View Full Version : Argos Merchandise

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

gilthethrill
07-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Would be good to also take to other stadiums ...... May be dangerous at THF ..... I' ll just make sure my 6'6 and 6'5 sons are with me

Mind if I sit with you guys? :)

LLB997
07-25-2015, 07:54 AM
dollarama has them in the houseware isle. Glad and the no name brand are the choices.

argofan81
07-29-2015, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know if/where i can get Toronto Argonaut golf balls?, or club head covers?

http://www.cflshop.ca/CFL/Toronto-Argonauts has a driver cover. I've noticed that there have been quite a few new items added in the last couple of weeks so if you are patient, they just might get golf balls too!

BATKINSON001
07-29-2015, 06:24 PM
With new owners come new Merchandise opportunities... About time.

robrende
08-11-2015, 08:57 AM
There is a website called Ali Express, that you can buy Argos Jerseys from. The price ranges from $45-$55. I have bought 2 jerseys from this website and i have been happy with both purchases. Obviously they are not going to Authentic however for the price i was very happy with my purchases

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/custom-cfl-jersey-Toronto-Argonauts-jersey-7-THEISMANN-2-Chad-Owens-25-hood-43-Blank-61/32404727116.html

argofandave
08-24-2015, 01:31 PM
I went to the CNE yesterday before the Argo game and as usual, Hip Leather has CFL belt Buckles for sale. They are in booth 110 in the Arts, Crafts, and Hobbies building. All 9 teams are available including Renegades but not Redblacks. They are $40 + tax but if you pay cash, it's $40 total.
I went to the CNE before yesterday's Argo game and Hip Leather is back again this year in the same location with their CFL belt buckles. The only other Argo merchandise I saw for sale were Argo toques in a booth called Sports Apparel Clearance in the north side of the Enercare Centre (formerly the Direct Energy Centre). They also had Eskimos toques and pink toques with the CFL logo on them. The only shirts they had were BC Lions and Stamps golf shirts. Also in the Enercare Centre is a craft beer booth which has Lake of Bays Pigskin Pilsner draught which is brewed in association with the CFL Alumni Association.

1argoholic
08-24-2015, 01:35 PM
Anyone know where I can get TiCat toilet paper? On second hand it would most likely bung up our septic system.

"Issues"Mcgee
08-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Now I'm torn. I've been saving up to saw off my arm and get two jerseys from the Argos shop because I want to support the Argos, but instinct tells me to be frugal and just get them off Aliexpress.

PullTogether73
08-24-2015, 10:24 PM
Now I'm torn. I've been saving up to saw off my arm and get two jerseys from the Argos shop because I want to support the Argos, but instinct tells me to be frugal and just get them off Aliexpress.

I wouldn't buy a jersey this year, given the new supplier for next year and possible change to the uniforms.
(This from a guy who has 6 Argos jerseys!)

ArgoZ
08-24-2015, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't buy a jersey this year, given the new supplier for next year and possible change to the uniforms.

New owners and new supplier. We could see big or small changes to the jerseys and uniform. Don't forget how the new president remarked how season ticket holders should get discounted jerseys, $100 off I believe. So for a financial standpoint, I would wait too.

Qman
08-24-2015, 10:42 PM

Rumour is new uniform supplier is Adidas. Which is same as Reebok, but they rebranded as Adidas in NCAA ranks couple years ago. So don't look for big changes since it will be the same clowns designing the jerseys.

I would have preferred Nike or UA instead.

i

1argoholic
08-25-2015, 11:07 AM
I had no idea that they were the same company now. Adidas was great the last time they made uni's and merch for the CFL.

Just read some articles on Adidas which bought Reebok in 06. I guess Adidas isn't happy with the way US based Reebok is run. I guess they must be changing focus on Reebok and wanting the Adidas brand to break into the US market to snag some of Nikes market shares away. If our new uni's are designed by German based Adidas that would work for me. No one could butcher and over design anything like Reebok.

Basically trying to figure out big corporations and everything they own and how they run is a huge Cluster_ _ _ k. In all reality it is very few who own every friggin thing.

dmont
08-26-2015, 04:12 PM

Anyone see this sale yet?

http://www.reebok.ca/en/cfl-toronto_argonauts

I think there's a 30% off back to school sale going on. You don't see the sale price until you put the item in the cart. Lots more CFL stuff in there too.

AngeloV
08-27-2015, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed here or not, but I'm beginning to think that the retail stores are not to blame for lack of Argos merch available. I walked into the Sportcheck in Maple Leaf square today, and was looking at the Arog gear they had. They had some home jersey's and signature jerseys along with t-shirts, polo shirts and hats....small quantities of everything but hats.

The person I was speaking to told me that the entire inventory they had was from 2014, and that the Argos didn't release anything in 2015 to the retailers, preferring to sell on line instead. Obviously this is the last bit of Braleynomics, as he likely doesn't want to pay to produce any more swag than he has to, so as not to take a loss on non sold items.

Once again, I really can't wait until 2016.

T-Bone
08-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Obviously this is the last bit of Braleynomics, as he likely doesn't want to pay to produce any more swag than he has to, so as not to take a loss on non sold items.

Totally agree with you. Another example is the Oyo Lego type figures. I believe the Ti-Cats had 9 different players available at one point (http://ticats-store.myshopify.com/collections/novelties/oyo) but the only two I've seen for the Argos are Ray (http://shop.riderville.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/s/dsc_0321.png) and Flutie (http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/ngUAAOSwBLlVXOni/$_35.JPG). I assume each team has to submit which players they want made and how many to order, there is probably a minimum.

Will
08-27-2015, 02:19 PM
You'd think the Argos would be able to market a Chad Owens and Andre Durie lego at the very least.

T-Bone
08-27-2015, 03:04 PM
You'd think the Argos would be able to market a Chad Owens and Andre Durie lego at the very least.
They probably could but my guess is Braley didn't want to put out the cost for the minimum amount of units. They may have to sell them over a couple years and he won't see returns after this year obviously.

Will
08-27-2015, 03:16 PM
While I think budget does play a factor, one might also need to consider that roster turnover on the Argos has been such that the amount of viable players is limited although Owens and Durie would still be viable candidates.

Scooter McCray
08-27-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed here or not, but I'm beginning to think that the retail stores are not to blame for lack of Argos merch available. I walked into the Sportcheck in Maple Leaf square today, and was looking at the Arog gear they had. They had some home jersey's and signature jerseys along with t-shirts, polo shirts and hats....small quantities of everything but hats.

The person I was speaking to told me that the entire inventory they had was from 2014, and that the Argos didn't release anything in 2015 to the retailers, preferring to sell on line instead. Obviously this is the last bit of Braleynomics, as he likely doesn't want to pay to produce any more swag than he has to, so as not to take a loss on non sold items.

As an Argo fan and CFL fan, I am always frustrated walking by and into sports retail and they have zero Argo merchandise. I like to abuse and anger myself even more by asking staff where there Argo merchandise is. I always get the same blank deer in the headlights stare. Of course I will see the Cam Wake Miami Dolphins jersey. I don't know why I put myself through that.

I sure hope the new ownership gives a damn and tries to build something for the long haul. That has been the achilles heel of the Argos - ownership that is not committed financially or in for the long haul. Look at what Ottawa and Hamilton have, after many failed attempts like we have had. Theirs is the model to follow.

The team and it's legacy deserve nothing less than an all out, full on attempt to make this thing work over a minimum 5 year stretch. Maxing out on all areas of marketing, merchandising and buzz generation. The football should be better than good with Barker and Millanovich signed up.

HUG AND MALACHI CRUNCH ROGERS!!!

ArgoRavi
08-27-2015, 07:15 PM
As an Argo fan and CFL fan, I am always frustrated walking by and into sports retail and they have zero Argo merchandise. I like to abuse and anger myself even more by asking staff where there Argo merchandise is. I always get the same blank deer in the headlights stare. Of course I will see the Cam Wake Miami Dolphins jersey. I don't know why I put myself through that.

I sure hope the new ownership gives a damn and tries to build something for the long haul. That has been the achilles heel of the Argos - ownership that is not committed financially or in for the long haul. Look at what Ottawa and Hamilton have, after many failed attempts like we have had. Theirs is the model to follow.

The team and it's legacy deserve nothing less than an all out, full on attempt to make this thing work over a minimum 5 year stretch. Maxing out on all areas of marketing, merchandising and buzz generation. The football should be better than good with Barker and Millanovich signed up.

HUG AND MALACHI CRUNCH ROGERS!!!

I agree. We have seen sustained marketing campaigns for a short period that seem to bear some fruit but then the owners run away as soon as times start to get a little tougher. We saw it with McNall and Gretzky in the early 1990s and then with C & S in the 2000s. With McNall, Gretzky and Candy, they marketed the hell out of the team in 1991 but when the team struggled in '92, along with the crumbling of McNall's financial house of cards, McNall and Gretzky couldn't abandon ship fast enough. C & S did well from '04 to '07 but again couldn't get out fast enough when the team's fortunes took a turn for the worse in '08.

We need ownership that is truly committed to the franchise over the long haul and I am hopeful that we will finally have it following this season.

Will
08-27-2015, 10:40 PM
My parents just got back from BC and were able to buy CFL and Argo stuff at a sports store at the Richmond Centre. In fact, I've made Argo related purchases at more malls outside the GTA then in the GTA.

ArgoGabe22
08-27-2015, 10:59 PM
My parents just got back from BC and were able to buy CFL and Argo stuff at a sports store at the Richmond Centre. In fact, I've made Argo related purchases at more malls outside the GTA then in the GTA.

I was out West and you can get CFL gear for all teams at two sport stores in West Edmonton Mall. Not a lot of Eastern teams though. Years ago I bought a Ben Cahoon jersey in a SportCheck in Edmonton.

The Rider store even had all US expansion team retro t-shirts that I have never seen before on sale anywhere before.

Will
08-27-2015, 11:01 PM
I was out West and you can get CFL gear for all teams at two sport stores in West Edmonton Mall. Not a lot of Eastern teams though. Years ago I bought a Ben Cahoon jersey in a SportCheck in Edmonton.

The Rider store even had all US expansion team retro t-shirts that I have never seen before on sale anywhere before.

T-Bone and I both purchased the Pinball t-shirt at the West Edmonton Mall when we were on our CFL Road Trip in late June-early July. I don't remember which one it was, but it was the smaller one across from the pirate ship. I don't recall if Sports Chek there had a lot of eastern division gear.

argofandave
10-21-2015, 12:12 PM
I was at Giant Tiger in Mississauga on Monday and they had Argo scarves for $12 and 2 different Argo toques for $8.

1971GreyCup
10-21-2015, 12:29 PM
I was at Giant Tiger in Mississauga on Monday and they had Argo scarves for $12 and 2 different Argo toques for $8.

I called the Giant Tiger in Whitby today and they don't carry these. We might drop by the Giant Tiger in Mississauga on the way to THF on Friday. What is their supply like?

argofandave
10-21-2015, 12:38 PM
I called the Giant Tiger in Whitby today and they don't carry these. We might drop by the Giant Tiger in Mississauga on the way to THF on Friday. What is their supply like?

I think they had about 8-10 of each of the 3 items. One of the toques is very unique looking so I bought 2 of them. They also had 2 grey Argo t-shirts (both size small) for $14 but they were mixed in with some Team Canada hockey t-shirts.

BATKINSON001
10-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Anyone know if the walmarts have anything this year? Can't check myself as I nolonger live in Ontario or work at Walmart.

AngeloV
10-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Anyone know if the walmarts have anything this year? Can't check myself as I nolonger live in Ontario or work at Walmart.

I don't think they do. I have bought Argos T's from Walmart in the past, but haven't seen anything there this year. I mentioned before that I was speaking to a manager at sports check in Maple Leafs square, and she told me the only Argos merch they have left was leftover from 2014. The Argos didn't provide them with any 2015 merch, so my guess is all you will find in any retail stores are 2014 leftovers.

