PDA

View Full Version : CFL on TSN analysts

ArgoRavi
01-14-2016, 02:57 PM
With Mike Benevides and Paul Lapolice both getting coaching work this off-season, who will TSN go to as their coaching analyst? Tom Higgins? Higgins could also provide insight into the officiating. Are there any other candidates out there?

gilthethrill
01-14-2016, 04:00 PM
With Mike Benevides and Paul Lapolice both getting coaching work this off-season, who will TSN go to as their coaching analyst? Tom Higgins? Higgins could also provide insight into the officiating. Are there any other candidates out there?

Good question Ravi....could TSN go with ex players who are recently retired? Adriano Belli would be entertaining.

ArgoRavi
01-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Good question Ravi....could TSN go with ex players who are recently retired? Adriano Belli would be entertaining.

If they are going to go with another ex-player, I would go with Daved Benefield who has worked on TV previously and would be quite controversial. Belli is an interesting suggestion but I wonder whether he wouldn't grate on many viewers before long.

ArgoGabe22
01-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Rob Murphy would have been a good choice. He says some interesting stuff in the past on Twitter but has quieted down since becoming a firefighter. Benefield would be a good choice, he speaks on a Lions panel via web or radio or local TV.

R.J
01-14-2016, 09:49 PM
I for one would prefer not to see or hear Ned Flanders on the CFL on TSN telecasts. Belli if he could tone it down a bit would be great IMO.

jerrym
01-15-2016, 02:21 AM
If they are going to go with another ex-player, I would go with Daved Benefield who has worked on TV previously and would be quite controversial. Belli is an interesting suggestion but I wonder whether he wouldn't grate on many viewers before long.

Daved Benefield would be my choice too. He was informative, had good communication skills and sparked interest.

Will
01-15-2016, 09:58 AM
Bring back Marty and Obie!

ArgoRavi
01-15-2016, 02:09 PM
Bring back Marty and Obie!

Those two along with Less Browne made up the best panel ever.

R.J
01-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Marty York ?

timlb01
01-15-2016, 09:39 PM
Bring back Chris Walby. Remember him on the CFL on CBC. We could have Walby Warriors again :)

ArgoRavi
01-16-2016, 04:00 AM
Marty York ?

Marty York, Bob O'Billovich and Less Browne comprised TSN's original regular panel back in 1997. The year prior to that, TSN introduced a panel but it was somewhat of a rotating one. One of the great memories from 1996 was the late Leif Pettersen and Marty York bickering.

Here is a clip of that 1997 panel which was hosted then, as today, by Rod Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHSgwab8L4

R.J
01-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Marty York, Bob O'Billovich and Less Browne comprised TSN's original regular panel back in 1997. The year prior to that, TSN introduced a panel but it was somewhat of a rotating one. One of the great memories from 1996 was the late Leif Pettersen and Marty York bickering.

Here is a clip of that 1997 panel which was hosted then, as today, by Rod Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHSgwab8L4
I remember. Just surprised that people want York involved again, IMO he was terrible, especially as a writer and some of the rumours he would lay out.

AngeloV
01-16-2016, 04:39 PM
I remember. Just surprised that people want York involved again, IMO he was terrible, especially as a writer and some of the rumours he would lay out.

Terrible yes, but somewhat entertaining. But that was years ago. No need to bring him back.

Rocket
01-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Marty York ?

I think the tsn analysts don't do that bad of a job it's the awful play by play announcers that need to be replaced on tsn. Having said that it would be nice to see Marty York come back always loved listing to his rumors and his insight to the league always thought he put in his time and homework for tsn. Does anyone know where Marty York is now? Have not heard anything about him in years!

Argo57
01-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Chris Walby was pretty decent back in the day, knowledgeable and enthusiastic as well.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8