PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins CB Grimes' wife slams Tannehill in Twitter rant

Will
12-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Yesterday, I attended the dreadful game between the Indianapolis Colts and the Miami Dolphins that ended with the Colts winning 18-12. In the wake of this game the wife of Dolphins CB Brent Grimes went on a Twitter rant against Ryan Tannehill. You can read about it here (http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/28/dolphins-cb-grimes-wife-slams-tannehill-in-twitter-rant). Anyways, I'm not here to comment on the merits of what she said. However, I found the whole topic of interest because of Area 51 and his relationship to Ricky Foley. Area 51's rants have seen him banned here, but to my knowledge no media member has picked up on the relationship. Has Area 51's actions online impacted your view of Foley the player? For me, I admit, that it has.

ArgoGabe22
12-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Has Area 51's actions online impacted your view of Foley the player? For me, I admit, that it has.

Without a doubt. A51 plus Foley's own twitter account when he was here in 2012 changed my views but I only hear good things about him in person. Ricky that is.

paulwoods13
12-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Area51 was a big reason I said after the season that re-signing RF was not a priority for me. Even tho he no longer posts here and has been banned (at least for now) from Riderfans, he's so annoying that it galls me we are cheering for the same player and team. That said, I'm glad RF is back with us especially since I am expecting Laing to be in an NFL camp.

ArgoRavi
12-29-2015, 12:36 AM
I found myself feeling negatively towards Foley when Area 51 was posting here during Foley's first go-around as an Argo and was somewhat relieved to see him go to Saskatchewan. However, those feelings of negativity did disappear upon Foley's return to Toronto. It probably helps that Area 51 no longer posts here.

Scooter McCray
12-29-2015, 11:21 AM
This is all before my time here. Who is Area 51? I like Foley the player and person. I will never forget his contribution to the 2012 GC. His passion as a GTA player and for the Argos is genuine. Not too many players have won championships with 3 different teams. He is a winner.

AngeloV
12-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Area 51 has absolutely no bearing on any aspect of what I cheer for. I think it's pretty ridiculous not to want Foley back because of some things his brother says on a fan forum.

Kenners
12-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Area 51 has absolutely no bearing on any aspect of what I cheer for. I think it's pretty ridiculous not to want Foley back because of some things his brother says on a fan forum. What did he say?? I'm new here :D

AngeloV
12-29-2015, 03:45 PM
He was pretty brutal. Used to bad mouth everyone except for his brother...from coaches to other players.

Will
12-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Area 51 posted on this forum between 2011 and 2012. He was often critical of certain players and coaches, but would often go a little far with his criticism. His favorite targets were Chris Jones, Orlondo Steinauer and David Lee if memory serves. We know that Ricky was at odds with Jones. Some research by Mulder, the former administrator of this site dug up that Area 51 was indeed Foley's brother. This was after, Area 51 sparred with Byron Parker on the old FOA site, which actually got some press coverage in the National Post and I believe was part of the impetus that led to the two sites de-merging. I found the situation with Tannehill and Grimes similar.

shayman
12-29-2015, 03:53 PM
National Post story.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/cfl/parker-ready-to-mix-it-up-with-argos-fans

Will
12-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks for digging that one up, Shayman.

ArgoGabe22
12-29-2015, 07:48 PM
His favorite targets were Chris Jones, Orlondo Steinauer and David Lee if memory serves.

Also EJ Kuale who had no business playing DE, which of course is Ricky's position. I found it funny how Lee went to SSK with Foley but it's too bad that Lee now appears to be out of the league.

1argoholic
12-30-2015, 10:17 AM
I never had issues with Area 51 and his passion. He added life to the forum. To each his own as the old saying goes. The site can become very plain white bread and needs a good kick in the ass and guys like Area 51 and Midnightblue added life to here.
I guess we're not like the US of A when it comes to freedom of speech. Funny how none of those guys except Foley are Argos now.
I do think there's a massive difference in a brother sounding off about his brother and a wife. I would never go into my wife's place of employment and bitch and complain about anything unless it was something that crossed a serious line. I have ZERO use for social media as I think it does very little good for our world. I bet that Grimes wife wishes she wasn't on social media at this point.

ArgoRavi
12-30-2015, 12:54 PM
I bet that Grimes wife wishes she wasn't on social media at this point.

I would take you up on that bet. I doubt that she has any regrets as she has been doing this sort of thing with some regularity from my understanding. The Dolphins want her husband to keep her under control and shut her up but it doesn't sound like she will be muzzled.

paulwoods13
12-30-2015, 02:00 PM
I have ZERO use for social media as I think it does very little good for our world.

I think this forum would be considered social media in most quarters. And for the record I'm glad you have some use for argofans.

Argo57
12-30-2015, 04:20 PM
I never had issues with Area 51 and his passion. He added life to the forum. To each his own as the old saying goes. The site can become very plain white bread and needs a good kick in the ass and guys like Area 51 and Midnightblue added life to here.
I guess we're not like the US of A when it comes to freedom of speech. Funny how none of those guys except Foley are Argos now.
I do think there's a massive difference in a brother sounding off about his brother and a wife. I would never go into my wife's place of employment and bitch and complain about anything unless it was something that crossed a serious line. I have ZERO use for social media as I think it does very little good for our world. I bet that Grimes wife wishes she wasn't on social media at this point.

Wasn't on this forum during Area51 time but have looked up his posts on the riderfan site and must admit he makes it interesting while offering some insightful observations and humour as well.

ArgoGabe22
12-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Wasn't on this forum during Area51 time but have looked up his posts on the riderfan site and must admit he makes it interesting while offering some insightful observations and humour as well.

For the record, Area51 also physically went after a forum member at an Argos game. He knew what he was doing and who he was doing it to. So if that's not considered unacceptable then I don't know what is.

Argo57
12-30-2015, 06:35 PM
For the record, Area51 also physically went after a forum member at an Argos game. He knew what he was doing and who he was doing it to. So if that's not considered unacceptable then I don't know what is.

I agree, as I said wasn't on the site when he was posting so unaware that this happened.

Double Dare
12-30-2015, 06:50 PM
The wife is an idiot.

Argo57
12-30-2015, 07:15 PM
The wife is an idiot.

+1

Will
12-30-2015, 09:06 PM

To be fair though, not everyone is aware of that incident.

1argoholic
12-31-2015, 10:55 AM
I had no idea that Area51 went after someone. The guy needs to get control of his crap in that case.

I think of Twitter, Facebook and the like as social media. I have no interest in the newer forms of social media then. I don't even have a mobile device anymore to boot.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8