Again...Braleynomics at it's finest.

1971GreyCup
10-21-2015, 01:38 PM
I don't think they do. I have bought Argos T's from Walmart in the past, but haven't seen anything there this year. I mentioned before that I was speaking to a manager at sports check in Maple Leafs square, and she told me the only Argos merch they have left was leftover from 2014. The Argos didn't provide them with any 2015 merch, so my guess is all you will find in any retail stores are 2014 leftovers.

Again...Braleynomics at it's finest.

Why would the Argonauts provide a store with merchandise? The store would have to order the merchandise from the supplier which in this case would be Reebok / Adidas.

I think they had about 8-10 of each of the 3 items. One of the toques is very unique looking so I bought 2 of them. They also had 2 grey Argo t-shirts (both size small) for $14 but they were mixed in with some Team Canada hockey t-shirts.

ArgofanDave,

Thanks. I am wondering the toque was the one designed by Marcus Ball in 2013? His design had the Toronto Skyline across it and was very sharp!

Either way, I think we'll need to be dressed warm on Friday night. We got a very good preview of the fall weather in Hamilton on Saturday night.

AngeloV
10-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Why would the Argonauts provide a store with merchandise? The store would have to order the merchandise from the supplier which in this case would be Reebok / Adidas.

Can't answer that question for certain, but I'm thinking maybe the Argos are the ones that have to make the order to the supplier.

argofandave
10-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Thanks. I am wondering the toque was the one designed by Marcus Ball in 2013? His design had the Toronto Skyline across it and was very sharp!

Either way, I think we'll need to be dressed warm on Friday night. We got a very good preview of the fall weather in Hamilton on Saturday night.

It's not the Marcus Ball design. It's a print (not embroidered) and has the Argo logo and Toronto Argonauts on both sides. It's made by Sogo Sports but I couldn't find a website for them. If I knew how, I would post a photo of it.

I bought Argo boxer shorts a couple of months ago at their Milton store.

Kenners
11-17-2015, 12:48 PM
I just picked up a boatload of stuff through the Reebok store. it was 40% off ...including a 15% additional discount for signing up on their website...needless to say i went a little crazy.

that being said.. i found another sale: http://www.lids.ca/reebok/team_toronto-argonauts

Pains me. but i spent way too much in the other sale to buy more, but it may be worth checking out!

also, i found the jersey at SportsChek, didn't have the size. Definitely like the material better than the Nike NFL ones, but that's just me.

1argoholic
11-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Man I hate Reebok and the SHITE way they design. Hopefully if we are indeed going with their parent company Adidas next year they'll design nice merch like in the past. I guess I'll be waiting.

Ballstothewall
11-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Found these at BestBuy.ca (http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?path=ca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86b b581f8en20&query=Toronto+Argonauts):

http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/103/10301/10301031.jpg

One adult chair is 1 cent short of free shipping but if you're getting two or you need something else you can get free shipping.
Thanks for posting Tbone, great find, will be grabbing a couple

Bleeds Double Blue
11-22-2015, 11:14 PM
That would be the perfect chair if it had a Ti-Cat logo on the seat.

argofandave
11-23-2015, 12:06 PM
All clearance items at www.lids.ca (http://www.lids.ca) are now 50% off for today only.

Kenners
11-23-2015, 04:48 PM
2013 CFL Player Inspired New Era hat

2014 CFL Player Inspired New Era hat

2015 CFL Player Inspired New Era hat

I picked up the 2015 Argos hat, Designed by Chad Owens, probably the best looking of this series, in all years. The inside/underbrim has hawaiian/ TO skyline art. Next would be the RedBlacks '15 by Justin Phillips and Winnipeg's '14 by Chris Greaves. Greg Wojt's 2014 TiCats looks decent and worth the mention. lol

I definitely like that they have these coming out, they're limited addition and are designed by the players who are in the demographic we're aiming to get interested in the game.

BATKINSON001
11-23-2015, 06:38 PM
2013 CFL Player Inspired New Era hat

2014 CFL Player Inspired New Era hat

2015 CFL Player Inspired New Era hat

I picked up the 2015 Argos hat, Designed by Chad Owens, probably the best looking of this series, in all years. The inside/underbrim has hawaiian/ TO skyline art. Next would be the RedBlacks '15 by Justin Phillips and Winnipeg's '14 by Chris Greaves. Greg Wojt's 2014 TiCats looks decent and worth the mention. lol

I definitely like that they have these coming out, they're limited addition and are designed by the players who are in the demographic we're aiming to get interested in the game.

The attachments didn't work. Can you repost?

ArgoGabe22
11-23-2015, 06:47 PM
All clearance items at www.lids.ca (http://www.lids.ca) are now 50% off for today only.

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, sizes for Argos merchandise didn't work out but I ended up picking up some Riders gear :ohno:

Kenners
11-23-2015, 10:36 PM
The attachments didn't work. Can you repost?

my bad
2013 CFL Player Inspired New Era Series

2014 CFL Player Inspired New Era Series

2015 CFL Player Inspired New Era Series

Stevoman
11-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Anyone try purchasing anything from AliExpress website? If so, what are the reviews?

JBarnsley
11-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Jersey city is selling plain CFL jerseys for 27.50 in store only. The only teams that do cost more are Edmonton, Hamilton, and Calgary at 38.50 per jersey. The online prices sure aren't as good.

PullTogether73
11-25-2015, 12:35 AM
Anyone try purchasing anything from AliExpress website? If so, what are the reviews?

I purchased an Argos customized jersey from AliExpress a couple of months ago after someone posted about it on this forum.
I've purchased other jerseys from Chinese manufacturers before and have been quite happy with the products.
The Argonauts jersey ended up in the garbage.
The sleeves were a joke. The rest was actually fine, but there was no way I'd be caught wearing that thing!

LLB997
11-25-2015, 12:49 AM
Bought one of those lids caps a few days back. 12 bucks plus tax, and I should be In Ontario when It arrives at my nearest location to pick It up and save on shipping. great deal. Also picked up a Redblacks cap also for 12 bucks for my bro In Ottawa as he tells me stores are completely sold out of Redblacks gear as the stuff has been selling like hotcakes and he Is a bit of a distance from the stadium.

Stevoman
11-25-2015, 01:23 AM
I purchased an Argos customized jersey from AliExpress a couple of months ago after someone posted about it on this forum.
I've purchased other jerseys from Chinese manufacturers before and have been quite happy with the products.
The Argonauts jersey ended up in the garbage.
The sleeves were a joke. The rest was actually fine, but there was no way I'd be caught wearing that thing!

Thanks for the review. I was wary of getting something customized but their Ray and Harris jersey's seem quite close but whose to know if you'll get what's in the picture.

argofandave
11-25-2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, sizes for Argos merchandise didn't work out but I ended up picking up some Riders gear :ohno:

You're welcome. I received my Lids order today. They now have a Black Friday special which has 35% off most regular priced items (they list exclusions) and free shipping with a minimum order of $34.

OV Argo
11-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Bought one of those lids caps a few days back. 12 bucks plus tax, and I should be In Ontario when It arrives at my nearest location to pick It up and save on shipping. great deal. Also picked up a Redblacks cap also for 12 bucks for my bro In Ottawa as he tells me stores are completely sold out of Redblacks gear as the stuff has been selling like hotcakes and he Is a bit of a distance from the stadium.

Giant Tiger stores in Ottawa have tons of RedBlacks gear - caps, Ts, toques, etc. - maybe not Reebok stuff but as nice and often better.

Kenners
11-25-2015, 11:00 PM
http://sport1946.com/apparel/toronto-argonauts-vintage-sweater this vintage lookin' sweater is pretty awesome.

argofandave
11-30-2015, 01:46 PM
Was at Dixie Outlet Mall before the game yesterday. A store called Man Cave has some CFL items. They have a Argo toque/scarf combo for only $5 but only 2 were left. They also have Argo long sleeve kids shirts for $10. Other CFL items they have include Saskatchewan boxer shorts for $3, BC, Calgary & Edmonton balaclavas for $5 and Montreal toque/scarf combo for $5. They only accept cash. Another store there is called Sports Centre. They still have some Argo 100th Grey Cup Champs t-shirts. They also have some CFL hats with older logos on them including 1 with the 1960's Argo boat logo. I bought a BC Lions hat with an old logo which had a price of $30 but I was only charged $25 for it and I wasn't charged tax since I paid with cash. There is also a Lids store in the mall that sells some Argo shirts and hats.

Downtownfan
11-30-2015, 03:49 PM
I have that vintage sweater, and I get tons of nice comments on it whenever I wear it; the Sport 1946 place has an outlet in the distillery district, but you have to go to the back of the store to find the CFL stuff (ugh).
Last time I was at the Sports Centre at Dixie Outlet they had a whole rack of Argos stuff, and I got myself a great hoody for something like 25 bucks. The guy is willing to bargain if you are willing to buy a bunch of stuff.
One thing that STILL REALLY PISSES me off-- I was at Real Sports last week for lunch and popped into the apparel store across from the restaurant-- no Argos or CFL stuff whatsoever, though tons of NFL stuff. That is so appalling and should be one of the things that Copeland tries to change, especially given that our new owners also own that outlet, as far as I know.

Will
11-30-2015, 04:47 PM
I picked up a nice powder blue Argos hoodie at River City Sports here in Winnipeg for $37.00. However, it is extremely disappointing that to find Argos gear that I need to travel to Edmonton or Winnipeg.

Argos1983
12-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the detailed information -- I went and grabbed the last Argos hat you mentioned - I was happy as I was searching for a hat with the old logos for a while now (anyone know where I can get any more of the 60s or 70s/80s boat logo stuff? I used to get from Cupstuff but they are no longer in business). I grabbed the last Argos $5 hat and scarf combo as well - should be good when things get a bit colder down at BMO next fall....

Thanks again!!

Was at Dixie Outlet Mall before the game yesterday. A store called Man Cave has some CFL items. They have a Argo toque/scarf combo for only $5 but only 2 were left. They also have Argo long sleeve kids shirts for $10. Other CFL items they have include Saskatchewan boxer shorts for $3, BC, Calgary & Edmonton balaclavas for $5 and Montreal toque/scarf combo for $5. They only accept cash. Another store there is called Sports Centre. They still have some Argo 100th Grey Cup Champs t-shirts. They also have some CFL hats with older logos on them including 1 with the 1960's Argo boat logo. I bought a BC Lions hat with an old logo which had a price of $30 but I was only charged $25 for it and I wasn't charged tax since I paid with cash. There is also a Lids store in the mall that sells some Argo shirts and hats.

argofandave
12-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the detailed information -- I went and grabbed the last Argos hat you mentioned - I was happy as I was searching for a hat with the old logos for a while now (anyone know where I can get any more of the 60s or 70s/80s boat logo stuff? I used to get from Cupstuff but they are no longer in business). I grabbed the last Argos $5 hat and scarf combo as well - should be good when things get a bit colder down at BMO next fall....

Thanks again!!

