PDA

View Full Version : New Exhibition Stadium pics

Qman
01-11-2016, 11:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Look at east stands at <a href="https://twitter.com/argos">@argos</a> new exhibition stadium <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cfl?src=hash">#cfl</a> <a href="https://t.co/92tsVm4EWX">pic.twitter.com/92tsVm4EWX</a></p>&mdash; Qman (@Qman604) <a href="https://twitter.com/Qman604/status/686763655774384128">January 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
http://i.imgur.com/hYLW8Wc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Qd2nJfb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pWGKFUn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5U1t0aG.jpg

T-Bone
01-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Are you taking all these pictures that you post Qman?

Will
01-12-2016, 09:37 AM
I appreciate the pictures that Qman is taking/providing.

Let's not allow this thread to descend into another pissing match please.

1argoholic
01-12-2016, 11:08 AM
Wow I can't...hahaha, just kidding!!! Actually looks better to me in those shots. Not as legoland like. I love the shot with the old buildings and the new stadium. TO does that well as it respects old buildings yet builds some cool new ones. Vancouver for example tends to look mostly like one big mirror downtown.

timlb01
01-12-2016, 06:14 PM
I love when you post the pictures. I am so looking forward to next year! Thanks!!!!

argotom
01-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Good photos.
I hope the Argos change their mind and we get a chance during an open house to pick out the seats for the season ticket holders.

Neely2005
01-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Good photos.
I hope the Argos change their mind and we get a chance during an open house to pick out the seats for the season ticket holders.

It's winter and it's a construction zone. I don't see how they can do this unless they wait until the very last minute.

Argo57
01-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Good photos.

Too time consuming and unnecessary, BMO virtual seating map is all you need no guesswork gives you exact sight lines from any seat.

Qman
01-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Remember 107 is football 55yd line on the eastside and aisle between 123/124 is 55 yd line on the west ... if your looking at the soccer virtual seating map. soccer and football will have different centrefields.

PullTogether73
01-12-2016, 11:57 PM
Let's not allow this thread to descend into another pissing match please.

I'm not out to start any pissing match, but can we call it what it is?
BMO Field (or Renovated BMO Field if you wish).

This is not "New Exhibition Stadium". It is almost 10 years old and is not named after the original Exhibition Stadium.

Pics are great btw.

AngeloV
01-13-2016, 11:41 AM
I'm not out to start any pissing match, but can we call it what it is?
BMO Field (or Renovated BMO Field if you wish).

Just out of curiosity, has BMO renewed their naming rights deal? Wasn't it to end in 2016?

R.J
01-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, has BMO renewed their naming rights deal? Wasn't it to end in 2016?
2016 is BMO's last year as naming rights holder. They haven't renewed and I'm not even sure if TFC has a jersey sponsor for this season either. BMO field will probably be named something else in 2017.

AngeloV
01-13-2016, 01:34 PM
2016 is BMO's last year as naming rights holder. They haven't renewed and I'm not even sure if TFC has a jersey sponsor for this season either. BMO field will probably be named something else in 2017.

In that case, Exhibition stadium is good with me.

Invader
01-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Rogers Field?

ArgoZ
01-13-2016, 07:53 PM
It's winter and it's a construction zone. I don't see how they can do this unless they wait until the very last minute.

Even though it was a great idea and even if the Argos wanted to do it, it cannot happen until late May, when it no longer becomes a construction zone. This is likely too late for a season ticket push, but I guess there's a small timeframe that it could happen, if a late ST push is neccessary.

Qman
01-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Even though it was a great idea and even if the Argos wanted to do it, it cannot happen until late May, when it no longer becomes a construction zone. This is likely too late for a season ticket push, but I guess there's a small timeframe that it could happen, if a late ST push is neccessary.

its a good idea after the club takes care of the long time season ticket holders and people coming back take the time to confirm with those people they are in the right seats and are happy

.... then after you have taken care of 15k of those people, you have a sunday in may for people still on the fence and you have little flags in open seats and then come and pick there seats out, have some bbq and meet some players, etc

jerrym
01-13-2016, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the pictures, Qman. It's great that things moving ahead, especially after the gloom and doom of last year.

