 in the passing game. His catches are 90% screens and swings.

Messam should be a much better blocker than he is, but I guess it just isn't something he really likes doing.

Yes, Harris would be a much better fit for Toronto's offensive system than Messam.

OV Argo
11-21-2015, 04:03 PM
Yes, Harris would be a much better fit for Toronto's offensive system than Messam.

Who here really beliives Jimbo (or Millanovich) have any real interest in Harris (or Messam for that matter) ? - Whitaker does well as an all=around back (good runner, blocker & receiver) in the Millanovich/Trestman ultra complex offensive system; Argos going to pay out big bucks to get Harris ? Henry Josey waiting in the wings anyways.

:fart:

Argo
11-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Your post reads best if it's intended as sarcasm (except for the Whitaker portion, though it's worth noting that Harris is a couple of years younger and passport-friendly).

Who here really beliives Jimbo (or Millanovich) have any real interest in Harris (or Messam for that matter) ? - Whitaker does well as an all=around back (good runner, blocker & receiver) in the Millanovich/Trestman ultra complex offensive system; Argos going to pay out big bucks to get Harris ? Henry Josey waiting in the wings anyways.

:fart:

argolio
11-22-2015, 01:14 AM
Who here really beliives Jimbo (or Millanovich) have any real interest in Harris (or Messam for that matter) ?Barker will likely have little interest in Harris for an obvious reason -- his stated policy of avoiding bidding wars during free agency. He prefers free agents he sees as bargains and guys who get cut before or during training camp. Otherwise I expect multiple teams to kick the tires on Harris.

gilthethrill
11-22-2015, 08:30 AM
Barker will likely have little interest in Harris for an obvious reason -- his stated policy of avoiding bidding wars during free agency. He prefers free agents he sees as bargains and guys who get cut before or during training camp. Otherwise I expect multiple teams to kick the tires on Harris.

That outlook may change some what when the new owners are in place and able to spend money in order to compete.

KCargosfan
11-22-2015, 12:05 PM
What's it going to take to get Harris? $160K?

I'd be surprised if Whitaker made more than $80K. Not sure how much Whitaker has left in the tank as I think he is north of 30.

AngeloV
11-22-2015, 12:10 PM
That outlook may change some what when the new owners are in place and able to spend money in order to compete.

It may, but IMO, Harris and his agent have to come down significantly on their reported salary demands (if in fact they are even accurate). There is no way in the world he should be paid what Bo Levi Mitchell and Zack Collaros make. He hasn't proven to be as good as them, nor has he had success over a long period of time. I still don't see 300k in his immediate future coming from ANY team

KCargosfan
11-22-2015, 12:18 PM
It may, but IMO, Harris and his agent have to come down significantly on their reported salary demands (if in fact they are even accurate). There is no way in the world he should be paid what Bo Levi Mitchell and Zack Collaros make. He hasn't proven to be as good as them, nor has he had success over a long period of time. I still don't see 300k in his immediate future coming from ANY team

Heck, what was Cornish making, $130K?

I get the salary cap has gone up, but if Harris is asking for $300K, he is a moron.

paulwoods13
11-22-2015, 01:01 PM
I think we are talking about two different Harrises. It's not Andrew that some are speculating wants $300k, it's Trevor.

gilthethrill
11-22-2015, 04:42 PM

Totally agree. I am thinking though that Barker will be able to address other needs through CFL free agency next season.

KCargosfan
11-22-2015, 07:14 PM
I think we are talking about two different Harrises. It's not Andrew that some are speculating wants $300k, it's Trevor.

Whoops. My bad, pw13.

1argoholic
11-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Well Messam surely is sitting in Edmonton with a very concussed head after taking a helmet to helmet hit in his ear hole. I thought they were trying to protect guys a bit better. Looked like a lowered head into his ear to me. No need for it.

AngeloV
11-23-2015, 09:31 AM
Well Messam surely is sitting in Edmonton with a very concussed head after taking a helmet to helmet hit in his ear hole. I thought they were trying to protect guys a bit better. Looked like a lowered head into his ear to me. No need for it.

You're never going to stop helmet collisions on backs running thought the trenches. At that point it's all about who gets lower between the back and the defenders, and IMO it is pretty unavoidable.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8