Glad you were able to get the last toque/scarf combo...they had 6 when I was there and I bought 4 of them to give to some friends...that Argo hat with the boat logo was behind several other CFL hats when I was there so I left the hat in front so it would be easy to find. That store is so packed with merchandise, it's hard to walk through it when other people are in there.

argofandave
12-04-2015, 01:16 PM

I was in both Walmart stores in Burlington yesterday and they have a good supply of Argo gear there including short and long sleeve tees, hoodies, other types of shirts, boxer shorts, and pyjama pants. They have some items in both the clothing department and the sporting goods section. Didn't see any hats or toques or gloves. I also was in Old Navy at Burlington Mall and they have all their Argo merchandise on sale. They have 2 different hats that look very similar. One is $10 and the other is $11. Tank tops are $10 and tees are $13.50. They even have Argo eye blacks (package of 4) for $5. Sport Chek at Burlington Mall has Argo Junior Size footballs (although they look full size) for $15 down from $25.

paulwoods13
12-04-2015, 02:28 PM
I was in both Walmart stores in Burlington yesterday and they have a good supply of Argo gear there including short and long sleeve tees, hoodies, other types of shirts, boxer shorts, and pyjama pants. They have some items in both the clothing department and the sporting goods section. Didn't see any hats or toques or gloves. I also was in Old Navy at Burlington Mall and they have all their Argo merchandise on sale. They have 2 different hats that look very similar. One is $10 and the other is $11. Tank tops are $10 and tees are $13.50. They even have Argo eye blacks (package of 4) for $5. Sport Chek at Burlington Mall has Argo Junior Size footballs (although they look full size) for $15 down from $25.

To read this and other forums, you would think the CFL and the Argos never get any merchandise into stores, and yet I keep reading here about people finding stuff in stores, even big chains like Wal Mart, SportChek and Old Navy.

Kenners
12-04-2015, 02:41 PM
To read this and other forums, you would think the CFL and the Argos never get any merchandise into stores, and yet I keep reading here about people finding stuff in stores, even big chains like Wal Mart, SportChek and Old Navy. I'm always on the look out, I'm downtown core/east and don't stumble on Argos gear often. I did see a pack of 3 Argo socks at shoppers drugmart...of all places.

argofandave
12-04-2015, 03:58 PM
To read this and other forums, you would think the CFL and the Argos never get any merchandise into stores, and yet I keep reading here about people finding stuff in stores, even big chains like Wal Mart, SportChek and Old Navy.
I think the frustration stems from large Canadian sports retailers like Sport Chek and National Sports carrying little CFL merchandise and lots of NFL merchandise whereas large American retailers in Canada like Walmart and Old Navy carrying similar amounts of both. The only CFL merchandise that I saw at Sport Chek in Burlington were footballs.

AngeloV
12-04-2015, 04:45 PM

Please Paul. The only reason you read about it on here is that it is so scarce, that the diehards on here try to alert other diehards of any findings. That's not the case for any other team in this city. Even TFC stuff is fully stocked everywhere. Adding to the frustration is that the majority of anything you see in stores now is likely inventory from 2014 or earlier, and it wouldn't surprise me if these stores that do have some inventory acquired it in some sort of liquidation of assets.

Argo57
12-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Please Paul. The only reason you read about it on here is that it is so scarce, that the diehards on here try to alert other diehards of any findings. That's not the case for any other team in this city. Even TFC stuff is fully stocked everywhere. Adding to the frustration is that the majority of anything you see in stores now is likely inventory from 2014 or earlier, and it wouldn't surprise me if these stores that do have some inventory acquired it in some sort of liquidation of assets.

Exactly Angelo, wife and I out looking for Christmas gifts for my son saw plenty of Ticat gear (Hamilton, Burlington,Oakville) area but almost no Argonaut merchandise.
Most times even on the CFL Shop site the Argonaut selection is a mere pittance compared to the other teams which is frustrating.
Willing to bet this is one area in which the new ownership group improves things for us Argo fans heading into 2016.

PullTogether73
12-04-2015, 11:38 PM
We all might want to think twice about buying any current merchandise if there is a potential rebrand coming under new ownership.

BRING BACK THE BOAT!!!!

Kenners
12-05-2015, 12:18 AM
We all might want to think twice about buying any current merchandise if there is a potential rebrand coming under new ownership.

BRING BACK THE BOAT!!!!

true...BUT holidays are coming....and I have a collection to build. LOL.

also, i figure the more we show we want, the more we hope will come.....with variety....may not make a whole lot of sense but this is how i ended up with 5 more boxing sweaters than I actually need lol. :D

Argo57
12-05-2015, 07:35 AM
I enjoy seeing some of the older Argo jerseys and hats that the old geezers (51+ years old) wear to the games, brings back a lot of good memories however being 50 years old I also like the new swag as well (except the shitty 3rd jersey crap).
Really interested in seeing what the new regime comes up with I still believe there are a lot of Argo fans out there and they will surface when this franchise becomes relevant again.
Anyone heard any updates regarding ticket deposit numbers??

timlb01
12-05-2015, 10:42 AM
I enjoy seeing some of the older Argo jerseys and hats that the old geezers (51+ years old) wear to the games, brings back a lot of good memories however being 50 years old I also like the new swag as well (except the shitty 3rd jersey crap).
Really interested in seeing what the new regime comes up with I still believe there are a lot of Argo fans out there and they will surface when this franchise becomes relevant again.
Anyone heard any updates regarding ticket deposit numbers??

I think there are a lot more Argo fans than people think out there. People just don't like admitting or coming out and saying it. I work in a very large company and everyone knows I am an Argo fan / CFL fan. People take shots at me from time to time and you end up finding out that there are other people that like or liked the Argos but don't want to talk about it because it is not cool. I hope BMO and the new ownership make it cool again like 1983 all over again, but this time for decades!

AngeloV
12-05-2015, 01:45 PM
I think there are a lot more Argo fans than people think out there. People just don't like admitting or coming out and saying it. I work in a very large company and everyone knows I am an Argo fan / CFL fan. People take shots at me from time to time and you end up finding out that there are other people that like or liked the Argos but don't want to talk about it because it is not cool. I hope BMO and the new ownership make it cool again like 1983 all over again, but this time for decades!

I work for a large company too, and get a lot of abuse in a joking way. But these people are also very happy for me when the Argos win. Do they prefer the Argos to the "major league" teams in the city? No. But they are not negative towards them either.

paulwoods13
12-05-2015, 02:48 PM

Speaking of old geezers, I am seriously considering wearing a different jersey to each home game in 2016. I have pretty well every version since mid-1970s. Haven't got the current version yet, hoping they change it (back to some version of the boat) and the old stock gets blown out at discount prices.

Argo57
12-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Speaking of old geezers, I am seriously considering wearing a different jersey to each home game in 2016. I have pretty well every version since mid-1970s. Haven't got the current version yet, hoping they change it (back to some version of the boat) and the old stock gets blown out at discount prices.

That would be a great blast from the past Paul, I have a Willi Pless jersey from 1986 that now fits me like a tube top but I have home and away customized jerseys (current version) and despite warnings from my wife am planning to get the new 2016 jerseys as well (provided they don't screw it up).
The league would be well served to lower the game jersey price point to encourage more people to wear them and get the CFL brand out there.

1argoholic
12-05-2015, 07:51 PM
No way I could fit into my old Paul Pearson or Harold Hallman jersey's. I gave my old Masca (make) Terry Martin Leafs jersey to my wife. Also my old Steve Smith #16 Michigan Wolverine jersey to her. Steve played a bit with Montreal way back when.

ArgoRavi
12-05-2015, 08:58 PM

Do you have a jersey from the 1975-76 era, Paul?

ArgoGabe22
12-05-2015, 10:49 PM
I have collected jerseys from over years, most of them are older than me so I find the old geezer comment a bit offensive lol.

I think I have multiple Holloways, Minter, Fenerty, #44 White (Boat logo), gameworn #31 Whitley (blue boat logo), replica Mud Bowl jersey for the reenactment in 2012 and a Rocket jersey. And that's just what I call "vintage". Always on the look out to add more. Correct if I am wrong but weren't jerseys originally for children? The older the jersey, the smaller the size?

Will
12-07-2015, 10:29 AM
I have collected jerseys from over years, most of them are older than me so I find the old geezer comment a bit offensive lol.

I think I have multiple Holloways, Minter, Fenerty, #44 White (Boat logo), gameworn #31 Whitley (blue boat logo), replica Mud Bowl jersey for the reenactment in 2012 and a Rocket jersey. And that's just what I call "vintage". Always on the look out to add more. Correct if I am wrong but weren't jerseys originally for children? The older the jersey, the smaller the size?

Where do you find these jerseys if you don't mind me asking?

PullTogether73
12-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Correct if I am wrong but weren't jerseys originally for children? The older the jersey, the smaller the size?

Um, I don't think that is the issue with jersey sizes.
Something about the purchaser getting bigger as they get older.
But I think that is just a made up story personally. :D

ArgoGabe22
12-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Where do you find these jerseys if you don't mind me asking?

Mostly ebay. But it takes quite awhile for something to pop up. I have yet to see anything from the 70's. It's mostly Holloways and Greers, or #7s and #10s to be exact, which I'm guessing were the most popular jersey choice at the time.

Neely2005
12-07-2015, 12:00 PM
www.lids.ca has some Argonauts merchandise on sale right now. Use code SALE

paulwoods13
12-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Do you have a jersey from the 1975-76 era, Paul?

I have one game-worn jersey that must be from 1975-76 as it is Cambridge Blue: No. 42 (I think Al McLean or Stu Francis). I have two game-worns that appear to be from 1977: Oxford Blue No. 14 (probably Kelvin Kirk) and white No. 11 (possibly Clint Longley). No nameplates on any of them, unfortunately.

I also have a game-worn Jearld Baylis road jersey (with nameplate) from 1988 -- it's gigantic. And a game-worn 1995 with the shield logo -- No. 24 (Walcott).

And an assortment of non-game-worns including No. 21 from the Metcalf era, No. 7 from the Holloway era, a 1989-90 jersey and a 1991-92.

But my prize possession is a 1973-vintage game-worn sweater (and I do mean sweater -- it was fabric, not mesh, but with hot-pressed numbers) with No. 27 -- Finlay. Likely worn by Barry Finlay, who played safety back then and later was principal at my kids' high school. I toyed with giving it to him but can't bear to part with it -- it's gorgeous. It's very likely the jersey in this picture.

http://www.nflibrary.ca/nfplindex/data/7/9/91879-506221.jpg

That would be a great blast from the past Paul, I have a Willi Pless jersey from 1986 that now fits me like a tube top but I have home and away customized jerseys (current version) and despite warnings from my wife am planning to get the new 2016 jerseys as well (provided they don't screw it up).
The league would be well served to lower the game jersey price point to encourage more people to wear them and get the CFL brand out there.

Love to know more about that Willie Pless -- I have an Oxford Blue No. 32 without boat logo that was issued around 1980 when Dave Newman wore that number. It didn't have Cambridge piping around the (sewn) numbers so I had my wife sew light blue edging to make it seem more authentic.

ArgoGabe22
12-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Those old sweaters are amazing Paul. Although not Argos, I picked this up jersey once with no information. I can't confirm if it's 100% authentic but I'm 99% sure it's a 1959 Cam Fraser Ti-Cats sweater.

There was a story recently that someone returned Tommy Joe Coffey's helmet after "stealing" it. Supposedly ownership just gave this stuff away/threw it out at the end of the year. Makes me wonder how much of the older stuff still exists and how much of it was destroyed.

Um, I don't think that is the issue with jersey sizes.
Something about the purchaser getting bigger as they get older.
But I think that is just a made up story personally. :D

I'm not sure what football jerseys were like when they first started selling them but a collector once told me for hockey, that they were originally made for children and that's why you don't find old adult sized Bobby Orr sweaters from the 70's. I think Sears sold CFL jerseys in the 70's-80's but I'm not sure how large they were in size.

paulwoods13
12-07-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure what football jerseys were like when they first started selling them but a collector once told me for hockey, that they were originally made for children and that's why you don't find old adult sized Bobby Orr sweaters from the 70's. I think Sears sold CFL jerseys in the 70's-80's but I'm not sure how large they were in size.

That makes sense. I don't remember any adults wearing jerseys back when I was a kid. The Terry Metcalf jerseys sold around 1977-79 (not precise replicas as they had Argos in script on the front, but they did do a beautiful job with the piping around numbers and on the sleeves) were available in adult sizes and may have been the first CFL jerseys marketed to grownups.

