PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Ball

mchesher03
12-23-2015, 01:35 PM
wouldn't be surprised to see Marcus Ball being cut from the Panthers Practice Roster over the next few weeks if not sooner given his involvement in the Odell Beckham scuffles on Saturday and his precarious status as a scout team member.

We have never really filled that role since he left although Isaac I thought played decent this year. I would take him over most of our LB corps except Cory Greenwood (National) and even Greg Jones who are more MLB types anyways.

Just wanted to see others thoughts and if they saw our former guy Ball in the mix there - I think he looks like a fool but Odell Beckham came out looking the worst of all this past weekend in my opinion.

AngeloV
12-23-2015, 01:45 PM
wouldn't be surprised to see Marcus Ball being cut from the Panthers Practice Roster over the next few weeks if not sooner given his involvement in the Odell Beckham scuffles on Saturday and his precarious status as a scout team member.

We have never really filled that role since he left although Isaac I thought played decent this year. I would take him over most of our LB corps except Cory Greenwood (National) and even Greg Jones who are more MLB types anyways.

Just wanted to see others thoughts and if they saw our former guy Ball in the mix there - I think he looks like a fool but Odell Beckham came out looking the worst of all this past weekend in my opinion.

Issaac doesn't play the same position Ball did on the Argos D. Ball played weak side, while Issaac plays strong side. Don't know about Ball's coverage skills as the SAM spot does have a lot of man to man coverage responsibilities, but IMO that isn't Issaac's strong suit either. If available, I would sign him and see. Stubler may play a 3-4, so Greenwood would likely move inside with Jones leaving the WILL spot a possibility should Ball become available.

Rich
12-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Don't know about Ball's coverage skills.

You must be forgetting Ball's two picks in the 2012 Eastern Final. This guy's got a nose for the rock, I would love to see him back in double blue.

AngeloV
12-23-2015, 04:45 PM
You must be forgetting Ball's two picks in the 2012 Eastern Final.

Not at all. As I said, the SAM spot plays a lot more man to man coverage and is often responsible for the #3 slot on an overload. The WILL spot drops more into zone (due to the fact it's the short side of the field) which is exactly what he did when he picked those balls off. But nice try there, Rich.

R.J
12-23-2015, 05:25 PM
I would love to see Ball back in the double blue. I could see him playing SAM, IMO much better cover skills than Isaac.

1argoholic
12-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Marcus has Balls! Would be great to see him back if his attitude is right.

OV Argo
12-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Like to see Ball back if his head was into the CFL; i believe he could play either OLB spot; and IMO the CFL trend to have a SAM linebacker who is mostly a cover guy who mostly turns his back and chases a receiver in coverage is stupid stuff, but standard, copy-cat CFL thinking is so common now. Real OLBs should be bigger, tougher hitters but with some good coverage skills too, and they make INTs or break up passes like AV described how Ball did by dropping and reading the QB, and not chasing a slotback down the field; if you want extra/ better coverage, put in a real DB and line him up like a D-backfielder and trust his coverage skills.

Wonder if Stubler would go back to a 3-4 look though ?; since he has done it before with the Argos; but he did not deploy that look with the Stamps, though maybe that direction came from the HC Huff ?

And that Beckham vs. Panthers with Ball swinging the baseball bat bull$hit is typical over the top, macho tough guy NFL ar$e-hole stuff; any organization that allows that type of garbage is mickey mouse - like with the Saints and their "bounty" or Brady and Bell-a-cheat deflating footballs - total bull$hit that unfortunately can happen in sports; But class teams don't allow it or condone it and get rid of clowns who would engage in this behaviour rather than condoning it - and that comes from the top on down. IF your sports team willingly and knowingly employs clowns, and ego-heads or convicted criminals (wife beaters, theives & crooks ,etc) - then IMO your team is a clown act too.

AngeloV
12-23-2015, 07:09 PM
I would love to see Ball back in the double blue. I could see him playing SAM, IMO much better cover skills than Isaac.

Not saying he can't play SAM, but he is unproven there. He's a safety in the NFL...not a hell of a lot of corner routes covered 1 on 1 there. I'll go back to what I said all of this past season, I still think Matt Ware was the best fit for the Argos at SAM.

paulwoods13
12-23-2015, 07:13 PM
I'd love him back and I'm sure we could find a spot for him, but I disagree with the idea his involvement in the beckham incident signifies he could be cut soon. His team is 14-0 and I would wager that he is seen as contributing even as a PR player.

R.J
12-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Not saying he can't play SAM, but he is unproven there. He's a safety in the NFL...not a hell of a lot of corner routes covered 1 on 1 there. I'll go back to what I said all of this past season, I still think Matt Ware was the best fit for the Argos at SAM.I'd have no issue with Ware playing SAM, either way, we need a big upgrade there.

jerrym
12-24-2015, 11:46 AM
I'd love to see him back in an Argos' uniform too. Losing him hurt the defence.

"Issues"Mcgee
12-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Would be nice to see Ball back. He will always have a place in my heart. Twice watching the Argos on tv, I turned to my friends and my father the scond time saying, "Hey, Marcus Ball is overdue for a nice pick." The very next play he would get the ball and those sick dreads would be flowing like the predator.

To my knowledge he never had behaivioural problems when he was with the Argos. If we get him back they should for good measure stick him with Pinball for a bit to help shed that NFL mentality and maybe get isnpired.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8