Gill The Thrill
01-14-2016, 01:15 AM
Wow I can't...hahaha, just kidding!!! Actually looks better to me in those shots. Not as legoland like. I love the shot with the old buildings and the new stadium. TO does that well as it respects old buildings yet builds some cool new ones. Vancouver for example tends to look mostly like one big mirror downtown.
Actually Toronto is not known as a city that has preserved their old buildings compared with other cities in North America.Toronto tore down many of their art deco style buildings from the early 20th century in the downtown core to make the same glass towers that you speak of in Vancouver. It looks like a South Asian city in terms of architecture. Other than Old City Hall and the Royal York, I think there is nothing aesthetically pleasing about downtown architecture, but that's my opinion....the flat iron building is also pretty interesting, and I'm sure there are a few other small buildings. I also like the character of those CNE buildings that mimic 19th century buildings where the firehall and mobile police station are located.

I actually don't mind BMO field at all, the concourse will be as wide as Tim Hortons Field, and it holds more in capacity. The roof will also make it more comfortable for fans in foul weather games shielding the sun, rain and snow. Real football in a real football stadium with seats running parallel to the field not in a bowl configuration which puts fans 50 yds away from the field at the 55 yd line will be great.

PullTogether73
01-14-2016, 05:33 AM
rogers field?

Don't even joke about that!!!!!

Neely2005
01-14-2016, 08:41 AM
Actually Toronto is not known as a city that has preserved their old buildings compared with other cities in North America.Toronto tore down many of their art deco style buildings from the early 20th century in the downtown core to make the same glass towers that you speak of in Vancouver. It looks like a South Asian city in terms of architecture. Other than Old City Hall and the Royal York, I think there is nothing aesthetically pleasing about downtown architecture, but that's my opinion....the flat iron building is also pretty interesting, and I'm sure there are a few other small buildings. I also like the character of those CNE buildings that mimic 19th century buildings where the firehall and mobile police station are located.

I actually don't mind BMO field at all, the concourse will be as wide as Tim Hortons Field, and it holds more in capacity. The roof will also make it more comfortable for fans in foul weather games shielding the sun, rain and snow. Real football in a real football stadium with seats running parallel to the field not in a bowl configuration which puts fans 50 yds away from the field at the 55 yd line will be great.

You forgot Union Station, Queens Park, The Hockey Hall of Fame... Also there is a building facade that was preserved inside the indoor atrium on the walk to the HHOF.

Rich
01-14-2016, 10:57 AM
It's curious that the roof has a downward slope and then angles up again as it gets closer to the field. Drainage issues, I guess. But it looks like if you're in the very top row you could practically touch the roof. That won't be a very pleasant experience, especially for the claustrophobic.

1argoholic
01-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Plenty of cool old buildings downtown. When I'm in the downtown core I never do anything but walk. TO also builds up from old buildings such as such as One Kind West Hotel. Keep the old feel from when it was a bank to the hotel it is today. Too many new mirrored buildings especially around the dome.

GabrielHurl
01-15-2016, 08:56 AM
Are you taking all these pictures that you post Qman?

He might have taken the first one - but the other 4 pictures he posted were taken by me.

I posted them and (about 40 others) on the RPB forum back on January 2nd - http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38472-BMO-Field-construction-thread&p=1776704&viewfull=1#post1776704

AngeloV
01-15-2016, 10:38 AM
He might have taken the first one - but the other 4 pictures he posted were taken by me.

I posted them and (about 40 others) on the RPB forum back on January 2nd - http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?38472-BMO-Field-construction-thread&p=1776704&viewfull=1#post1776704

Waaaa!!! If you post something on a public forum, anyone can take them.