Argo57
12-07-2015, 06:53 PM
I have one game-worn jersey that must be from 1975-76 as it is Cambridge Blue: No. 42 (I think Al McLean or Stu Francis). I have two game-worns that appear to be from 1977: Oxford Blue No. 14 (probably Kelvin Kirk) and white No. 11 (possibly Clint Longley). No nameplates on any of them, unfortunately.

I also have a game-worn Jearld Baylis road jersey (with nameplate) from 1988 -- it's gigantic. And a game-worn 1995 with the shield logo -- No. 24 (Walcott).

And an assortment of non-game-worns including No. 21 from the Metcalf era, No. 7 from the Holloway era, a 1989-90 jersey and a 1991-92.

But my prize possession is a 1973-vintage game-worn sweater (and I do mean sweater -- it was fabric, not mesh, but with hot-pressed numbers) with No. 27 -- Finlay. Likely worn by Barry Finlay, who played safety back then and later was principal at my kids' high school. I toyed with giving it to him but can't bear to part with it -- it's gorgeous. It's very likely the jersey in this picture.

http://www.nflibrary.ca/nfplindex/data/7/9/91879-506221.jpg

Love to know more about that Willie Pless -- I have an Oxford Blue No. 32 without boat logo that was issued around 1980 when Dave Newman wore that number. It didn't have Cambridge piping around the (sewn) numbers so I had my wife sew light blue edging to make it seem more authentic.

Willi Pless was my favourite during his Argo tenure, I purchased the white jersey and had it customized, I have just moved so I know it in a box somewhere in the basement.
I have home and away (current jerseys) with my name on it, I got fed up with customizing jerseys and guys getting traded, cut or jumping down south, mine are authentic game worn complete with mustard and ketchup stains.

argofandave
12-07-2015, 09:38 PM
I went to Square One today and the Sport Chek store that was just north of the mall has moved into Square One. It is a huge store and they do carry Argo jerseys, hats, golf shirts, and t-shirts including a 1980's boat logo tee. They also have lots of children's sizes. I also went to Erin Mills Town Centre and the Sport Chek store there is closing and has most things at a 40% discount. Unfortunately, the only CFL items I saw there were 2 footballs that were $35 each.

Kenners
12-07-2015, 09:50 PM
I picked up a standard T and Tank at Old Navy. I heard they had some stuff but never checked. Old Navy is always cheap. Lol

argolio
12-08-2015, 02:07 AM
No way I could fit into my old Paul Pearson or Harold Hallman jersey's. I gave my old Masca (make) Terry Martin Leafs jersey to my wife. Also my old Steve Smith #16 Michigan Wolverine jersey to her. Steve played a bit with Montreal way back when.Steve Smith was a really good running QB. Just couldn't throw well enough at the pro level.

gilthethrill
12-09-2015, 02:06 PM
I was at Sport Chek in Kitchener today....they had both Argo track pants and spring like jackets priced at $99 each....being of Dutch heritage, I was more than happy to buy a nice Argo ball cap at Old Navy for $10.

argos1873
12-10-2015, 10:28 PM
I was at Sport Chek in Kitchener today....they had both Argo track pants and spring like jackets priced at $99 each....being of Dutch heritage, I was more than happy to buy a nice Argo ball cap at Old Navy for $10.

Jeez the Dutch have something in common with the Scotch which is my heritage....I would have, and have made the same choices.

Kenners
12-12-2015, 10:29 PM
There's a store called "Shirt Factory" in Gerrard square on Gerrard and Carlaw that ha 2 styles of Argo T's and a Jersey. Looks like the signature but all blue. Big A on the front. Shirts were $20 (at least 1 of them) and the jerseys were $39. Owner was complaining about his overstock lol. I went in to get a number and name on the Reebok one I just bought. Worth a look as gifts!

PullTogether73
12-12-2015, 10:29 PM
I just picked up a three pack of Argonauts socks at Shoppers Drug Mart at Shoppers World Toronto.
$9.

Will
12-13-2015, 10:13 AM
The sports apparel stores on Yonge between Dundas and College an assortment of Argo hats, t-shirts, sweaters, etc.

argofandave
12-13-2015, 11:20 AM
I picked up a standard T and Tank at Old Navy. I heard they had some stuff but never checked. Old Navy is always cheap. Lol

Old Navy also sells Argo eye black and magnets for $5 reduced from $8. They can be hard to find in the store since they are in small packages. They're usually kept by the Argo shirts and hats or by the cashier.

I just picked up a three pack of Argonauts socks at Shoppers Drug Mart at Shoppers World Toronto.
$9.
SDM also sells Argo socks at the Bramalea City Centre.

argofan81
12-14-2015, 11:53 AM

Walmart at Heartland (Mavis & Britannia area) in Mississauga also has boxer shorts and 2 different types of pajama pants as well as some other shirts, sweaters, etc.

argofandave
12-14-2015, 10:11 PM
I was at the Canadian Tire store at 1156 Dundas Street East in Mississauga today and they have items from all the CFL teams. They have beer glasses, coffee mugs, water bottles, travel mugs, etc. Unfortunately, the only Argo items they have are water bottles, shot glasses, and t-shirts. Some items are kept near the entrance and the others are in the sports department. This store is located on the south side of Dundas, west of Dixie Road at Arena Road.

argofandave
12-21-2015, 11:38 AM
www.reebok.ca (http://www.reebok.ca) has 50% off CFL merchandise until January 6th. The discount won't show until the product is added to your cart. Free shipping when spending $50 or more.

dmont
12-29-2015, 04:59 PM

The Sportchek near Sherway (between the best buy and walmart) has a decent Argos display. Jerseys, hoodies, golf shirts. Also, a pair of argos warm-up pants that I've never seen before.

Ballstothewall
12-29-2015, 05:46 PM
So what is going on. My local Walmart had lots of Argo stuff and my local Canadian tire. The guy working in the sports section at Canadian Tire told me the Argo stuff is selling very well in Dec. he was surprised he told me, of course he was all,of 17. Got into a big debate with him regarding TV numbers for the Argos and CFL. Had to google it and show him. As he said, why does the league not promote its success, like TVnumbers more via the main stream media. Told him that is a on going debate. Anyways he said he is buying some Argo tickets for BMO to check it out. I hope the Argos pull off all the stops for the first season at BMO, as fans that have never given the Argos a thought, are going to be checking them out come 2016 and we want them back for 2017.
Ps
My conversation started with him over him thinking the Raptors get a TV rating over a million all the time. He was shocked to see the real Raptor numbers

Scooter McCray
12-30-2015, 10:28 AM
Will be very interested to see in 2016 with Bells ownership stake in the Argos if they give the team and league greater attention on all their platforms. Sure hope so.

Argo57
12-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Will be very interested to see in 2016 with Bells ownership stake in the Argos if they give the team and league greater attention on all their platforms. Sure hope so.

Would be idiotic if they didn't.

Argo57
12-30-2015, 03:59 PM
So what is going on. My local Walmart had lots of Argo stuff and my local Canadian tire. The guy working in the sports section at Canadian Tire told me the Argo stuff is selling very well in Dec. he was surprised he told me, of course he was all,of 17. Got into a big debate with him regarding TV numbers for the Argos and CFL. Had to google it and show him. As he said, why does the league not promote its success, like TVnumbers more via the main stream media. Told him that is a on going debate. Anyways he said he is buying some Argo tickets for BMO to check it out. I hope the Argos pull off all the stops for the first season at BMO, as fans that have never given the Argos a thought, are going to be checking them out come 2016 and we want them back for 2017.
Ps
My conversation started with him over him thinking the Raptors get a TV rating over a million all the time. He was shocked to see the real Raptor numbers

Merchandizing is one area I would expect the new ownership to concentrate on, get the logo and colours out in the public.
As often touched on availability of Argo merchandise has been pitiful at best the last few years and unless at the stadium for games somewhat difficult to get.
The old "chicken or egg" argument applies regarding this topic, is it lack of interest or lack of supply that has lead to where we currently sit (or both)??

paulwoods13
12-30-2015, 04:03 PM
The old "chicken or egg" argument applies regarding this topic, is it lack of interest or lack of supply that has lead to where we currently sit (or both)??

Lack of retailers' belief in profitability, IMO.

OV Argo
12-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Lack of retailers' belief in profitability, IMO.

A misguided belief perhaps; a lot of retail is run by clueless morons and wimpy little bean-counters. Some dork buyer telling a store to purchase all sorts of American college gear while totally ignoring CFL merchandise would be typical there. Wannabes at work.

paulwoods13
12-30-2015, 06:54 PM
A misguided belief perhaps; a lot of retail is run by clueless morons and wimpy little bean-counters. Some dork buyer telling a store to purchase all sorts of American college gear while totally ignoring CFL merchandise would be typical there. Wannabes at work.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe chains (like National, as I have mentioned previously) have brought in a lot of CFL merch and ended up blowing it out at bargain-basement prices because of lack of demand. It doesn't fit the "wannabe" story line, unless we are talking wannabe-profitable.

Argo57
12-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Yeah, maybe. Or maybe chains (like National, as I have mentioned previously) have brought in a lot of CFL merch and ended up blowing it out at bargain-basement prices because of lack of demand. It doesn't fit the "wannabe" story line, unless we are talking wannabe-profitable.

Hopefully with a clear aggressive marketing plan and increased profile Argonaut merchandise will become fashionable with no need to be included on the clearance shelves of your local retailer.

Kenners
12-30-2015, 08:36 PM

not going to lie, kinda like that its hard to find Argo stuff...... Rare = Valuable & Unique, IMO

I'll be wearin' my Argo gear proudly :D

argos1873
12-31-2015, 06:12 PM
Noticed my local SDM was selling Argo's socks for $7.99 for 3. I bought a set, why not? I have shirts, gloves, jerseys, hats, a scarf, now socks. All I'm missing now is Argo underwear.

timlb01
12-31-2015, 08:24 PM
not going to lie, kinda like that its hard to find Argo stuff...... Rare = Valuable & Unique, IMO

I'll be wearin' my Argo gear proudly :D

I am always surprised how often you will see someone with an Argo item on especially when you consider how much harder it is to find things compared to the Leafs, Jays or Raptors.

1argoholic
01-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Anyone ever check out a site called Sticker You. They have pretty good CFL stickers. My wife bought me a sheet of Argo ones and Stamps ones for herself. We've had a few Argo and Stamps ones on the car for a while now and they seem to be doing just fine. They have a good selection various ones from each team.

Will
01-22-2016, 11:15 AM
Seen at Petsmart yesterday:

I, however, do not believe in dressing my dog up in clothing. Do you see the fur that they have? It's there for a reason!

AngeloV
01-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Seen at Petsmart yesterday:

I, however, do not believe in dressing my dog up in clothing. Do you see the fur that they have? It's there for a reason!

I saw that on Sunday as I had my dog groomed there. Love it, but can't justify paying $35 for it. My dog has hair and not fur, so I have to put a sweater or coat on her in the winter.

Downtownfan
01-22-2016, 04:26 PM
Saw these at Walmart near Sherway Gardens last week-- both $30. Sweater was kinda nice, but I didn't end up getting it.691

ArgofanIan
01-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Wish the Argos would have a store or part of store in Liberty village and down town location where we could pick up Argo stuff... would be nice if your going to a game to have a location where you could go to pick up Argo Stuff... I like the way the Tiger cats do it... they have a store down town so I have heard.... and they seem to have regular items on sale on game day.... the blue jays used to have a corner location at Sears.... I think that sort of approach is more realistic to me for the Argos to sell Merchandise.... but there should be a location or locations Argo fans could go to get Argo Merchandise.... even its just to avoid shipping charges... Go ARRGOS !!!

