PDA

View Full Version : I MISS the old Blue/Gray NCAA football game!!!

1argoholic
12-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Especially today since my wife has been in Cowtown from the 18th until next Monday. Boring day here. Not into basketball. The Blue/Gray game used to be a Christmas Day staple. While we'd get loaded om my uncles expensive booze we'd watch. How the times change. Now I won't open gifts until some point after my wife comes home perhaps Ukrainian Christmas since I have those roots.
Waiting for my mom to come over for my home cooking of White Chicken Korma, Tabbouli Salad, my killer Basmatti Rice with mixed Lentils done in home made Chicken stock with Sumac and Turmeric. Gives it a killer colour. Plus Cauiflower with Ginger. Love me Indian food and Middle Eastern thus the salad. No need for tradition here. I think I may start a new one at this White Chicken Korma is the most beautiful, delicate curry ever. I'm hungry!

ArgoRavi
12-25-2015, 08:53 PM
I miss that game as well. I remember seeing Joe (747) Adams for the first time in a Blue-Gray game and then he was in Saskatchewan shortly after.

doubleblue
01-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Especially today since my wife has been in Cowtown from the 18th until next Monday. Boring day here. Not into basketball. The Blue/Gray game used to be a Christmas Day staple. While we'd get loaded om my uncles expensive booze we'd watch. How the times change. Now I won't open gifts until some point after my wife comes home perhaps Ukrainian Christmas since I have those roots.
Waiting for my mom to come over for my home cooking of White Chicken Korma, Tabbouli Salad, my killer Basmatti Rice with mixed Lentils done in home made Chicken stock with Sumac and Turmeric. Gives it a killer colour. Plus Cauiflower with Ginger. Love me Indian food and Middle Eastern thus the salad. No need for tradition here. I think I may start a new one at this White Chicken Korma is the most beautiful, delicate curry ever. I'm hungry!

Sounds like you weren't to bored to eat. lol

I to miss the old time all star bowl games. I would love to see the Can-Am game revived. If someone like TSN would sponsor it with some hype at the Rogers Center, it could have some success. But Canada would have to be able to use any Canadians from both sides of the border, not just CIS players as happened before. It has become a little difficult getting the top players to play in the All Star Bowl Games though anymore because they are afraid on an injury that would cost them money in the drafts. So it will probably remain a pipe dream. Don't know what it would cost to put on a Game like this. There would be the rent of the Stadium, players travel and room/meals, uniforms and paying the players. 2,000 for the winners, 1,500 for the losers? Play all Canadian rules and let the Americans bring who ever they could muster.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8