Who was the stooge that informed you of this? Or do I even have to ask. Some people are so damn petty.

paulwoods13
01-15-2016, 10:49 AM
Waaaa!!! If you post something on a public forum, anyone can take them.

Who was the stooge that informed you of this? Or do I even have to ask. Some people are so damn petty.

Why do you think he is complaining? He stated it as fact, without comment as far as I can see. And he even was kind enough to provide a link to all of his pix. I personally appreciate the fact that anyone is taking and posting these pictures, and that qman is posting them on our forum. There's no need for any of us to engage in the pettiness that often plagues redpatchboys. So for the record, welcome to the forum, GabrielHurl!

AngeloV
01-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Why do you think he is complaining? He stated it as fact, without comment as far as I can see. And he even was kind enough to provide a link to all of his pix. I personally appreciate the fact that anyone is taking and posting these pictures, and that qman is posting them on our forum. There's no need for any of us to engage in the pettiness that often plagues redpatchboys. So for the record, welcome to the forum, GabrielHurl!

I took it as an attack on Qman. If you choose to see it differently, that is fine. You don't find it odd that someone that has never posted here before but is on RPB would make that his first post? Sorry Paul, I smell a rat.

ArgoGabe22
01-15-2016, 11:09 AM
For future reference, when posting a picture that is not originally yours please credit the original photographer/poster out of common courtesy. Thanks!

R.J
01-15-2016, 12:27 PM
I took it as an attack on Qman. If you choose to see it differently, that is fine. You don't find it odd that someone that has never posted here before but is on RPB would make that his first post? Sorry Paul, I smell a rat.
That's how I saw it Angelo.

GabrielHurl
01-15-2016, 01:01 PM
I wasn't attacking anyone - just pointing out that I took those pictures.

For future reference, when posting a picture that is not originally yours please credit the original photographer/poster out of common courtesy. Thanks!

Thank you!

Neely2005
01-15-2016, 01:17 PM

Thank you and welcome to the Forum.

AngeloV
01-15-2016, 02:22 PM
That's how I saw it Angelo.

I will even go as far as to not hate on the poster. It's so obvious that he had no idea about this forum (based on the fact that he had never posted here before), until some stooge wanted to rat on Qman for posting "stolen" (even though they are already on public social media) pics. There just seems to be a very childish agenda by someone here.

paulwoods13
01-15-2016, 02:27 PM
Let it go, AV. You're making some broad assumptions, but regardless, it doesn't matter. We are getting pictures of the stadium that we are going to share with TFC. Great!

We can co-exist.

R.J
01-15-2016, 02:52 PM
The issue I suppose is that Qman has been posting this pics and posted them on twitter as if they were his own. In either case I've been told that's it's proper internet etiquette to posed links as to where you get your information from. While it does look like an attack, I'm not going to lie, I've questioned where Qman is getting these pictures from, because I've seen a lot of them on RPB, twitter and the cfl forums. There's no need for any future kerfuffle, appreciate the pics and ensure that credit is given where it's due.

T-Bone
01-15-2016, 03:27 PM

You don't find it odd that someone that has never posted here before but is on RPB would make that his first post? Sorry Paul, I smell a rat.

It's so obvious that he had no idea about this forum (based on the fact that he had never posted here before), until some stooge wanted to rat on Qman for posting "stolen" (even though they are already on public social media) pics. There just seems to be a very childish agenda by someone here.
Just for the record since I believe AngeloV is insinuating that I may have tipped off RPB about the photos, I did not. I had a feeling something like this might happen though because of the way Qman has been posting these photos on Twitter and here. I didn't want to accuse Qman of using other peoples content but I had seen several of the same photos posted elsewhere on Twitter and over at the RPB board which is why I asked about the photos a couple of times but Qman didn't respond.