AngeloV
01-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Wish the Argos would have a store or part of store in Liberty village and down town location where we could pick up Argo stuff... would be nice if your going to a game to have a location where you could go to pick up Argo Stuff... I like the way the Tiger cats do it... they have a store down town so I have heard.... and they seem to have regular items on sale on game day.... the blue jays used to have a corner location at Sears.... I think that sort of approach is more realistic to me for the Argos to sell Merchandise.... but there should be a location or locations Argo fans could go to get Argo Merchandise.... even its just to avoid shipping charges... Go ARRGOS !!!

The Argos used to have their own store on Front Street in the 90's (right next to East Side Mario's) called the End Zone, but it did not do well, and closed.

argos1873
01-23-2016, 06:34 PM
The Argos used to have their own store on Front Street in the 90's (right next to East Side Mario's) called the End Zone, but it did not do well, and closed.

Bought a few things from there, but most of it was overpriced unfortunately. I think I paid $75 for a windbreaker back in 1995.

argofan81
01-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Bought a few things from there, but most of it was overpriced unfortunately. I think I paid $75 for a windbreaker back in 1995.

An Argo windbreaker from the store at rogers centre cost around $100 last season. Sports merchandise in general is overpriced. I don't think that it was due to overpricing that the old Argo store didn't succeed.

argos1873
01-23-2016, 09:30 PM
An Argo windbreaker from the store at rogers centre cost around $100 last season. Sports merchandise in general is overpriced. I don't think that it was due to overpricing that the old Argo store didn't succeed.

I'm not suggesting that alone was the reason or even any reason at all. I am just relaying the fact that it was overpriced. Yes most sports merchandise is overpriced. However $75 in 1995 could buy you a lot more in 1995 than $100 can in 2016, regardless of what the lying bank of canada inflation calculator tells you.

AngeloV
01-24-2016, 12:23 AM
I'm not suggesting that alone was the reason or even any reason at all. I am just relaying the fact that it was overpriced. Yes most sports merchandise is overpriced. However $75 in 1995 could buy you a lot more in 1995 than $100 can in 2016, regardless of what the lying bank of canada inflation calculator tells you.

Agreed. That was some big coin to drop on a windreaker 20 years ago. To put it into perspective, gas was about 50 cents a litre then.

Neely2005
01-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Agreed. That was some big coin to drop on a windreaker 20 years ago. To put it into perspective, gas was about 50 cents a litre then.

The way our economy is going gas might be 50 cents a litre again in a couple of months. It probably already is in US dollars.
:)

AngeloV
01-24-2016, 12:00 PM
The way our economy is going gas might be 50 cents a litre again in a couple of months. It probably already is in US dollars.
:)

Yeah, good point. In fact, based on the price of oil these days, it probably should be closer to that than the 90 cents or so it is now.

jerrym
01-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Yeah, good point. In fact, based on the price of oil these days, it probably should be closer to that than the 90 cents or so it is now.

Here's an article discussing that very issue.

Meanwhile, gasoline prices have not fallen as dramatically as the price of crude, which is down roughly 75 per cent from its peak in June 2014.
"When you hear about lower oil prices, it does not necessarily translate into lower gasoline prices," Sadorsky says. "The integrated oil companies have a tendency to keep the price at the pump higher in order to compensate for some of the lost profits they're incurring on the production side."
On balance, that means many consumers are feeling pinched.
The situation is even worse for low-income families or those living in poverty, many of whom don't see any savings at all from the reduction in the price of crude.
Leilani Farha, executive director of Canada Without Poverty, says many lower-income families don't have cars, and often the cost of heat is included in their rent. That means they don't enjoy even a slight benefit from plummeting crude prices to help offset higher bills at the grocery store, she said.
"Any time our economy falters, it's always the most vulnerable people who are affected most immediately," says Farha. "They don't have savings to rely on, and they rely on money coming in to pay for just basic survival."

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/savings+pump+offsetting+soaring+produce+prices+exp erts/11667219/story.html?__lsa=d9ac-dd4e

Rocket
01-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Just a friendly reminder for all Argos fans that like to collect Argo memeborillia and all other CFL stuff that you can make your way to the CFL hall of fame tmrw in Hamilton for a sale. Apperantley they are selling a lot of stuff there that you can see on there web site. I guess they are just clearing up some stuff in order to make the move to thf next year.

argos1873
01-30-2016, 10:18 PM

And the average house price was probably around $175,000 in the GTA. Don't even care to know what it is now, that's why I'm moving to Ottawa.

Will
01-31-2016, 11:32 AM
Just a friendly reminder for all Argos fans that like to collect Argo memeborillia and all other CFL stuff that you can make your way to the CFL hall of fame tmrw in Hamilton for a sale. Apperantley they are selling a lot of stuff there that you can see on there web site. I guess they are just clearing up some stuff in order to make the move to thf next year.

I am standing in the hall of fame right now. You needed to get here right at 10 to get good stuff. I got an autographed Rodney Harding jersey (albeit the current jersey), a pic of Joe Theismann from 1971, 1985 Argos media guide and 1991 GC program.

paulwoods13
01-31-2016, 02:04 PM
I am standing in the hall of fame right now. You needed tp get here right at 10 to get good stuff. I got an autographed Rodney Harding jersey (albeit the current jersey), a pic of Joe Theismann from 1971, 1985 Argos media guide and 1991 GC program.

Oh man, '85 is one of very few Argo guides I need. I thought about going but the list they posted online did not look too attractive so I passed. If you're interested in trading the '85 guide, I have a lot of spare guides from other years and I'd be happy to do a many-for-one deal.

Rocket
01-31-2016, 02:22 PM
I am standing in the hall of fame right now. You needed tp get here right at 10 to get good stuff. I got an autographed Rodney Harding jersey (albeit the current jersey), a pic of Joe Theismann from 1971, 1985 Argos media guide and 1991 GC program.

Couldn't make it out there today wish I could have. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the items? Did you hear if they will have another one of these sales again?

Will
01-31-2016, 03:54 PM
I paid $110 for the items that I bought. You basically would have needed to arrive within the first hour to have a decent selection. I did not hear anything about another sale and I frankly doubt that there will be another one.

ArgoGabe22
01-31-2016, 05:34 PM
I sent someone to go for me and it was slim pickings by 12:30. Managed a few autographs of HOFers (Ed George, Ray Nettles, Ellison Kelly) and a couple flags. Only Argo connection is a Bill Symons autographed picture.

I too found the list online to be somewhat disappointing but from photos posted online the Vanier Cup posters looked pretty nice.

Will
01-31-2016, 08:42 PM
Oh man, '85 is one of very few Argo guides I need. I thought about going but the list they posted online did not look too attractive so I passed. If you're interested in trading the '85 guide, I have a lot of spare guides from other years and I'd be happy to do a many-for-one deal.

If it helps complete your collection then I'd be interested in a trade.

I too found the list online to be somewhat disappointing but from photos posted online the Vanier Cup posters looked pretty nice.

They had a poster with all the helmets from the CIS, but I never went after it. The Joe Theismann photo was heavy enough to schlep around. The list of items was somewhat underwhelming I do agree, and if you were a Ticat fan it was even worse because some of the people who work/volunteer at the HOF got to that. I was kind of hoping that the Harding jersey would have been something that he actually wore in his career versus the current jersey, but beggars cannot be choosers. For those who didn't read the list, they were selling VCR's, an assortment of AV equipment and coffee urns.

ArgoGabe22
01-31-2016, 09:26 PM
For those who didn't read the list, they were selling VCR's, an assortment of AV equipment and coffee urns.

Don't forget the staplers and squash racket.
The 16mm projectors would be great for a CFL historian as long as you could find game film. Maybe one day Paul can upload Argos games from the 50s,60s,70s (I wish!)

paulwoods13
01-31-2016, 09:40 PM
Don't forget the staplers and squash racket.
The 16mm projectors would be great for a CFL historian as long as you could find game film. Maybe one day Paul can upload Argos games from the 50s,60s,70s (I wish!)

One from 1977 uploaded; I have a couple of others of that vintage that I will get to eventually.

argolio
02-01-2016, 01:32 AM
One from 1977 uploaded; I have a couple of others of that vintage that I will get to eventually.I've got '71 and '79 from that era. Some great hairstyles in the player profiles from '79.

Will
02-01-2016, 09:21 AM
I've got '71 and '79 from that era. Some great hairstyles in the player profiles from '79.

There was a picture of Ray Nettles at the hall of fame. He had some awesome 70's hair.

1argoholic
02-01-2016, 09:56 AM
No one at anytime has had better hair then Wonderful Monds who played for Ottawa in the 70's. He'd take off his helmet and POOF, there would be this massive fro.

ArgoRavi
02-01-2016, 07:08 PM
No one at anytime has had better hair then Wonderful Monds who played for Ottawa in the 70's. He'd take off his helmet and POOF, there would be this massive fro.

Totally agree with this!

Bleeds Double Blue
02-02-2016, 10:41 AM
I just returned from a quick trip to Toronto and found quite a large selection of Argonaut merch in a store at the departure gates at Pearson Airport. I had seen this store on my last trip back and at that time all they had was one ugly tee-shirt. They have since expanded their selection from all of the Toronto sports teams. <P>
I picked up a very nice faded Argo tee for $19.00 and a Toronto Marlies tee that was half price. In addition to the tee-shirts they have cheap hoodies, beer mugs, travel mugs, hats, bumper stickers and a fair sized selection of crap like Argo face paint, key chains, etc. They even had a tiny sticker and lacquer kit so that I you can put the Argo logo on your fingernails. I was going to go for that but thought they might clash with the outfit I was wearing. <P>Everything in that store is low end in quality but IS available which is something that I found pleasantly surprising. On previous trips back home requests for Argonaut or any CFL merchandise was always answered with a quizzical look from the sales clerk. Hopefully they can get this stuff out of the departure lounge and into retail outlets in the city so that supporters don't have to leave town to buy it.

1argoholic
02-02-2016, 12:45 PM
The Endzone did well by me and my friends as we bought stuff in their weekly. I still have my Jason logo parka and spring jacket from 20 years ago. Both in great shape but I need to upgrade badly.

As far as dogs in clothing, hell yah when the temps drop to between -15 and lower our 6 pound poodle gets cold fast. Oddly enough our 4 pound poodle is as tough as nails and takes his sweet time even without foot ware. The little dude even has a metal plate, surgical wire and screws in one leg from a break. That must get cold as hell. Our Cairn Terrier gets sucky about his pads. I'd put Argo gear on them if it would fit.

Rocket
02-02-2016, 05:48 PM
The Endzone did well by me and my friends as we bought stuff in their weekly. I still have my Jason logo parka and spring jacket from 20 years ago. Both in great shape but I need to upgrade badly.

As far as dogs in clothing, hell yah when the temps drop to between -15 and lower our 6 pound poodle gets cold fast. Oddly enough our 4 pound poodle is as tough as nails and takes his sweet time even without foot ware. The little dude even has a metal plate, surgical wire and screws in one leg from a break. That must get cold as hell. Our Cairn Terrier gets sucky about his pads. I'd put Argo gear on them if it would fit.

Yeah I remember shopping at the end zone store on front st. Always liked that store had a great selection of Argo and CFL stuff I remember on game days you could hardly step foot in the door of that store it was that busy. I remember when they moved a crossed the street from joe badalis Italian restaurant at that new location at the first week of the opening they had rocket Ishmail,Wayne Gretzky, pinball Clemons signing autographs on separate days. Would love for them to try to do something like that again maybe some kind of partnership with the tfc in around Liberty village or bmo field.

argofandave
02-26-2016, 02:49 PM
www.rivercitysports.com (http://www.rivercitysports.com) in Winnipeg has 75% off (when using the code "SALE") all regularly priced CFL merchandise. They used to provide free shipping for all orders over $99 but they either don't do that anymore or they don't have it for this promotion. Minimum shipping to Ontario seems to be $12 and goes up by $1 (I think) for every extra item ordered. They don't show when this sale will end.

