PDA

View Full Version : Riders acquire Mo Price from Redblacks

R.J
01-11-2016, 04:19 PM
http://www.riderville.com/2016/01/11/riders-acquire-receiver-maurice-price/

Very good move by the Redblacks IMO, save some money on the cap and acquire a low end draft pick, plus the swapped pick.

Fumblitis
01-12-2016, 07:33 AM
Can't say I'm overly excited about this move. Bringing in a 30 year old, high salaried receiver who's production trailed off a bit last year? I'm not sure about this move.

Will
01-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Addition by subtraction for the Rough Riders, and subtraction by addition for the Roughriders.

AngeloV
01-12-2016, 11:40 AM
We shall see. I thought Price was very good in Calgary. He may re-find his game in Saskatchewan, and if he does, good move for them. Again, no risk on their part. If they don't like what they see, they cut him, and don't pay that salary.

R.J
01-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Price signed an extension, thought to include a bit of a pay cut.

Wobbler
01-12-2016, 02:51 PM
The price of Price was awfully low. Despite his history of making dumb comments, this seems like a good move by the Riders.

KCargosfan
01-13-2016, 01:01 AM
We shall see. I thought Price was very good in Calgary. He may re-find his game in Saskatchewan, and if he does, good move for them. Again, no risk on their part. If they don't like what they see, they cut him, and don't pay that salary.

Agreed, Price was money in Calgary. Maybe he just didn't gel with Burris, or maybe received more attention from defenses?

And like you said, if they don't like him in TC, they just cut him. Heck, cut him and re-sign him for $85K.

Will
01-13-2016, 08:57 AM
Agreed, Price was money in Calgary. Maybe he just didn't gel with Burris, or maybe received more attention from defenses?

And like you said, if they don't like him in TC, they just cut him. Heck, cut him and re-sign him for $85K.

I believe that Price was the first receiver that Ottawa acquired in an effort to improve that aspect of their team and then they signed Jackson, Ellingson, Sinopoli and Williams. That likely didn't place Price far down the depth chart, but he probably didn't show enough in training camp relative to the others to remain a relevant part of that offense. Plus, we can surmise from his Twitter activity that he may not be the greatest teammate.

OV Argo
01-13-2016, 01:33 PM

Yeah - he has some skills for sure, but so do the other receivers Ottawa went out and got; and Burris played with Williams & Ellingson before, and Jackson and Sinopoli are better all-around receivers (better hands for sure) than Price - who was supposed to be a deep threat there, but was not that much and Burris seemed to miss him a lot when he tried + dropped passes. No big loss for Ottawa IMO - and they should be giving former draft pick MacDonnell more of a shot.

AngeloV
01-13-2016, 01:44 PM
I think it should also be pointed out that Price played the field side receiver in Ottawa, the receiver spot that gets the least amount of balls thrown to. I think it's safe to say that his role would have been different if they didn't sign Chris Williams, who took the boundary wide out spot which likely was slated to be where Price was going to line up originally.

R.J
01-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Price is fast and that is his greatest strength, his weakness however, is that he isn't a good route runner, go routes or bust for Price IMO.

AngeloV
01-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Price is fast and that is his greatest strength, his weakness however, is that he isn't a good route runner, go routes or bust for Price IMO.

His Speed alone makes it easy for him to cut off a go route and be wide open. I just don't think he was used to his best abilities in Ottawa, but with the success they had with the other receivers, you can't really question their philosophy. I really think he will have a big bounce back season in Saskatchewan.

jerrym
01-14-2016, 12:21 AM
Price never lived up to the promise his speed delivered in his first season and seemed to almost be missing at times in Ottawa with its 4 1,000 yard receivers.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8