AngeloV
01-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Just for the record since I believe AngeloV is insinuating that I may have tipped off RPB about the photos, I did not. I had a feeling something like this might happen though because of the way Qman has been posting these photos on Twitter and here. I didn't want to accuse Qman of using other peoples content but I had seen several of the same photos posted elsewhere on Twitter and over at the RPB board which is why I asked about the photos a couple of times but Qman didn't respond.

Don't know what you are talking about. Are you the only one that posts on both boards?

Rich
01-15-2016, 03:58 PM
There just seems to be a very childish agenda by someone here.

Now THAT'S irony! lol

AngeloV
01-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Now THAT'S irony! lol

I may be childish at times, but I have no agenda o brilliant one.

R.J
01-15-2016, 04:11 PM
Now THAT'S irony! lol
People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

T-Bone
01-15-2016, 04:19 PM
Don't know what you are talking about. Are you the only one that posts on both boards?
What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about? Your making insinuations about someone with an agenda. Like I said, I think you are insinuating that I informed someone at RPB because you know I post on their on occasion. I can't speak for anyone else so I don't know who outside of me from this board posts on RPB but I know there is a Qman account over there.

Rich
01-15-2016, 04:27 PM
People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

You guys should start a comedy duo.

GabrielHurl
01-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Not that I should have to justify myself to anybody but no-one "stooged" anything to me. I've been a lurker on this board for about 2 years now.

Full disclosure - yes I'm a TFC fan and poster over at the RPB board(I had season tickets for the first 5 years of the team before giving them up). I've also averaged going to one Argos game a season when I can for the last 8/9 years and I recently paid $50 for a season seat deposit.

I didn't realize it was a crime to support both

And yes - I signed up today because I saw pictures that I took posted here. Someone had asked where he got them so I signed up and answered the question. What's wrong with that? Common message board etiquette is to post a link as to where you got the pictures particularly is someone else took them. I'm the guy who spent an hour walking around the stadium on a freezing cold Sunday afternoon 2 weeks ago.

It's not like I came in "attacking" the poster demanding for them to credit me credit like some people have it in their heads.

It's always good to get a nice friendly welcome. :peekaboo:

DoubleBlue_Red
01-15-2016, 04:54 PM
I wonder if the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders have the same rivalry that we have in this neck of the woods? Of course they play on astro-turf so maybe not as big a deal.

R.J
01-15-2016, 05:01 PM
I wonder if the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders have the same rivalry that we have in this neck of the woods? Of course they play on astro-turf so maybe not as big a deal.
I doubt it. Originally TFC fans had zero issues with sharing with the Argonauts when the Argonauts were taking the lead at UofT and York, once they got their own playpen and the Argonauts owners started looking at BMO in 07 or 08, that's where it all seemed to start. I still think BMO will eventually have some type of Fifa approved turf before long, the economics of it just make too much sense. I could also see an Argonaut only turf put over the grass, which makes sense too, as the Argonauts practice at Downsview and not BMO, so would only need the stadium for game days.

AngeloV
01-15-2016, 05:06 PM
What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about? Your making insinuations about someone with an agenda. Like I said, I think you are insinuating that I informed someone at RPB because you know I post on their on occasion. I can't speak for anyone else so I don't know who outside of me from this board posts on RPB but I know there is a Qman account over there.

Why are you getting so defensive? Again, I didn't mention that I was thinking it was you. Can you come up with a quote from me where I said it was you?

T-Bone
01-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Why are you getting so defensive? Again, I didn't mention that I was thinking it was you. Can you come up with a quote from me where I said it was you?
I honestly don't believe you don't know what "insinuation" means so stop playing stupid. Stop with the insinuations and stop with the stupid questions. I PM'd you this link (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?37158-Argos-to-BMO-decision-Wednesday-May-20th&p=1777988&viewfull=1#post1777988) last night so you knew I've posted on the RPB board. Hence why I think your insinuation was directed at me. Be honest, if you weren't insinuating I contacted RPB then who were you insinuating did?