PullTogether73
02-26-2016, 04:46 PM
www.rivercitysports.com (http://www.rivercitysports.com) in Winnipeg has 75% off (when using the code "SALE") all regularly priced CFL merchandise. They used to provide free shipping for all orders over $99 but they either don't do that anymore or they don't have it for this promotion. Minimum shipping to Ontario seems to be $12 and goes up by $1 (I think) for every extra item ordered. They don't show when this sale will end.

The website says the code is "SAVE", not "SALE", FYI.

Huge sale though!

argos1873
02-26-2016, 10:41 PM

Very great find. I picked up a premier home jersey for $27.50 (regular $109.99) and a toddler jersey for $12.50 (regular $49.99). Can't go wrong at those prices!

Will
02-27-2016, 08:15 AM

I went there in November during Grey Cup. Fine selection of CFL stuff.

Golden Fleece
03-06-2016, 05:48 PM
www.rivercitysports.com (http://www.rivercitysports.com) in Winnipeg has 75% off (when using the code "SALE") all regularly priced CFL merchandise. They used to provide free shipping for all orders over $99 but they either don't do that anymore or they don't have it for this promotion. Minimum shipping to Ontario seems to be $12 and goes up by $1 (I think) for every extra item ordered. They don't show when this sale will end. I gave in to temptation and bought some cold weather gear for the outdoor games in October and November. 2 items were $12 shipping and 3 were $13. I didn't test any other combinations before ordering. Outstanding savings. Thanks for the tip.

OV Argo
03-06-2016, 06:00 PM
I gave in to temptation and bought some cold weather gear for the outdoor games in October and November. 2 items were $12 shipping and 3 were $13. I didn't test any other combinations before ordering. Outstanding savings. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah - I got on the phone with them too - ordered a hoodie and a cap (I think my Argo cap collection is now at around 12) - thanks for that tip from me too - 75% off = beauty.

Still po'd that I missed out on another tip here on that now defunct place in Ontario - had that beauty old Argo boat logo hoodie in the cambridge blue color.

argofandave
03-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Glad you both were able to score a good deal from River City Sports. I think the sale ends tomorrow. Also, Value Village has 50% off clothing and some other items tomorrow.

Golden Fleece
03-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Yeah - I got on the phone with them too - ordered a hoodie and a cap (I think my Argo cap collection is now at around 12) - thanks for that tip from me too - 75% off = beauty. Just wait for the first cool weather game of the season when everyone wearing the Argo hoodie has their forum cover blown. We'll just pass each other at BMO and say "River City Sports?", nod, and move on.

BATKINSON001
03-08-2016, 10:34 AM
What do you guys think of the white hat with the argos shield logo on either side that they have on sale? I am considering that and the necklace... and maybe a new touque if this discount code still works on the River City website

Golden Fleece
03-08-2016, 05:23 PM
What do you guys think of the white hat with the argos shield logo on either side that they have on sale? I am considering that and the necklace... and maybe a new touque if this discount code still works on the River City website I like the Spirit Flexfit, but caps are such a personal preference you just gotta go with the one you like. The toque (tuque? toque?) is the necessity with lake effect wind come fall at BMO.

Tobythor
03-08-2016, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the tip! I just picked up a toque, scarf, hat, hoody and a Las Vegas Posse pin for $70 shipping included.

Golden Fleece
03-09-2016, 08:08 PM
Argos toque Made in Canada on sale until the 13th at CFL site. http://shopwwmo.cfl.ca/products/cfl-tor-new-era-pom-knit

argos1873
03-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Lids.ca is also has a bunch of Argo, and other stuff on clearance, %30 off. Lots of toques and some hats and other stuff:

http://www.lids.ca/CFL/Toronto-Argonauts/Clearance

I think the sale ends tonight, sorry for the late notice.

AngeloV
03-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Lids.ca is also has a bunch of Argo, and other stuff on clearance, %30 off. Lots of toques and some hats and other stuff:

http://www.lids.ca/CFL/Toronto-Argonauts/Clearance

I think the sale ends tonight, sorry for the late notice.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the 2 in 1 t-shirt and a touque.

argos1873
03-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the 2 in 1 t-shirt and a touque.

I really like the 2 in 1 shirt, and contemplated buying it. Alas I only bought a toque as I just picked up a jersey from River City. There is no such thing as having too much Argo wear, but there is such a thing as spending too much money, or so the wife says when I spend too much. Oddly it doesn't apply to her, go figure.

Golden Fleece
03-09-2016, 10:01 PM
I got the 2 in 1 last year. It's nice.

AngeloV
03-10-2016, 11:57 AM
I really like the 2 in 1 shirt, and contemplated buying it. Alas I only bought a toque as I just picked up a jersey from River City. There is no such thing as having too much Argo wear, but there is such a thing as spending too much money, or so the wife says when I spend too much. Oddly it doesn't apply to her, go figure.

LOL!! Never argue with the lady.

I wanted to add a golf shirt and hoodie, but they only had small sizes in those.

Will
03-11-2016, 09:38 AM
I visited River City Sports when I was in Winnipeg for Grey Cup and, yeah, they had a great selection of CFL stuff. It is unfortunate that the last two purchases of Argo gear "forced" me to travel to Edmonton and Winnipeg respectively though.

Golden Fleece
03-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing the new Adidas apparel. This combine swag article makes me think having such a big brand behind the league could raise its profile with younger fans. http://3downnation.com/2016/03/12/five-observations-from-saturday-at-the-cfl-combine/

Golden Fleece
03-14-2016, 01:12 PM
My River City order just arrived. Who's ready for some cold weather outdoor football? Woot!

Brian45
03-14-2016, 07:54 PM
Are we getting a new logo or is it confirmed that the same logo will be used in 2016??

T-Bone
03-15-2016, 08:11 AM
Are we getting a new logo or is it confirmed that the same logo will be used in 2016??
Nothing has been confirmed but my guess is the logo isn't changing. Marketing is already underway with the current logo and I don't think there is an issue with brand recognition with the current logo. Even non-CFL fans know what it is.

argos1873
03-17-2016, 10:28 PM
Rivercity cancelled my premier men's jersey because they oversold...boo. Oh well, still got my son's jersey.

argofandave
04-09-2016, 12:26 AM
I was on the lower level in Sears in the Woodbine Centre when I noticed that they have both short and long sleeve CFL t-shirts. The short sleeve ones are $10 and the long sleeve ones are $15. Most of the long sleeve shirts are grouped together in one area and they have them for all 9 teams. The Argo ones are greyish-blue and I saw all sizes from S to XXL. The short sleeve shirts are spread out over several racks of t-shirts and I'm not sure if they have them for all teams. The Argo ones are dark blue and I couldn't find any sizes over L except for one XXL which I bought. These shirts are made by Level Wear which is a brand name I don't recognize.

argos1873
04-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Reebok seems to be clearing out stock. CFL stuff is %50 off.
http://m.reebok.ca/en/toronto_argonauts-sale?srule=price-low-to-high

Items are already %50 off, and then another %50 gets removed when you got to checkout, AND you can take another %10 off by adding code TAKE10VE. Only good till tomorrow I believe.

Downtownfan
04-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Reebok seems to be clearing out stock. CFL stuff is P off.

Items are already P off, and then another P gets removed when you got to checkout, AND you can take another off by adding code TAKE10VE. Only good till tomorrow I believe.

Just ordered a polo, T and toque for $38, including shipping. Pretty good, savings over $100.

Scooter McCray
04-20-2016, 12:20 PM

Items are already %50 off, and then another %50 gets removed when you got to checkout, AND you can take another %10 off by adding code TAKE10VE. Only good till tomorrow I believe.Thanks 1873. I just ordered $70 golf shirts for $13.50. Who cares if it says reebok instead of Adidas for 2016. If they go back to the boat logo I will buy more stuff otherwise I am good for this year.

BATKINSON001
04-20-2016, 12:22 PM

Items are already %50 off, and then another %50 gets removed when you got to checkout, AND you can take another %10 off by adding code TAKE10VE. Only good till tomorrow I believe.

Thanks. I picked up a white 2xl Jersey and a white 2xl polo shirt. Even though I really shouldn't have lol.

argofandave
04-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Reebok seems to be clearing out stock. CFL stuff is P off.

Items are already P off, and then another P gets removed when you got to checkout, AND you can take another  off by adding code TAKE10VE. Only good till tomorrow I believe.

Thanks. I placed an order too. Don't really need more stuff but what the heck. Free shipping with $50 purchase.

Neely2005
04-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Thanks, I ordered 10 items and the Total was $120. I've been wanting to get the Polo Shirts for a long time but they were never on special.

Kenners
04-27-2016, 03:38 PM
714 where can i get this in banner/flag form??????

Golden Fleece
04-27-2016, 05:36 PM
714 where can i get this in banner/flag form?????? Attachment didn't work. What is it?

Kenners
04-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Crap. Its the "house milanvovich" game of rouges Argos banner http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?The+Game+of+Thrones+opening+gets+awesom e+CFL+remake&id=578467

Golden Fleece
04-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Crap. Its the "house milanvovich" game of rouges Argos banner http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?The+Game+of+Thrones+opening+gets+awesom e+CFL+remake&id=578467 That would look good hanging in BMO.

Kenners
04-27-2016, 09:11 PM
That would look good hanging in BMO. as well as outside my house lol

R.J
04-28-2016, 12:25 AM
If it said anything other than Milanovich - I'd buy it.

AngeloV
04-28-2016, 04:54 AM
If it said anything other than Milanovich - I'd buy it.

Boo!!!

So maybe you would have preferred Huard?

:D

PullTogether73
04-28-2016, 05:13 AM
Boo!!!

Andrus.:ohno:

R.J
04-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Boo!!!

Barker. Although he is the guy who hired Milanovich, so........................

T-Bone
04-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Andrus.:ohno:
Please no, not the Count:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5564/14657436267_11632e0db1.jpg

AngeloV
04-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Barker. Although he is the guy who hired Milanovich, so........................

I like Barker, but I personally think he's a better GM than coach.

mchesher03
04-28-2016, 12:10 PM
agreed 100% on Barker. I think one of his better moves of all time was stepping back from coaching and keeping GM duties. To be able to admit your strengths / weaknesses is big. I mean, look at Jim Popp screwing over the als franchise with his constant coaching changes and then inserting himself back into the position (seems like every year).

R.J
04-28-2016, 01:06 PM
I agree, but he is the current GM of the Argonauts - could have used the GM's names as the house name instead of the Head Coaches. We're stuck with Milanovich for awhile. As badly as I want to see him fired - I don't want to see the Huard days return.

AngeloV
04-28-2016, 02:06 PM
agreed 100% on Barker. I think one of his better moves of all time was stepping back from coaching and keeping GM duties. To be able to admit your strengths / weaknesses is big. I mean, look at Jim Popp screwing over the als franchise with his constant coaching changes and then inserting himself back into the position (seems like every year).

I agree, but he is the current GM of the Argonauts - could have used the GM's names as the house name instead of the Head Coaches. We're stuck with Milanovich for awhile. As badly as I want to see him fired - I don't want to see the Huard days return.

Yeah. As a head coach Barker has a career 29-43 record. Milanovich is 38-34, which considering the lack of financial resources the team has had is pretty good. I just don't get how anyone can be anti-Milanovich.

gilthethrill
04-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah. As a head coach Barker has a career 29-43 record. Milanovich is 38-34, which considering the lack of financial resources the team has had is pretty good. I just don't get how anyone can be anti-Milanovich.

Barker had extreme challenges as HC not only in both his tenures with the Argos, but in Calgary he had an owner who wanted his son to be the starting qb.

