PDA

View Full Version : Great find on Youtube

paulwoods13
03-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Someone has posted the entire broadcast of the game that was both the greatest game in XFL history and the game that led to the league's demise after just one season. An early-season double OT game between Chicago and LA that had an amazing finish but made NBC furious because it caused Saturday Night Live to be delayed until around 12:30 a.m.

This is by far the best representation online of what the XFL was and might have become. And better yet there are tons of CFLers in this -- Copeland, Avery, Barker, Prefontaine and even a bizarre subplot involving Scott Milanovich's pregnant wife! You have to see Copeland -- his catches and his on-field intvu broadcast to the entire stadium -- to believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4wdOIJOeQY

ArgoGabe22
03-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I can't sit and watch the whole 2 hours so I skipped through it. Only saw Copeland with the game tying TD and EP and of course John Avery. Also saw the the Milanovich situation in the beginning. At it end it said Cope had 17 catches but I could never find them.

Thanks for sharing!

Will
03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
I remember how everyone watched the first week of the XFL, but nobody bothered after that. It's awesome to see Jesse "The Body" on commentary, I always felt that him and Gorilla Monsoon were the best announcing pair the WWF has ever produced, although some feel that the Monsoon/Heenan duo was better. The sub-plot with Milanovich's baby at the beginning was hilarious though.

1argoholic
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
I can't watch two minutes of that. I'm not into Disney, circus, fake wrestling and this just seemed like gimic football to me.

paulwoods13
03-14-2012, 06:38 PM
I can't watch two minutes of that. I'm not into Disney, circus, fake wrestling and this just seemed like gimic football to me.

The football was real. Copeland's catches (17 in total) were not gimmicks. Sure there was some ridiculous sideshow stuff associated with the league, but it also had some innovations I'd like to see in the CFL, like cameras on the field and being able to hear the QB's headset and the play calls in the huddle.

ArgoZ
03-14-2012, 09:03 PM
The XFL was so gimmicky. The commentary was the worst. They called a game like a wrestling match. Anyone who thought this was gonna last, had no clue. The biggest mistake was that they always called out the NFL and let everyone know they were gonna take over. "HE HATE ME!"

7dj83r8f78t4alf8