Wobbler
01-15-2016, 05:38 PM
Give it a rest, Angelo. We all know to whom you were referring.

And please don't attack new posters. "Gabriel Hurl" politely took credit for his own photography, and your response was "Waaaa!!! If you post something on a public forum, anyone can take them."? That is childish.

Double Dare
01-15-2016, 06:55 PM
With Argos fans like you guys, who needs the Red Crotch Boys.

Will
01-15-2016, 07:05 PM
I know old habits die hard, but I'll re-emphasize the option of using the Ignore feature.

I'd also ask each of you to take a moment and consider what a potentially new member of this site thinks when all he or she sees are threads descending into madness like this one.

argos1873
01-15-2016, 07:15 PM
Not that I should have to justify myself to anybody but no-one "stooged" anything to me. I've been a lurker on this board for about 2 years now.

Full disclosure - yes I'm a TFC fan and poster over at the RPB board(I had season tickets for the first 5 years of the team before giving them up). I've also averaged going to one Argos game a season when I can for the last 8/9 years and I recently paid $50 for a season seat deposit.

And yes - I signed up today because I saw pictures that I took posted here. Someone had asked where he got them so I signed up and answered the question. What's wrong with that? Common message board etiquette is to post a link as to where you got the pictures particularly is someone else took them. I'm the guy who spent an hour walking around the stadium on a freezing cold Sunday afternoon 2 weeks ago.

It's not like I came in "attacking" the poster demanding for them to credit me credit like some people have it in their heads.

Welcome to the board. You'll find it informative and enjoyable if you ignore the petty spats caused by a few (although usually knowledgeable) posters.

And by the way it is common courtesy and etiquette to cite content posted publicly, but usually not required so long as you are not explicitly claiming them as your own. I don't fault Qman for posting them without citing their origin, and I certainly don't fault you for claiming credit.

AngeloV
01-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Again, I have no problem with the poster. The timing to me was very suspicious. If he's a legitimate Argos fan and wants to post stuff on the Argos here, I absolutely welcome him. I just don't like what I "think" happened. Do I have any proof? No. But as I said, the timing of it all is suspicious.

paulwoods13
01-15-2016, 09:30 PM
Again, I have no problem with the poster. The timing to me was very suspicious. If he's a legitimate Argos fan and wants to post stuff on the Argos here, I absolutely welcome him. I just don't like what I "think" happened. Do I have any proof? No. But as I said, the timing of it all is suspicious.

Angelo, the new poster has given a detailed description of himself and what happened from his perspective. There is not a shred in anything he has written that warrants suspicions about some TFC fan trying to bait Argo fans, or anything else along those lines. The appropriate thing to do here would be to withdraw the suggestion and say welcome to a potential new season-ticket holder. Come on, man, you can do it!

Argo57
01-15-2016, 10:22 PM

You ain't from around here are yuh??
Welcome to the site, personally I find the back and forth rhetoric by both fan bases kind of stupid, although I am not much of a soccer fan I have nothing against TFC and hope they do well as I am a Toronto sports fan.

argos1873
01-15-2016, 10:41 PM

You really should keep your suspicions to yourself. I get what you were getting at, and that's ok. But its not like he came in here like a bat out of hell supposing things. Keep your cards close to your vest, and if he was a suspicious character he would have given himself away eventually.

ArgoRavi
01-16-2016, 03:49 AM
TFC seems to be the root of all evil on this forum. (And, yes, I am only joking.)

T-Bone
01-16-2016, 10:54 AM
Welcome aboard. Sorry about the circumstances.

Rocket
01-16-2016, 07:02 PM

welcome to the site! I to am a fan of both teams more so Argos then tfc but don't worry about any of these guys keep posting to what you believe maybe with a new start to this team we can gain some new fans to the site and weed out the ones that always want to fight with each other on here.