R.J
04-28-2016, 03:25 PM
I apologize for getting this thread off topic, so to get it back on topic I'll mention that amazon.ca has some great gear. I bought some socks, a sleeveless T, a beer mug, a drinking jar set. I thought about getting the street sign, but I can always get that later.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Toronto+argonauts

gilthethrill
04-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Sears online have cool CFL 2x3 rugs..either rectangular or jersey shaped.

argofandave
05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Picked up a nice used Argo parka from Talize in Mississauga today for just over $20 with tax. I think it's from the 2004 season. It's made by Reebok and has the Jason logo on it. Value Village has 50% off clothing tomorrow (Monday May 2nd).

Kenners
05-04-2016, 12:18 AM
Picked up a nice used Argo parka from Talize in Mississauga today for just over $20 with tax. I think it's from the 2004 season. It's made by Reebok and has the Jason logo on it. Value Village has 50% off clothing tomorrow (Monday May 2nd).

I scour thrift shops all over the city, i can never find any argos stuff....hella NFL though...

LLB997
05-04-2016, 01:13 PM
just a quick post here to all the fine folks on this forum. was at dixie value mall the other evening and there is a brand new sports merch store that is celebrating its grand opening this week. The store was located in a small area of the mall and has now moved into the vacant michaels crafts store at the north entrance. the new store is massive to say the least. probably the biggest sports store in Ontario i would think and according to the employee, they are having an opening week sale. Tons of hats, jerseys , knick knacks and Lots of CFL stuff. Picked up a sweet Leafs cap for 20 bucks. the store has its own outside entrance right across from south service road near the lights/gas station, cheers guys.

AngeloV
05-04-2016, 01:33 PM
just a quick post here to all the fine folks on this forum. was at dixie value mall the other evening and there is a brand new sports merch store that is celebrating its grand opening this week. The store was located in a small area of the mall and has now moved into the vacant michaels crafts store at the north entrance. the new store is massive to say the least. probably the biggest sports store in Ontario i would think and according to the employee, they are having an opening week sale. Tons of hats, jerseys , knick knacks and Lots of CFL stuff. Picked up a sweet Leafs cap for 20 bucks. the store has its own outside entrance right across from south service road near the lights/gas station, cheers guys.

Thanks for the tip. Might check it out on Saturday.

BATKINSON001
05-04-2016, 02:12 PM

Need stuff like this in Durham. No way I can get to mississauga.

gilthethrill
05-04-2016, 02:59 PM
I just scored a nice new Argo T at Stratford Salvation Army for a 10 spot. Put me in a giddy frame of mind it did.

Kenners
05-05-2016, 12:03 AM
716 had this guy made up from that banner lol

ArgoGabe22
05-14-2016, 07:08 PM
SVP Sports on Steeles (near Airport Rd) had a bunch of Reebok gear for $9.99 and blank jerseys, including the signatures of all teams for $14.99. Very few Argos except for jerseys and the sizes were all over the place. Some items were only S,M or even 3XL so it's a bit of a crapshoot.

I just got a pink cancer awareness Riders sweater, Eskimos polo and a Lions hat all for $24.

jerrym
05-14-2016, 07:21 PM

I not only agree but suspect despite his fine skills as GM, he would not likely have survived as a combined HC-GM not only because many fans would have been shouting about his coaching record, but also because there is no way he could have done as thorough a job as GM.

Jumbo
05-14-2016, 10:36 PM
SVP sports beside the Loblaws in Pickering has blank Reebok jerseys for all CFL teams, including Toronto for 14.99. They mentioned they will be getting Argo caps in after Wednesday of this week (May 18). They have lots of L, and M jersey sizes.

BATKINSON001
05-14-2016, 10:41 PM
SVP sports beside the Loblaws in Pickering has blank Reebok jerseys for all CFL teams, including Toronto for 14.99. They mentioned they will be getting Argo caps in after Wednesday of this week (May 18). They have lots of L, and M jersey sizes.

Going to have to check it out... Maybe I can get a lift in from Oshawa.

Edit: went on today, they got argos home and away jerseys in small and medium and large. Selection for all other teams are bit better except for Hamilton as there's none of their stuff here. The bc Sig jersey is quite nice. They have Hoodies and jerseys from grey cup 103.

Kenners
05-16-2016, 04:49 PM
anyone else wish we could get a high quality varsity Argos jacket?

BATKINSON001
05-16-2016, 04:52 PM
anyone else wish we could get a high quality varsity Argos jacket? that would be awesome. I would order one instantly provided they weren't too expensive.

PullTogether73
06-02-2016, 03:25 PM
I have an Argonauts baseball style cap that I will no longer be wearing.
I would like it to find a home on the head of a true Argonauts fan so it will get the use and respect it deserves.:hug:

To prove you are a deserving Argonauts fan, you have to collect the hat from me at the June 11 pre-season game at BMO Field. I figure only true fans go to pre-season games.

The hat is a New Era 3930 stretch fit, size M/L. 97% acrylic, 3% spandex. It is in excellent condition.

Let me know if you are interested.

(No idea why the photos are upside down.:confused:)

R.J
06-02-2016, 03:36 PM
(No idea why the photos are upside down.:confused:)
Maybe your camera was upside down when you took the pictures ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHYiyv68q2o

Nice hat though

T-Bone
06-03-2016, 12:26 PM
I was just at the Adidas Store at Yonge and Dundas and they have Argos gear in. They have blank jerseys both home and away, this polo shirt (https://argosshop.ca/products/toronto-argonauts-adidas-coaches-s-s-polo), this hoodie (https://argosshop.ca/collections/mens/products/toronto-argonauts-adidas-player-pullover-hood), a short sleeve shirt similar in design to this (https://argosshop.ca/collections/mens/products/toronto-argonauts-adidas-sideline-hustle-ultimate-tee) but with the hoodies colours, this scarf (https://argosshop.ca/collections/mens/products/toronto-argonauts-adidas-jacquard-scarf) I believe, a couple of hats and a toque I haven't seen on either ArgosShop.ca or CFLShop.ca. Also a long sleeve 1/4 zip up shirt that looks similar to the polo shirt and a drifit hoodie in dark blue with a large Argos shield logo on the front.

EDIT: Just saw adidas.ca has Argos merchandise up now online (http://www.adidas.ca/en/search?q=Argonauts). Here is the new t-shirt (http://www.adidas.ca/en/mens-toronto-argonauts-player-short-sleeve-crew-tee/AV4535.html) and the drifit hoodie (http://www.adidas.ca/en/mens-toronto-argonauts-training-long-sleeve-hoodie/AV8591.html) mentioned above.

Neely2005
06-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Just bought 2 Argonauts Folding Chairs on www.bestbuy.ca $24.99 each.

T-Bone
06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Just bought 2 Argonauts Folding Chairs on www.bestbuy.ca $24.99 each.
I got one of those awhile back (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?368-Argos-Merchandise&p=64043&viewfull=1#post64043). The carry bag is cheap but the chair is decent.

mchesher03
06-03-2016, 01:58 PM
chairs look nice - i'm thinking father's day gifts for the old man.

next up one of those flagpoles that can be secured under the car tire.

20 days till the opener (i know first pre-season game is sooner but i'm at my sister's wedding - casual fan lol)

jerrym
06-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an Argos cap in Vancouver?

argonaut11xx
06-03-2016, 04:39 PM

Hi Jerry,

I live in Langley, but am in ON for another fews weeks, i can always bring one back for you. Just let me know what style you like. The only place ive found in BC is "Sports and Stuff" in Chilliwack. They have a limited supply of CFL garb.

jerrym
06-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Hi Jerry,

I live in Langley, but am in ON for another fews weeks, i can always bring one back for you. Just let me know what style you like. The only place ive found in BC is "Sports and Stuff" in Chilliwack. They have a limited supply of CFL garb.

Thanks argonaut11xx. I really appreciate this. Here's the one I would like.

QUICK VIEW (http://www.argofans.com/p/20256164/quickView)
https://lf.lids.com/hwl?set=sku[20256164],c[2],w[400],h[300]&call=url[file:product] (https://www.lids.ca/toronto-argonauts-new-era-cfl-basic-59fifty-cap/20256164)Toronto Argonauts New Era CFL Basic 59FIFTY Cap (https://www.lids.ca/toronto-argonauts-new-era-cfl-basic-59fifty-cap/20256164)

PullTogether73
06-04-2016, 12:20 AM
next up one of those flagpoles that can be secured under the car tire.

Flagpole secured under a car tire?
What?
Please explain.

Will
06-04-2016, 08:12 AM

There's a store at the Richmond Centre where I bought an Argos cap a few years ago, but don't ask me to remember the name.

Stevoman
06-04-2016, 10:09 AM

I get all my gear from lids.ca sent to Willowbrook mall in Langley. I've occasionally seen Argos hats there as well. In fact the one you want is here:https://www.lids.ca/toronto-argonauts-new-era-cfl-basic-59fifty-cap/20256164 and can be sent to any lids store with no shipping charges.

jerrym
06-04-2016, 03:28 PM
There's a store at the Richmond Centre where I bought an Argos cap a few years ago, but don't ask me to remember the name.

I get all my gear from lids.ca sent to Willowbrook mall in Langley. I've occasionally seen Argos hats there as well. In fact the one you want is here:https://www.lids.ca/toronto-argonauts-new-era-cfl-basic-59fifty-cap/20256164 and can be sent to any lids store with no shipping charges.

Thanks for the information.

1argoholic
06-04-2016, 05:14 PM
jerry I hope you have a huge head or are a rap star. I find that brand to fit like a bucket. I don't do the ear tuck under the hat thing. I just pee'd $20 on a hat a Church Key Brewery last week because I didn't try it. Man it fits strange as hell. Sort of trucker style but strange fit.

mchesher03
06-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Flagpole secured under a car tire?
What?
Please explain.

not sure how feasible it may or may not be with my little sedan - but this link should help:
http://www.amazon.com/Flagpole-Go-Ultimate-Tailgaters-Package/dp/B00JXSSI7W

I'd love to have that with my argo flag flying. I'm working on where I'm going to get it from here as I can't see anything in Canada currently.

mchesher03
06-05-2016, 11:53 AM
ok - that link i posted above was to a US site, HUGE shipping and handling fees - this includes the tiremount and flagpole and is in CDN $:

https://www.wayfair.ca/Ultimate-Tailgaters-Telescoping-Flagpole-TUTP-XX-JTZ1029.html

my order is already in.

PullTogether73
06-05-2016, 12:37 PM
ok - that link i posted above was to a US site, HUGE shipping and handling fees - this includes the tiremount and flagpole and is in CDN $:

https://www.wayfair.ca/Ultimate-Tailgaters-Telescoping-Flagpole-TUTP-XX-JTZ1029.html

my order is already in.

Wow!
I've never seen that.
(Mind you, I haven't been to a real tailgate yet either.)
Impressive!

mchesher03
06-06-2016, 02:53 PM
hah my only experiences with tailgating have been U Michigan, Penn State and the Bills. Very different experience in each case. This flag would be on the lower end of paraphernalia in other places. anyhow guess there's no better time then the present to start building something here...

KCargosfan
06-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Wow!
I've never seen that.
(Mind you, I haven't been to a real tailgate yet either.)
Impressive!

hah my only experiences with tailgating have been U Michigan, Penn State and the Bills. Very different experience in each case. This flag would be on the lower end of paraphernalia in other places. anyhow guess there's no better time then the present to start building something here...

FWIW, you see about 35-40 vehicles with flags like that at K-State, so I encourage you to get it going at Argos games.

RB957
06-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Just bought 2 Argonauts Folding Chairs on www.bestbuy.ca (http://www.bestbuy.ca) $24.99 each.

Thanks for posting this... I just ordered two as a gift for myself for Father's Day!

