PDA

View Full Version : Do you expect to be hearing any signings soon?

1argoholic
03-13-2012, 02:05 PM
News is pretty slow. Is Barker heading into camp with what we have or should we expect more free agent signings. I see they are running a bunch of free agent camps so hopefully we dig up some keepers. Perhaps a real good pash rusher like a Cam Wake type of guy. haha.

Nob
03-13-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm not expecting much between now and training camp. It looks like we are in the lull before camp starts. The good news is that camp is not all that far away!!

ArgoRavi
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
I believe that Drew Edwards said on his blog that some signings won't get announced until just before training camp and you will also have players who are signed who won't make it to training camp. We still have two and a half months and a draft before training camp begins. Does anyone know if the Argos will be holding an off-season training session this year as they did last April in Florida? Last year some of their current players showed up for this camp along with some free agents. Only the East Division teams and Edmonton IIRC had such camps last year. With all new QBs, other than BJ Hall, and a new offensive system, such a camp cannot hurt.

OV Argo
03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
How much room do the Argos have left on the TC roster?

Some CFL teams have signed quite a few new FAs this off-season, so far - the Riders and Als in particular have signed a number of pretty decent looking prospects with nice resumes (NFL experience).

Why wait till just before TC to announce signings if you have the guys lined-up? Maybe the Argos are pretty happy with their current roster heading into TC?

KCargosfan
03-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Are March, April and May the three worst months of the year to be CFL fans?

1argoholic
03-14-2012, 12:38 AM
The Argos are running camps now according to their website. Just checked again and they have three more free agent camps comimg up here real soon. Maybe we will be hearing of a few more signings. Hard to imagine them running six or so camps and finding nobody.

RoRoYoBoat
03-15-2012, 09:05 AM
The Argos are running camps now according to their website. Just checked again and they have three more free agent camps comimg up here real soon. Maybe we will be hearing of a few more signings. Hard to imagine them running six or so camps and finding nobody.

Chris Jones is doing most of the recruiting for the Argos. Expect announcements before or around the mini-camp.

http://www.newschief.com/article/20120315/NEWS/203155021/1023/sports01?Title=Local-talent-draws-CFL-to-Haines-City

1argoholic
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey RoRoYoBoat (first that's a great name and makes me laugh) where did you dig that up. I think that's the most exciting part of this time of year. I looked up Curtis Dewberry who was pictured in the article. Small rb who also looks like a great returner and also played db in highschool. These are the types of guys who could turn out to be stars in our league. The guys with big hearts who the NFL wouldn't even look at. I'm excited to hear that these free agent camps could amount to something even if just one or two guys sticks with the team.

ArgoRavi
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Hey RoRoYoBoat (first that's a great name and makes me laugh) where did you dig that up. I think that's the most exciting part of this time of year. I looked up Curtis Dewberry who was pictured in the article. Small rb who also looks like a great returner and also played db in highschool. These are the types of guys who could turn out to be stars in our league. The guys with big hearts who the NFL wouldn't even look at. I'm excited to hear that these free agent camps could amount to something even if just one or two guys sticks with the team.

Years ago, probably around 1980, I remember reading an article in the Toronto Star where they covered an Ottawa Rough Riders free agent camp in the U.S. I recall the article mentioning that if you can get even one player from a free agent camp who makes your roster, the camp would be considered to be a great success.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8