1argoholic
01-17-2016, 12:29 PM
If you like the Argos then welcome. This site is F'ed up and so is the Toronto sports scene. There once was a day when if you where a fan of Toronto sports you wished all of it's teams did well. I go back to when The Argos, Jays and Blizzard (soccer) shared CNE stadium. Oh how times have changed thanks to screwed up owners, certain fans and the media.

They are pictures of a stadium. To quote others on here, chill, the sky is not falling etc..etc.

GabrielHurl
01-17-2016, 03:44 PM
A link to pictures that were taken yesterday

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-bmo-field-renovations-m-s-mlse-gensler.8777/page-56#post-1071638 - these are taken from the Gardiner

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-bmo-field-renovations-m-s-mlse-gensler.8777/page-56#post-1071773

(http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-bmo-field-renovations-m-s-mlse-gensler.8777/page-56#post-1071773)There are more here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/skylinemarc/

DoubleBlue_Red
01-17-2016, 04:43 PM
A link to pictures that were taken yesterday

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-bmo-field-renovations-m-s-mlse-gensler.8777/page-56#post-1071638 - these are taken from the Gardiner

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-bmo-field-renovations-m-s-mlse-gensler.8777/page-56#post-1071773

(http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-bmo-field-renovations-m-s-mlse-gensler.8777/page-56#post-1071773)There are more here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/skylinemarc/

Thanks! Nice work.

ArgoFan1
01-18-2016, 12:44 AM
GabrielHurl..... great pictures on your Flikr site. I've been amassing pictures of Toronto for a couple years myself. Looks like you either work in construction or have access to some high places to take some of those pictures. Wish I could get access to some top spots in the city.

Kenners
01-18-2016, 11:45 PM

Hey welcome! :hi:

thanks for the pics! congrats on the season seat deposit! I'm stoked, glad to see another new joiner on the season seats!

jerrym
01-19-2016, 12:21 AM

Welcome on board the good ship ARGO and please post more often.

GabrielHurl
01-19-2016, 11:47 AM
GabrielHurl..... great pictures on your Flikr site. I've been amassing pictures of Toronto for a couple years myself. Looks like you either work in construction or have access to some high places to take some of those pictures. Wish I could get access to some top spots in the city.

They aren't my pictures. I was going to go down to the site on Sunday but didn't get a chance too.

T-Bone
02-17-2016, 12:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Getting closer! Renovations are underway at BMO.<br><br>📷: <a href="https://t.co/MkaK4Y8lmV">https://t.co/MkaK4Y8lmV</a> <a href="https://t.co/szfCAqI6UY">pic.twitter.com/szfCAqI6UY</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/699960935415463937">February 17, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DoubleBlue_Red
02-18-2016, 12:13 PM
More photos of the stadium:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads...7#post-1084110 (http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-bmo-field-renovations-m-s-mlse-gensler.8777/page-57#post-1084110)

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads...7#post-1084112 (http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-bmo-field-renovations-m-s-mlse-gensler.8777/page-57#post-1084112)

1argoholic
02-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Are they going to frame in behind the roofs and the back of the stadium sections? If not the roofs won't protect from wind and rain coming in from certain angles.

I just googled final design renderings and it seems like there will be gaps at the top back of the covered sections. I guess some areas will be better protected from screaming hot sun, wind and rain better then others. Should provide some fun on windy days.

Downtownfan
02-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Drove by today a couple of times-- the south end roof is now in place, and boy does it make a difference for the feel of the stadium. We are going to have some seriously loud fun there this year.

TOBenfica
02-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Are they going to frame in behind the roofs and the back of the stadium sections? If not the roofs won't protect from wind and rain coming in from certain angles.