BATKINSON001
06-12-2016, 04:14 PM
Thanks for posting this... I just ordered two as a gift for myself for Father's Day! would be nice if i could use this in the stadium, the plastic seats suck.

timlb01
06-13-2016, 09:45 AM
Merchandise can be purchases inside the stadium and at The Shipyard

What and where is "The Shipyard". I assume it is the stadium store at BMO????? I googled it and found nothing.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a blank Argonauts Signature Series jersey customized with a name and numbers?

T-Bone
06-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Merchandise can be purchases inside the stadium and at The Shipyard

What and where is "The Shipyard". I assume it is the stadium store at BMO????? I googled it and found nothing.
I assume "The Shipyard" is located at the tailgate but I'm not 100% on that. Merchandise was avilable at all the kiosks at BMO Field as far as I could tell.

Does anyone know where I can get a blank Argonauts Signature Series jersey customized with a name and numbers?
I think you can only get them from ArgosShop.ca and CFLShop.ca at this time. At the game on Saturday I figured they would have pre-made jerseys but they didn't and they didn't know how cresting was going to be done yet so it wasn't an option.

argomANIA
06-13-2016, 01:50 PM

I just dealt with Mr. Uniform in Stoney Creek. He said he'd do Argo jerseys too. I had a t-shirt done tho so I can't comment on the jersey cresting quality. But he's the official guy of the Ti-Cats cresting.

Neely2005
06-13-2016, 02:44 PM
I just dealt with Mr. Uniform in Stoney Creek. He said he'd do Argo jerseys too. I had a t-shirt done tho so I can't comment on the jersey cresting quality. But he's the official guy of the Ti-Cats cresting.

Thanks. Hopefully there wouldn't be any cross contamination from the Ticats merchandise.
:-)

Kenners
06-16-2016, 10:42 AM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1196/4774/products/CFL-YCP-TOR_large.jpg?v=1466015143
new "You Can Play" collection: http://www.youcanplayproject.org/

https://cflshop.ca/collections/you-can-play-collection

ArgoGabe22
06-16-2016, 11:23 AM
That's pretty neat.

Kenners
06-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Anyone know where i can pick up an Argos car flag?? Only canadian tire close enough was yonge and church and even though their website has 12 in stock....no one could seem to find the damn things (smh wtf). I wanna stick one on the back of my motorcycle.

Kenners
06-24-2016, 10:18 PM
Loved Chad Owens player hat, looks like they used it for the design of these guys. love it. glad to see it. all available now for those who couldn't grab the Chad Owens one last year!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1236/8152/products/CFL-HAT-TOR-HR.jpg?v=1466774876

https://argosshop.ca/collections/argos-collection/products/toronto-argonauts-exclusive-new-era

BATKINSON001
06-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Anyone know where i can pick up an Argos car flag?? Only canadian tire close enough was yonge and church and even though their website has 12 in stock....no one could seem to find the damn things (smh wtf). I wanna stick one on the back of my motorcycle.

There is one on Argosshop.ca in the novelties section

Kenners
06-24-2016, 11:45 PM
There is one on Argosshop.ca in the novelties section yeah I was hoping to find a store with one, already made an order before and paying shipping for just the flag is a bit rough. May have to do so though. Thanks!

Neely2005
06-25-2016, 10:12 AM

Try going on the Canadian Tire website and searching for it at other locations. Once you're in the store find the big Monitor and search it again, it will tell you what section it's in and will show a path on the Map from your current location in the store.

Kenners
06-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Try going on the Canadian Tire website and searching for it at other locations. Once you're in the store find the big Monitor and search it again, it will tell you what section it's in and will show a path on the Map from your current location in the store. yeah i tried that, for some reason the system didnt have the flags in any specific aisle. Even asked customer service and they were baffled.

1argoholic
06-25-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm sure you could buy a flag made in China for every Euro country in soccer but no Argo flags. That sounds about right for our great country.

argofandave
06-26-2016, 07:43 PM
Clothing is 50% off at Value Village tomorrow (Monday, June 27th).

PullTogether73
07-05-2016, 12:22 PM
I bought Argonauts cotton boxer shorts at Walmart yesterday.
I previously had the same with the Argos logo and footballs scattered across the fabric. Never really liked that one.
These new ones are simply Oxford blue throughout, with the Argonauts shield logo and "Est. 1873" all on the lower left leg.
$9.97 each.
They also had full length pyjama pants in the same design.

Neely2005
07-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Sportchek has a little bit of Argonauts gear on sale online right now.

Downtownfan
07-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Sportchek has a little bit of Argonauts gear on sale online right now.

Where? The one at the Stockyards has nothing CFL as far as I can see. I am actually pissed off about this-- wasn't Sportchek started by John Forzani of the Stamps? I know it is owned by Canadian Tire, but it so pathetic that they don't have any CFL stuff.

AngeloV
07-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Where? The one at the Stockyards has nothing CFL as far as I can see. I am actually pissed off about this-- wasn't Sportchek started by John Forzani of the Stamps? I know it is owned by Canadian Tire, but it so pathetic that they don't have any CFL stuff.

Not a tonne of stuff, but below is the link for online.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/fan-shop/cfl/toronto-argonauts.html#preselectedBrandsNumber=0&preselectedCategoriesNumber=3&q1=Fan+Shop&q2=CFL&q3=Toronto+Argonauts&rank=licensed-rank&sort=availabilityDate&x1=c.category-level-1&x2=c.category-level-2&x3=c.category-level-3&lastVisibleProductNumber=4

Downtownfan
07-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Not a tonne of stuff, but below is the link for online.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/fan-shop/cfl/toronto-argonauts.html#preselectedBrandsNumber=0&preselectedCategoriesNumber=3&q1=Fan+Shop&q2=CFL&q3=Toronto+Argonauts&rank=licensed-rank&sort=availabilityDate&x1=c.category-level-1&x2=c.category-level-2&x3=c.category-level-3&lastVisibleProductNumber=4

OK, thanks.

1971GreyCup
07-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Is that last year's Reebok merchandise with old CFL logo?

ArgoZ
07-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Is that last year's Reebok merchandise with old CFL logo?

Most items are. There is not a lot of Adidas merchandise available at various sources yet. I did get an awesome boat logo t-shirt from Lids. https://www.lids.ca/toronto-argonauts-adidas-cfl-men%27s-logo-era-t-shirt/20857468

Argos1983
07-08-2016, 08:56 AM
^Just ordered that boat logo shirt, it's a beauty!! - if you send to a store for pickup the shipping is free, maybe even avoid potential postal strike issues too.....

argofandave
08-19-2016, 02:38 PM
I went to the CNE before yesterday's Argo game and Hip Leather is back again this year in the same location with their CFL belt buckles. The only other Argo merchandise I saw for sale were Argo toques in a booth called Sports Apparel Clearance in the north side of the Enercare Centre (formerly the Direct Energy Centre). They also had Eskimos toques and pink toques with the CFL logo on them. The only shirts they had were BC Lions and Stamps golf shirts. Also in the Enercare Centre is a craft beer booth which has Lake of Bays Pigskin Pilsner draught which is brewed in association with the CFL Alumni Association.

Just a reminder to check out Hip Leather in booth 110 in the Arts, Crafts & Hobbies building at the CNE assuming they're back again this year. Last year, they had belt buckles for all CFL teams including the Renegades but not the Redblacks. The price is around $40-50 and they have 2 versions (silver & colour) for each team with the colour ones costing $5 more.

BATKINSON001
08-19-2016, 04:56 PM
Just a reminder to check out Hip Leather in booth 110 in the Arts, Crafts & Hobbies building at the CNE assuming they're back again this year. Last year, they had belt buckles for all CFL teams including the Renegades but not the Redblacks. The price is around $40-50 and they have 2 versions (silver & colour) for each team with the colour ones costing $5 more.

Where is that building located?

I know where the horse palace is and the food building, that's it.

argofandave
08-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Where is that building located?

I know where the horse palace is and the food building, that's it.

It's just west of BMO Field.

gilthethrill
08-19-2016, 10:13 PM

Sad that all the CFL merchandise at the Ex is the same beltbuckles (who buys those these days anyways?) that you mention every year. Recall in my youth buying my first Holloway jersey and my buddy getting a sweet Brock jersey.

BATKINSON001
08-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Sad that all the CFL merchandise at the Ex is the same beltbuckles (who buys those these days anyways?) that you mention every year. Recall in my youth buying my first Holloway jersey and my buddy getting a sweet Brock jersey. at least there's Merch to be bought. I loom forward to getting an Argos belt buckle and a new belt.

argofandave
08-19-2016, 11:34 PM
Sad that all the CFL merchandise at the Ex is the same beltbuckles (who buys those these days anyways?) that you mention every year. Recall in my youth buying my first Holloway jersey and my buddy getting a sweet Brock jersey.

Unfortunately, the CNE is like the rest of Toronto where it's easier to find NFL than CFL merchandise to buy. Up until about 10 years ago, there was a Sports Zone in the Better Living Centre where the Argos, Leafs, Jays, and Raptors all had booths with merchandise for sale. Even the CFHOF would occasionally have a booth there. Hip Leather always seem to be busy and they have all sorts of belt buckles there including ones from other sports leagues, beer, car brands, rock bands, etc.

shayman
08-19-2016, 11:53 PM
Where is [the Arts, Crafts & Hobbies] building located?

Immediately west of BMO Field. Here's a CNE Map -

http://theex.com/assets/pdf/documents/Maps/cne_map_2016.pdf

argofandave
08-20-2016, 09:27 AM
at least there's Merch to be bought. I loom forward to getting an Argos belt buckle and a new belt.

Hip Leather may be cash only.

BATKINSON001
08-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Hip Leather may be cash only.there will probably be an ATM somewhere nearby.

Will
08-21-2016, 01:17 AM
In one of the old buildings attached to that new building (the whateverthefuckit'scalled centre) a few of the stores had some blank Argo jerseys, hats, t-shirts etc.

PullTogether73
08-21-2016, 03:50 AM

Found these guys after I left the Argos blowout in the third quarter.:(

Belt buckle was really sharp in colour.
I didn't buy it, but it was really nice.
They have the REDBLACKS this year btw.

PullTogether73
08-21-2016, 03:53 AM
Am I the only one who finds the Argos merchandise at the games really boring and uninspired?
Hoodies, t-shirts, hats...all boring designs compared to previous years.
And the range of merchandise is small.
I was looking for decals and eyeblack stickers, which have been available in previous years.
Nothing.

I'm not impressed tbh.

BATKINSON001
08-21-2016, 10:34 AM
Found these guys after I left the Argos blowout in the third quarter.:(

Belt buckle was really sharp in colour.
I didn't buy it, but it was really nice.
They have the REDBLACKS this year btw.what were they charging?

argofandave
08-21-2016, 03:28 PM
In one of the old buildings attached to that new building (the whateverthefuckit'scalled centre) a few of the stores had some blank Argo jerseys, hats, t-shirts etc.

I found 4 stores in the Warehouse Section of the Enercare Centre that sold CFL merchandise. Lids was one of them and they had several boxes of hats and toques for $6 each. I didn't look through all of the boxes but I did see hats from all CFL teams except the Argos. They also had a couple of Calgary and Edmonton mini helmets for $6 each. Another store had Argo and Grey Cup 101 toques for $17 each or 2 for $30. A store that sold mainly DVDs also had some CFL t-shirts and hoodies. Tees were $10 each and hoodies were $40 each. There were 2 different Argo shirts but no Argo hoodies. I did buy a nice hoodie that I've never seen before. It had the previous CFL logo with "FOOTBALL" on the front and CFL team logo patches on the sleeves. All 5 West teams on the right sleeve and all 4 East teams on the left sleeve. It's made by Waves and cost $50. The 4th store had all sorts of CFL children's clothing for every team.

PullTogether73
08-21-2016, 03:32 PM
what were they charging?

$40

7dj83r8f78t4alf8