I just googled final design renderings and it seems like there will be gaps at the top back of the covered sections. I guess some areas will be better protected from screaming hot sun, wind and rain better then others. Should provide some fun on windy days. as far as I know, the caps will remain. "A rather large gap between the bleachers and roof levels will undoubtedly impact some fans. While the east roof rests five metres above the stands, the west canopy sits a whopping 9.3m above the west stand. The gap between the south stand and the canopy is 15.7m, though it extends back above the south concourse with temporary seating in mind. While every seat at BMO Field is technically “covered,” some are certainly more covered than others. Those sitting in the middle four sections — 10 rows from the top in the lower decks and 10 rows from the bottom in the upper decks — will receive the most protection. The upper part of the south stand will also receive substantial protection from weather. There are no plans to close off the aforementioned gaps." - Toronto Sun article dated Feb 3

Neely2005
02-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Video of the South Roof being raised into place:

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/02/21/video-the-roof-the-roof-the-roof-is-going-higher/?show_id=0

R.J
03-28-2016, 03:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The View from above. 😍👌<br><br>Gettin&#39; closer. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Argos?src=hash">#Argos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NewBeginnings?src=hash">#NewBeginnings</a> <a href="https://t.co/SBO8ONr0nJ">pic.twitter.com/SBO8ONr0nJ</a></p>&mdash; Toronto Argonauts (@TorontoArgos) <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/status/713864621128605696">March 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

gilthethrill
03-28-2016, 04:06 PM
From that view, it appears that not all the seats between the goal lines are covered.

T-Bone
03-28-2016, 04:28 PM
From that view, it appears that not all the seats between the goal lines are covered.
That's an older photo now. There are two pieces of framing missing on the south end, one from each the east and west stands. They needed to be put in place after the south end roof was raised into place. Here is a newer photo:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stopped by BMO field to check it out... W O W! Going to be an unreal atmosphere <a href="https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos">@TorontoArgos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chills?src=hash">#chills</a> <a href="https://t.co/RqGAlOMVsz">pic.twitter.com/RqGAlOMVsz</a></p>&mdash; Matt (@mattdanfran) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattdanfran/status/713477975111557122">March 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

gilthethrill
03-28-2016, 04:31 PM
Thanks T-Bone...that shows the roof clearly covering those seats.

paulwoods13
03-28-2016, 05:17 PM
Sweet!

Scooter McCray
03-29-2016, 11:33 AM
Will they be changing/upgrading the press box? It looks small, especially for a Grey Cup game.

paulwoods13
03-29-2016, 11:44 AM
Will they be changing/upgrading the press box? It looks small, especially for a Grey Cup game.

I imagine they will set up a temporary auxiliary box, or place some reporters in the stands, for things like the GC and Centennial Classic. That's fairly common for big events where the main press box can't handle the full crowd. I've not seen anything indicating press box upgrades are coming, but maybe they are part of the reno.

Scooter McCray
03-29-2016, 12:35 PM
I imagine they will set up a temporary auxiliary box, or place some reporters in the stands, for things like the GC and Centennial Classic. That's fairly common for big events where the main press box can't handle the full crowd. I've not seen anything indicating press box upgrades are coming, but maybe they are part of the reno.Thanks. Not a big deal, but it looks like the press box has a now redundant roof overtop and I'm sure it is not as nice as the other upgrades being done like the dressing rooms. The corporate boxes are nice.

Reggiemac
03-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Looks like the major roof loads are now transferred to the super columns on both sides. The blue temp columns days are numbered.

Qman
03-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Thanks. Not a big deal, but it looks like the press box has a now redundant roof overtop and I'm sure it is not as nice as the other upgrades being done like the dressing rooms. The corporate boxes are nice.

MLSE plans to upgrade the westside in a few years, since its now 10 years old ... the corporate boxes will be upgraded and concessions. Plus the rumour floating around they may add more suites on top of the westside to fill in the gap under the roof. (picture the press box all the way across and 3 stories high). I assume the press box may be expanded then.

ArgoFan1
04-02-2016, 01:15 PM
My brother passed by BMO yesterday and today and said that this morning the temporary supports are gone and the roof is fully supported from the large truss above. I'll go take some pictures.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8